“Charming resort with great food and fabulous service”

ShoreWay Acres Inn & Cape Cod Lodging
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed here with a bus group of 40+ people. The hotel took care of our luggage and checkin seamlessly upon arrival and had welcome snacks and drinks ready for us after a long ride. The room was very clean, well maintained, and quite large with a king size bed. It had a full size refrigerator and a nice seating area to read the paper or eat. Our room faced the parking lot but I was not in the room except to sleep so it wasn't an issue for me.

The hotel has a great full size buffet breakfast to start your day. Everything including the homemade pastry was delicious! We also enjoyed two dinners at the hotel which were outstanding. The service there was also great - everyone greeted you with a smile!

There is a large indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool. The grounds are large and well mainained with several picnic tables and a few 4 person swings. The hotel is a short walk to the beach and an even shorter walk to many cute shops and some restaurants.

I would recommend staying here if you like authentic charm of a hotel or bed and breakfast type. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mroynan

Reviewed 6 July 2013

When I checked in and saw my room I was paying over 200.00's a night for I simply could not believe it. It smelled like my Aunt and Uncle's old basement and I'll never forget that smell...and felt damp. I went into the bathroom and the toilet seat was covered in SOMETHING. It looked dried and I made the horrendous mistake of touching it. It was not yet dried and it was in splotches all over the toilet seat. I was so grossed out and I called the front desk. She did not act like she was sorry or tried to comfort me in any way....just asked me if I would like her to send housekeeping. Duh??? I asked her if that was all she had to say. They came and cleaned the bathroom and since the Cape was so crowded we had to stay there. During the night my clothes because all damp and I got dressed and we left in a hurry...it felt better outside than in the room. We were going to stay for 2 nights, but we told them we couldn't take it. They may have better rooms or I can't understand why anyone would stay here at all. It is sad to make such a bad review, because I know this is a family owned hotel. But that toilet seat was just too much for anyone to deal with!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kblake6477
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The location is great; few minute walk from the center of town and 10 minute from the beach. Nothing spectacular about the hotel, just nice and clean place with friendly people. The place has an outdoor and indoor swimming pool; the indoor pool saved our weekend in May cold and rainy day…. It’s great for families escape; plenty room for everybody at reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniela_Boston
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Let's face it. Hotels in Falmouth leave ALOT to be desired. The Cape in general is not a 5 star kind of vacation. It is New England and most properties make you step back in time. This property is basic, but better than the Holiday Inn. It does have that old time charm with new flat screened TVs. Just watch out for the free breakfast where they expect a tip. My kids love the indoor pool since we frequently are visiting family in the winter. We have stayed here over 10 time. Each visit has been different. Some better than others. During warmer months you can stay in the outbuildings which if you have two children and want a separate room with connecting door is great. The Motel building is a standard 2 double affair, but has a giant refrigerator, microwave and table for eating. Ask the staff about your room. They are very helpful. If they would just put a little more money into things like bedding, towels (too thin), paint and thick new doors, this place could make a killing!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Large nicely decorated room with huge full fridge and microwave.Comfy beds,large table and chairs.The room is set up for self catering and would be great for familes.There is a breakfast room which served hot and cold food included in the cost.There was no restaurant for evening meals but the hotel was only a short walk from the main street that had many to choose from.Functions can take place at this hotel as there was a bar and dance floor area.There was a. very pleasant indoor swimming area in a modern block surrounded by windows,also there was an outdoor pool.The grounds were beautiful with the rooms in separate blocks according to their type.Strange to be reminded to tip the waitress for serving coffee or tea.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the gardens rather than the car park at the back would be nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulineclifton
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Lovely grounds lovely rooms lovely staff. Great location, only stopped one night on a road trip, glad I picked this place. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place. Breakfast is great, only minor issue is, I know when to tip and how much, you don't need to remind me as I sit down for a meal, gets a little annoying after a while.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zeke G
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed here as part of US tour. Arrived very late due to airport delay but to a warm welcome with snacks and drinks waiting. Lovely, spotlessly clean, comfortable room with all amenities- fridge, microwave. Breakfast downstairs with choice of cold or hot dishes,good quick service. Well appointed indoor swimming pool. (large outdoor pool also in summer).Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Within walking distance of main street. Nearby Irish pub recommended for evening meals.

Room Tip: We were in building with pool so this review is based on those rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends