“Awesome food and friendly service”
Review of Jimmy Brown's Cafe - CLOSED

Jimmy Brown's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This cafe was recommended to my wife and I by the owner of the motel that we stayed at in Falmouth. Since the recommendation came from a lifetime Falmouth local, we decided to try this place out for a quick lunch. The waiter was very friendly and polite and the service was very quick. The food was really fresh and super tasty. I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and it was one of the best I've ever had. The sauce was great and the fried pickles added a unique taste. My wife really liked her Philly cheese steak sandwich also. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were perfect. We would definitely recommend this place for an awesome lunch!

1  Thank CarGuy22

Reviewed 16 May 2014

You'll be glad you stopped here to eat a meal. Try a large garden salad with pan seared salmon - made to order. The homemade chicken pot pie is served with homemade cranberry sauce, twice baked potato and homemade biscuit - tastes delicious. The restaurant is clean, well lit and has an eclectic assortment of pictures and posters on the wall. This was by far the most reasonably priced place to eat during our stay in Falmouth.

2  Thank NHmtnest
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Jimmy Browns is a family run, family-friendly local Cape Cod restaurant where you can bring anyone and feel at home. Big portions of home cooked food that'll keep you coming back for more. A long burger menu with a variety of yummy toppings.. I tried Jimmy's #1 burger, topped with caramelized onions, cheese, thick cut bacon and some of the best BBQ sauce I've ever tasted anywhere. Served on a special "brioche" bun that added a nice touch to the experience. I've never eaten such a big burger so quickly, it was *that* good!
My wife really enjoyed her half rack of ribs, slathered with the same homemade BBQ sauce. Very meaty ribs! Only half a rack, but a generous one, so much so that she gave me 3 of the ribs and we still brought some home!
Owner, John, is behind the bar. His wife, Julie, waits on tables and their brother is the chef. Very nice friendly folks.
Nice selection of craft beers; try the sampler! Also offered: 3 kinds of hard cider, which can be very refreshing on a warm day (or anytime!).
We drove half an hour to get there on the recommendation of a friend who designed and built the interior. We can't wait to go back again!
Located near to the lights on Rt. 28 and Davisville Road in East Falmouth.
Other reviewers here have praised their homemade chicken pot pie; must try that next time! :)

5  Thank MacManCapeCod
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stopped by my local restaurant for dinner the day after St.Patrick's a Day and got Reuben's with onion rings and couscous salad. They were very good as is usual. Toby, our waiter, was attentive and friendly. I had to ask him if he was part of the family too. He wasn't but was just as down to earth as the owners.

4  Thank footinagym
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a family owned pub style restaurant I have been going since they opened maybe 2 yrs ago. I have always enjoyed their food and service. Last week we were there with another couple, and while the foor wad good, the service was the worst we have experienced in many years of dining. We ordered 1 burgers 2 salads and 2 onion soups. For this it took 1 1/2 hours to get our order. The waitress and father of the owner could have cared less abt out wait. The response was a regular "we're working on it". They said they were busy with takeout, In our time there we never saw an order sent out and we were sitting near the entrance. We were never approached with a word unless we asked, and we did several times. If the had come to us and offered a glass of wine or a desert, at least we would have known they cared abt their diners. We were not looking for a freebee We go there at least 3 times monthly.and have sent others. This was a major disappointment. The father was actually rude to us. . The food is good, however the service was beyond poor.

2  Thank thcapeman