“Best Breakfast (and service) in Falmouth”
Review of Moonakis Cafe

Moonakis Cafe
Ranked #6 of 169 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Moonakis is a locally-owned breakfast and lunch restaurant with a loyal following. Our servers love getting to know you and look forward to you joining "the Moonakis family". People rave about our homemade hash, light and airy pancakes, waffles and omelettes. You'll see that we offer some kinds not found elsewhere. Breakfast is served all day. Try our lunches! We serve an interesting menu with some local choices we hope you will enjoy... and tell your friends! One thing to know... we operate on a cash-only basis, no credit cards. Please stop by soon and give us a try! See menus and directions on our website.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our timing was perfect on the morning of July 7th as we did not experience any wait and we were immediately seated. Within a few seconds, a young man provided us with a great cup of coffee and our waitress arrived to tell us about the specials. We peered around to see the wonderful variety of food that was delivered to the surrounding tables. We settled on the blueberry pancakes which were perfect along with wonderful eggs, made-from-scratch corned beef hash, and pretty good home fries which came to the table piping hot!! As we were enjoying our breakfast, we couldn't help but notice how well-organized the employees were and how well they all worked together; hence, the service was the best from the young men/women who delivered coffee, cleared and set tables promptly to the waitresses who were fantastic and the chef who created a great start to the day. Everybody seemed to be focused on the customer's needs and it sure translated into a very good experience. This place would be a great case study for anyone struggling with their business or thinking about getting into this business. Great job!!

2  Thank Adventure57

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This restaurant is so popular for breakfast that it was about a 45 minute wait at about 8:45 a.m. On a Saturday morning. But it was definitely worth it! We had heard about the incredible blueberry pancakes but I also wanted a Portuguese egg sandwich . So we ordered both and split the orders. They were hands down the BEST blueberry pancakes ever! Thin and crispy on the edges- kind of hard to write this without drooling.. The sandwich was my first Portuguese breakfast sandwich and made a perfect pairing with the pancakes. My husband thought the roll a tad bit too sweet, but I thought it was perfect. So much food that perhaps we didn't need the side of home fries, but I would be vetoed if I suggested that on the next visit. Crowded and noisy, but our service was fine and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll get there this week!

1  Thank Carrielou2013
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It is is THE place to go for breakfast in Falmouth. The service is excellent and the food superb. Delicious pancakes and outstanding corned beef hash. Don't miss it! A great way to start your day.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I now know the reason, this place serves some very good food. We were told that their breakfast was good, but that was an understatement. The food was excellent, i know that it hard to make a breakfast sound as good as it was, but believe me it was.

2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The clam chowder was excellent, sandwich very good. However, slow service, including very long wait for check. I might try it again, but only by convenience - not first choice.