“My favorite place on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Silver Beach

Ranked #6 of 54 things to do in Falmouth
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My favorite place on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I started taking my kids to Old Silver when they were little, we've made so many great memories over the years! The kids are grown now, but summer still isn't complete without a visit or two. The water is beautiful - clean and warm (for the Cape, that is), with gentle waves - perfect for swimmers of all ages. There's ample parking (so the beach does get crowded), the bathroom/changing facilities are clean, and the snack bar has a nice variety of treats. Just wish they still served clam rolls, though!

1 Thank barbaraj0301

Salem, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“HEAVEN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

LOVE, LOVE this beach....warm, clean water - just the right amount of surf. I have been going there for 51 years - so I guess I love it!

1 Thank PMBT1957
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not a very clean beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is the smallest beach I have ever seen! About 20-30 paces to the water. We visited on a weekend. At 9 almost 10 o'clock we were having a hard time finding a spot to lay our towels already. There are a lot of debris (of twigs and of broken shells) and rocks mixed in the sand, too. I didn't feel comfortable kicking off my flip flop. Honestly, I was thinking about when was the last time I had my Tetanus shot, or worst, flesh eating bacteria! I know either are highly unlikely, but I didn't feel like I could, or was relaxed at this beach. There were just too many people for such small stretch of sands.
There were a lot of small fishes so I can see why it holds a certain appeal for young children. However, we all agreed we will not return to this beach again.

146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“You won't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Old Silver Beach is a very special place in Cape Cod. The beautiful soft sand beaches feel so good as you walk along. The water is beautiful to swim in and you can go out a long way and still not be in too deep of water. The beach does get busy on a warm day so be warned. On a warm sunny day there is no where better around Cape Cod.

Owings Mills, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Beach in Falmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

What a treat to enjoy a soft sandy beach with a beautiful view of the ocean and Rhode Island in the background. The water is shallow so it's perfect for little kids to get introduced to the ocean.
I would wear foot protection if you get in the water as there appears to be plenty of rocks in the water.
The rocks add to the beauty of this beach with a huge outcropping on the southern end of the beach.
The area is serviced with two parking lots, one for residents and one for public access. Both have snack shacks. We went to the public section, and the bathhouse and snack/grill area was very clean. I'm a bit of a neat freak and I was highly impressed that the facilities were in such good shape (for public access and at the end of the summer season - late August visit). The good was great too...had the burger and fries and for the beach...it was awesome. A little greasy, but lots of flavor!!
Don't miss this beach if you are looking for some down time at the water.
Plan to pay $20 to park (weekend).
Enjoy!