“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Tides Motel of Falmouth
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Westport, Massachusetts
“Nice place”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Visiting Falmouth for three nights, checked out reviews for the Tides,,very clean room, in need of some updating in many areas,,,,biggest is the need for air conditioners,, now I know some reviews stated there were none, so I knew what I was getting myself into, I even brought alittle fan for myself, But I thought I read some rooms head ceiling fans, ours did not,, We were on the first floor right on the beach, The sound of the surf was incredible, But the humidity was intense in the room,, The little kitchenette area was very nice, Just enough to make a little breakfast, they provided toaster electric skillet and small refrigerator And microwave, Not a lot of counterspace to work, but good enough,,, The beds did make a lot of noise, Can be a little embarrassing In the right situation, but the walls were thick enough and I really did not hear any of my neighbors,, And I prayed they did not hear me though we did try to be considerate of others,, The area the motel is located right next to the Falmouth Yachtclub and Next door is the island ferry that brings people to and from Martha's Vineyard, Let's just say that on a foggy day they blow that horn pretty loud, And will blow it again when coming into port which can throw you for a loop if you're not prepared for it,, The area was great for taking long walks, Other than the boats coming to and fro there was very little noise and it was an enjoyable few days, I would also recommend they update their outdoor seating, that would have made things a little bit more pleasurable for sitting or napping in the sun,,, I would definitely recommend the tides motel especially if they install air conditioning. Pricing is about average for that area I guess, about $200/night, but a little steep especially when you're missing the cool and comfortable air and a good nights sleep. The staff were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed here for two nights just for a quick get-a-way. This place is so nice with amazing view, restfull and peaceful. The staff tended to our needs and were very friendly!! I would recommended this place to anyone. Great location but away from the hussle of other Seaside Resorts. Found a new get away close to home!! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cappercod
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I almost don't want to review this place because it is Falmouth's hidden gem. I've been staying here for 15 years and just recently made the mistake of staying elsewhere: Sea Beach hotel on Silver Beach. Mistake. The location of the Tides cannot be beat, nor is hearing the ocean at night. I hate humidity but even in mid August I had no issue without ac. The breeze is enough. Rooms could use a facelift but for the price and location who cares!!! Room rates would just go up. Book this place, you can't go wrong and the boat watching is awesome. Recommend!!

Stayed August 2012
Sarasota
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We're a retired couple who like to find affordable well-run hotels in good locations, and the Tides Motel of Falmouth fit this category well. The location is superb, right on the beach and practically across from the Yacht Club. The room was quite basic, but very clean. We were there in late September and the lack of air-conditioning wasn't a problem. We stayed on the second level. Take your own shampoo as none is provided. I'd recommend the Tides if you're looking for good value for your money in Falmouth.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tropicas
Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This little motel has a good location, nice size room with kitchenette area and very, very clean. In fact, probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed at ever! But......no AC! And that is a very big deal when the temps are 95 degrees and the humidity is equally as high! After biking around Nantucket one day and walking Martha's Vineyard the next, we were hot, hot, hot and then back to the hotel where there is no relief from the humidity. I didn't realize that there was no AC until we arrived and most likely would not have booked the room had I known. Everything feels damp and icky when the humidity runs high and sleeping was a problem for me. Plus we couldn't really lock the room up or there would have been no air at all so I didn't feel like I could safely leave anything in the room. Overall, the place is great but if AC is a must for you, then this is not the place for you..........

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank cindylou57
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This review is from a younger (20's) couple. We are laid back and spend money wisely and are not picky or need everything perfect. Our stay was in October 2011 over a weekend and we stayed on the 2nd level.

The hotel room was very clean and well taken care of. Daily service was fantastic.

There is no AC unit but it is great how you can open up the entire backside of the room and let the sea breeze come in. The front also has vents you can open to create a great cross breeze. Perfect for the usual temperature Falmouth gets, however if it is a time during the summer where it is hotter and humid an extra fan would be a recommendation.

The bed was not the most comfortable but it served its purpose.

Internet was fine as was the TV.

The rooms are big enough to move around and also offer counter space and a place to prepare food however we did not use that.

location is great! The beach is within walking distance and so is the Island Queen Ferry to Martha's Vineyard. 'Downtown' Falmouth is also a short drive away along with many places to eat/drink both a short drive and/or a short walk down toward the main beach area.

The hotel sits right on the ocean and has great views of Martha's Vineyard and you can hear the ocean very clearly at night, especially with the windows open. The 2nd floor rooms have a deck outback with chairs (2 per room). The deck is not the biggest however they are all connected and you can walk the entire length of it, which I think is good and bad.

There were plenty of parking spaces and the hotel has great views out front looking into Falmouth Harbor.

Overall we liked the hotel & service and we would stay again but probably not in the dead of summer due to high humidity/temp making in less comfortable to sleep.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JimmyG802
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The Tides is just outside of downtown Falmouth, you couldn't ask for a better location - and right on the ocean. The hotel is next to a dock so if you have a boat, you can launch a little way away and then tie up next to the hotel which was a great feature for our group. A nice path runs up the shore for walking.
As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel is in want of some updates but we were fine with what they had in the rooms as far as refrigerator and microwave. (We had to unplug the refrigerator as it kept kicking on and off loudly all night but that wasn't a big deal.) The property is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, five star and otherwise! Definitely will be back as we have family & friends in Falmouth and this offers us a peaceful, friendly and affordable option for visiting folks without sleeping on couches!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beachside!