I'm sure the incredible location is what has kept them in business for decades: walk to beach, walk to the center of town. Restaurants, shops, library, bike rentals, only steps away...
The Inn is spacious. A great lawn separates several New England-style buildings where every room is different (if you Ignore the motel-looking Pool Building, that hosts the indoor pool, the breakfast room, and many guest rooms). There are tables and chairs on the lawn, old-fashioned swings, a badminton net ( ask at the reception for raquets and ball), and even individual grilles where families can bring their charcoal and have barbeques. The outdoor pool is small but adequate, the people very nice and helpful, the breakfast is standard American but plentiful and tasty, with enough variety and fresh things.
The rooms are old, but clean. Many have kitchinettes, porches, etc.
I first came here in 1982, new to the Boston area and the Cape. I returned in 2012 and had a huge room on the first floor, with a private porch in the back, overlooking a lawn, with a full kitchen and 3 beds. The only place they had available 2 days before 4th of July weekend... The inn seemed unchanged to me - but in reality they do maintain and paint and fix all the time. We came again in 2013, and had a smaller room, on the 2nd floor - but just as comfortable.
It's a very nice place to go if you want to explore the Cape, and if you can leave behind expectations of ultra-modern amenities. The inn is comfortable, clean, and incredibly well located.
Rent or bring bikes and try the bike path connecting Woods Hole to North Falmouth, linger on the sandy beach in the afternoon when most families are gone and it's nice an quiet, try a new restaurant every night... You will have a great week and you will remember the charm of the Shoreway Acres Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Cape Cod's ShoreWay Acres Inn, and experience historic New England in a charming residential atmosphere. The Inn's ideal location in the heart of Falmouth's Historic District is within easy walking distance of the Village Green, Main Street shops, 20+ restaurants(ranging from sidewalk cafes and pubs to ethnic and fine dining)Surf Drive Beach, churches, Shining Sea Bikeway, Falmouth Museums on the Green, Carousel of Light and Cape Cod Trolley Stop. Martha's Vineyard ferries - one mile and three miles. Just a short drive to the fishing village of Woods Hole, Highfield Theater and Highfield Hall and Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ShoreWay Acres Inn & Cape Cod Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreway Acres Hotel Falmouth
- Shoreway Acres Falmouth
- ShoreWay Acres Inn & Cape Cod Lodging Falmouth, MA