“So close to giving it 5 stars, but live music downstairs knocked it down to 1 star”
Review of The Seaside Inn

and 1 more site!
The Seaside Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The person we dealt with at the hotel was really, really helpful and great. The hotel had a really nice location and view. The room itself was nice... BUT it is in the same structure as a bar/restaurant (I believe owned or managed by the same people who own/manage the Inn) that has live music acts Thursday through Saturday or Sunday nights. We requested a quiet room months in advance when we made the reservation because I was getting up early the next morning to run a half marathon... we got a room that, although it wasn't directly over the bar, was close enough. The rock band woke me up at midnight due to vibrations going through the bed and my earplugs and into my eardrums. They stopped playing at 12:45am, but my sleep was already thrown out of whack and I did not have a good night's sleep. Having a bar with live, amplified music until 1am in the same building as an Inn where people are trying to sleep is a really bad idea. It sunk my review from what would have been 5 stars all the way down to 1 star.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not in the same building as the bar/restaurant if you are there any night Thu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JJ_Boston75

Reviewed 16 September 2013

When we first arrived I wasn't sure what we were in for. There was a large group drinking in the courtyard. It didn't give the appearance of being a family place but it turned out that it was a pre wedding party that also happened in the courtyard that night. It was neat experience. The rooms were small but clean. The bed was a little hard. The view from the deck outside our room was amazing. Staff was very helpful with answers to a lot of our questions. Rustic but nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sfore93392
Reviewed 16 September 2013

After searching for a hotel for a two night getaway in Cape Cod I came across The Seaside Inn. I would not have wanted a better place to stay than here! My mother, grandmother, and I booked it last minute. We stayed in a room that had a kitchenette so there was a sink, microwave, and refrigerator which was great. The room itself was on the first floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean right from our window. We wanted to eat out and be close so we literally went around the corner to the British Beer Company Pub. The pub had great food for a great price. The staff there was very helpful and told us to go to main street Falmouth to shop at the stores. It also only took about 15 minutes to drive to Woods Hole where we took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. We got everything we asked for and more!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family (2 adults and a 17 year old) stayed at the Seaside Inn for a family wedding over Labor Day weekend. We have family that has a house in Falmouth where we normally stay but due to the wedding we didn't want to burden them so we stayed at the Seaside Inn. I am glad we did.

We had a lovely 2 bedroom unit. It was nice having the separate bedroom for our son. At night he could stay up and watch TV and we could sleep or read. The unit was nicely furnished and had a nice deck overlooking the beach. Our unit was on the street side of the inn so at night we did hear people walking back from the resturants and bars. Since the weather was cool we had our windows open but if we had the a/c on I don't think we woudl have heard them. My aunt and uncle stayed at the inn as well. They were happy with thier room and location.

The inn is just across the street from the beach so it was convenient to walk over to the beach or take a nice walk along the beach. The location of the inn is close to the town and stores etc. but was out of the day to day traffic etc of the town.

We enjoyed our stay at the Seaside Inn and would consider staying here again even though we have free accomodations with family (smile) while on the cape.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The closeness to the beach and bike trails was perfect. The room was nice size with two TV's for both kids and us. The room was very clean and we had a parking stall at the room with bikes parked close by.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2 bedroom suite and were told that the suite had 2 separate bedrooms. When we checked in I was surprised to find that the two bedroom is actually a one bedroom that the area where a living room should be just had 2 full size beds. We booked this room because we were told it was a two bedroom and we were sharing with another couple. The other couple is family so fortunately we were able to laugh about the lack of privacy.
The room is also very old and the carpet is stained and not clean. The bathroom looks like they "updated" the floor on their own and the stand up shower is gross. We all had to shower with flip flops on and the water kept filling up due to the water not draining properly. The first night it was also difficult trying to sleep with the sound of running water through the walls all night.
The positive side to staying here is:The people I spoke to were very nice and friendly and the location is great. You are right across the street from the beach and the beach is nice and clean.
In closing, I understand the need to premium price during the summer and placing 2 night minimum stay restrictions however if you charge $300➕ a night you must deliver a quality product. And the fact that I had to pay extra money for additional occupancy for having more than 2 guest annoyed me because I booked a 2 bedroom suite and was charged an extra fee for having a total of 4 guests in my room. Of course there are more than 2 people in a 2 bedroom suite. Again I understand having to price high due to demand but I think that is a bit much.
I would not stay here again nor recommend unless a major renovation is completed.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nikkige
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We just got back from 1 night at the Seaside Inn. The location in Falmouth Heights is ideal and is a short walk to the beach. You can also walk to eat at the British Beer Company (which is part of the hotel location) and to Casino Wharf. Downtown Falmouth is a short drive. The room was very clean, but basic and small. The small room was definitely adequate for a short stay. If I stayed at the hotel for a longer period, I would probably get a room with a kitchenette. Some of the larger rooms have private balconies which looked very nice. The hotel is a great value especially for high season. We would go back again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple