“What a gem!”

Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I can't believe I lucked out on this place at the last minute. I have always stayed here with my mother, but since she moved to an efficiency, I had to find lodging myself. The reviews on Trip advisor led me here and I am more than thrilled at the find. I arrived late at night and upon opening my drapes in the morning discovered that I can see the ocean from my balcony! The room and grounds are spotless and welcoming. I can walk two short blocks to the beach and am in a lovely, quiet part of town. Walking back from the beach the other night, I encountered a beautiful fox going who knows where. I love it here!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had read several reviews before booking, and the ones about the Motor Lodge were all correct! The staff is wonderful. From the time I called in until check out they were cheerful, helpful and full of information. I knew when I booked I had chosen the right place. It was so deceiving from the road as I drove in. This ML is expansive. They have several buildings and a lot of options. I stayed in their Main Lodge. It has all been redone. I thoroughly enjoyed walking everywhere. The beach is right through their back gate. I just booked again for the Fourth of July this year!

Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Laurette M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed in Falmouth for 2 nights as our base to explore Cape Cod and to be close to the ferry station

The staff here could not have been more friendly and genuine, they were always helpful and ready to supply information and great tourist tips. We also purchased slightly reduced return ferry tickets to Martha's Vineyard which were on offer for the lodge guests

We checked in later than planned and called ahead to advise but happily we made the 22:00 arrival deadline.

Our room was in the main block of, I think, 5 adjacent rooms and to be honest the sound proofing was below basic requirements. We could clearly here the TV in the next room and the volume was at a reasonable level, so you could hardly blame the neighbor

The room, bedding, carpets and towels all looked a bit tired and rather old fashioned - the bathroom was quite narrow and dimly lit. The place was clean but would need some refurbishment and brightening to make it more welcoming. We had a huge fridge but no kettle.

We took breakfast which was prepaid in the room rate but , as stated in previous reviews, it was quite basic with only weak instant coffee.

On the whole Cape Cod is quite expensive but I was expecting a bit more given the rate we had paid. The pool looked lovely but we didn't use it as we were far too busy exploring.

Internet was included in the room rate and it worked fine. We were even able to park the car here after check-out for the full day which we really appreciated.

The staff here would deserve a better rating, but the basic comfort level of the accommodation is the main reason for this grading.

If I came back to Cape Cod again I would honestly book earlier and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rach68Basel
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I booked my stay here for a nearby wedding, so luxury and my personal comfort weren't a priority. But what a surprise! The room was vast, impeccable and smelled really clean and fresh. The closet was spacious, the bed comfy and the bathroom really charming -- soft lighting and nice toiletries. In other words, it didn't feel anything like a "motor lodge"; in fact, I'd recommend the property consider changing its name to reflect the far more cushy experience it provides. On top of everything, the staff were friendly and extremely helpful with date changes as well as giving directions and travel tips.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank gatopoder
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Found this Motel on internet - and since we hadn't been back to the Cape in 13 years, I picked a place that I knew (Falmouth) and thought that the price was very very reasonable. I booked for two nights, not knowing what the Motel might be like - well, we would have stayed on and on and on. We were in a small, but clean and perfect room (Motel style) I asked the friendly people at the desk if there were other rooms - they started to slow more many rooms - since they own five different buildings on their property. We upgraded and got a great, huge room (better since we decided to stay on for another night) and it was only $20 more! Oh yes, there is breakfast in the lobby, so you go and pick up your food which you can eat in their garden or in your room - very nice. On the property, there is laundry facilities, you can walk to the beach and walk to the ferry that takes you to Martha's Vineyard. When returning from the Ferry to the Vineyard, my husband commented - 'It feels like we were are walking home'. Love this Motel and highly recommended it to everyone!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harbor Building and loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank yankeerome
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge for one night after a long 12-hour drive from Toronto, Canada.

Checked in around 10pm and friendly front desk clerk offered us some maps and brochure of the area.

Our room had a queen bed and was very clean and tidy.

In the morning, we checked out the continental breakfast, which turned out to be a few pieces of coffee cake, muffins, dry cereals, coffee/tea. We took our breakfast down to the small beach just a few min. walk from the lodge. No chance to try the onsite pool.

We checked out around 9am and was able to keep our car parked in their lot as we rented some bikes to tour around the Shining Sea Bikeway.

We had an okay stay. Nothing to rush back for.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in one of the cottages alone for three nights before my husband joined me for a further two. It was perfect in every way as a base, and the well-stocked kitchenette allowed me to cater for myself without having to eat out alone. Staff were delightful at all times and everything was clean and well looked after.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple