“a dump”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“a dump”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The level of comfort at the Mariner Motel was lacking. I didnt find the bed very comfortable and in fact felt that it tilted downward at the head of the bed. The cleanliness was sufficient but appeared as if it was just dusted over. It seems there are people that live at the hotel and people walked past your door/windows at all times of the day and into the night. It was probably what should be expected from a motel like setting, I've just stayed at more comfortable places that would be linked in the same price/style bracket as this motel. I will say, however, that the woman ho j=checked us in was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tammyt76
kolsson, Owner at Mariner Motel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We are the recipient of Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence award for 2012 and 2013. AAA and other guests have rated our housekeeping as exceptional. Our beds are the finest Sealy Posturepedics and we receive many compliments on a great nights sleep. If you leave your picture window drapes and door open you can watch guests going to and from their rooms as they walk to our shops and restaurants in quaint Falmouth center.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during October and was v pleased with my stay. For the nightly rate the room is what you'd expect - basic, but with all essentials. I was in apartment 24 and the bed was v comfortable and the shower had excellent water pressure. The only slightly annoyance was that the mini fridge periodically makes a popping sound (like popping a champagne bottle), but it's no biggy.

The motel is excellently located, within walking distance to the main shopping street. The owner Karen is extremely lovely, helpful and full of enthusiasm for Falmouth. She is an excellent person to ask for hints and tips on where to go and eat. She recommended I go to Betsy's Diner for my breakfast which didn't disappoint and I only needed an apple for lunch as they fed me so well! She also picked me up from the coach depot and was very welcoming after a gruelling day dealing with delayed flights and long queues at border control, which really helped me to relax and enjoy my stay.

I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JosieR1988
Medway, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We recently stayed here as part of a wedding group. The person checking us in, Karen, who I assume was the owner since she lived in a house behind the motel, was great. She was very pleasant, funny, and knowledge about the wedding plans and of course the area. The motel is located right in the heart of downtown Falmouth, so there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance.
The rooms very clean, large and comfortable. Big bathroom with a walk in shower, with very hot water which is sometime unusual in hotels. The only thing I can say negative is that the shower could use more shelves to place toiletries. Other than that a very nice place to stay with a great price and location.

2 Thank alan41672
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have just returned from a great holiday in Boston, Cape Cod and New Hampshire. We chose the Mariner Motel as our base for our 2 day stay in Cape Cod.
This worked out very well for us and the town of Falmouth was lovely. We were traveling as a couple with my sister and her husband so we had rooms right next door to each other, which was great.
The owner Karen gave us a very warm welcome and sincerely wanted to ensure that we had everything we needed for an enjoyable stay.
The rooms were bright and spacious and spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. There was a lovely outdoor pool area but we didn't get time to use it. Maybe next time.
This motel definitely represents very good value for money and would be great for families as it has a lovely safe ambience.
Thanks Karen for a great stay in Cape Cod.

1 Thank Sharon O
nova scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Awesome place. The host and hostess are wonderful people. They do not mind helping a person out. The room was beautiful. Quiet place, you do not even hear the traffic. Close walking to the shopping area. I cannot say enough about this place, but I will say, and this is a quote....."STAY THERE, IT IS WORTH IT".

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mcduba
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was there only for one night in May. The weather was very bad so I spent most of the time in the room and it was cosy and comfortable. The owners were very helpful and suggested some itineraries I could follow. More suitable for a practical solution since it is situated on the main road. It was the cheapest place I have been to in my holiday. I would suggest it if for a brief period in Falmouth.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MonicaM18
Stratham, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

What more can I say. My husband and I stayed there right after Labor Day for a much needed getaway. The room (2 beds) was roomy, the beds were comfortable and the entire property was spotless. The room had a refrigerator so we were able to bring along snacks and drinks. The swimming pool was large and very clean. The woman checking us in was friendly and welcoming. We brought our bikes and were able to pedal to the Shining Sea Bike Trail easily on back roads. We walked downtown to dinner and took a long walk around town afterwards. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good, reasonable place near downtown Falmouth.

Room Tip: During the week after Labor Day, the motel was very quiet. If I were going in the Summer I would re...