We travelled with 2 kids, ages 8 and 5, and called and got adjoining rooms at last minute, mid august of 2013 for 2 nights, before we came home to Ontario.. We had been on a 10 day road trip, just staying where we could as we went. I loved this place! Really, Really loved it! It was busy, lots of people, and yes, some were older, and quiet. It isn't a place to party, but it is a nice place to have a party. By that I mean groups can come, have dinner on the spacious and well maintained lawns, have a drink by the pool if you bring your own wine etc. It truly was relaxing and homey. The rooms we had were comfortable, one had a fridge, microwave, and good cable TV. The rooms had separate entrances but were attached in the back by a shared bath...which was great for the kids. There was flowered comforters, border on the walls, and lots of white wicker lawn furniture and patio tables for seating outside. It is not high end and modern, but it really is well maintained, and comfy and relaxing. I wished we cold have stayed longer. It truly was the best part of the trip. The breakfast buffet was not fabulous, eggs, a meat, and fruit, breads etc...but it certainly was more than adequate and filled us up in the mornings. The server remembered our preferred juices, and milk, not cream for the coffee. All of the service was excellent, from the front desk, to the wait staff, and the people cleaning the pools. Very friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was in a comfortable neighborhood, where everyone is welcome. There are swings on the lawns, and plenty of room to relax and wind down. The flowers were beautiful, and everything was groomed, neat, and just felt like we had gone to a relatives to stay a bit.
The walk to the beach is about 10 minutes, and the beach has lots of shells, and some rocks. It was warm, sunny and beautiful, but I would recommend water shoes if you plan on walking it a lot. The sand is nice, but does have shells and rough bits in it. Our kids played, made sand castles and collected shells, so it was still a great beach. Not huge, but did stretch out quite a ways. it does not have a huge area from the grassy part to the water, though. That part can be narrow in places. There is an alley from behind the resort that you can walk to the town area in just a minute or two. Very handy for restaurants and shopping. The rest of the town is large (for Cape Cod), there is a mall, lots of other things to see and do, and the drive up the coast is lovely, with many other public beaches and beautiful views. There is a parking fee for the beaches, but it is reasonable, and worth it! This place is a quick ferry to Martha's Vineyard, Boston is an hour and a half away for day trips, whale watching... and there is plenty to do in a short drive from the hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for pristine, glossy, new and modern. But if you want a great place to wind down, be close to beach and good shops, and great restaurants...and like charm, and a feeling that you have just stepped back in time a bit...go for it. One of the staff even gave me a cutting of some of his plants...how nice is that? we have already decided next year we are going to book this hotel / resort and ask for the kitchenette rooms, and make this or base for our holiday. I loved the charm, the uniqueness of it, and the hominess. It was beautiful, and I am looking forward to next August and our stay at Shoreway Acres Inn already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Cape Cod's ShoreWay Acres Inn, and experience historic New England in a charming residential atmosphere. The Inn's ideal location in the heart of Falmouth's Historic District is within easy walking distance of the Village Green, Main Street shops, 20+ restaurants(ranging from sidewalk cafes and pubs to ethnic and fine dining)Surf Drive Beach, churches, Shining Sea Bikeway, Falmouth Museums on the Green, Carousel of Light and Cape Cod Trolley Stop. Martha's Vineyard ferries - one mile and three miles. Just a short drive to the fishing village of Woods Hole, Highfield Theater and Highfield Hall and Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your ShoreWay Acres Inn & Cape Cod Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreway Acres Hotel Falmouth
- Shoreway Acres Falmouth
- ShoreWay Acres Inn & Cape Cod Lodging Falmouth, MA