“Reviews should go higher than five for the Inn on the Sound.”
Review of Inn on the Sound

Inn on the Sound
Ranked #2 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Katy, Texas
“Reviews should go higher than five for the Inn on the Sound.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have had several wonderful B&B experiences on the Cape. Sadly, we did not know what we were missing by not staying at the Inn on the Sound.

Attention to detail shows at every turn - beautiful architectural details, ironed linens, carefully placed ornaments, beautiful plantings and get this - they paid to run the power lines underground in front of the inn so that your view will be unspoiled.

This attention to detail shows up at breakfast. Fruit is not merely put in a bowl, it is arranged as a work of art. It is not a B&B breakfast, it's a dining experience.

Rooms are surprising large and rival any five star hotel for detail. Our room had a private balcony and a stunning view of the sound. Several rooms we saw had fantastic views. The amenities are perfect, of course. Needless to say, the bed is sumptuously comfortable.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms....just choose one that fits your budget and know that it will be perfect. If...
2 Thank atexastraveller_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Dorset
Reviewed 26 July 2012

What more can I add to these glowing reviews? The inn is spotlessly clean with every attention to detail from the guidebooks and maps, to the kitchen facilities provided for guests.The bed was fantastically comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious with fresh herbs from the garden. Great location close to ferry for Martha's Vineyard.
The only slight downside was some noise transference from the room above.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lojaDorset
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have recently moved to Boston from Europe and it has always been my dream to visit Cape Cod. I had romantic views of beautiful beaches, lobster dinners and cool boutiques.
As everyone had warned us about the dreadful traffic on the cape, we decided to go for Falmouth. I must admit, I had wanted to stay closer to Chatham or Orleans but in the end we booked this place.

And I have to say it was a wise choice. The Inn's location is fantastic, yes there is a road but it is not busy at all. The views are amazing, the beach is right there, maybe not the beast beach on the Cape but we were there on a hot Sunday nearly by ourselves.

The Inn itself is fantastic. We stayed in a small room but with Ocean view. Room was big enoug and bathroom spacious with nice products.

Breakfast is a treat, with everyday a hot special which is just to die for.

However the best thing about the inn is that the owners have thougt of everything: beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas, every map and book on the Cape you can dream off, soft drinks for free in the fridge, tea 24 hours, coffee from 7 AM, short bread always at the ready.
it is just lovley and it makes you feel like you are actually getting value for money.

We would defo stay here again.

Falmouth itself is lovely as well.

Room Tip: go for sea view
2 Thank Chocolate74
Middleton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The inn has wonderful views of the water. The rooms are all different but all extremely clean. Our room the Nobska Point has a little kitchenette with everything you would possibly need. The best part of the room is its private entrance and deck. I did a little snooping and my favorite rooms would be the Green Harbor which is on the first floor and the Great Harbor on the second floor. Both of these rooms are spacious, private porches with direct views of the water. The bathrooms in these rooms seemed larger than the rest of the rooms. I would definitely stay in one of these room if available. Each morning they have a cold buffet and a hot item. Yum! You may have your breakfast on the front porch , in the dining area or in your room. The inn keepers and their help are friendly with tremendous knowledge of the area. Great place to unwind!

Room Tip: Get ar room with the view and a private porch.
1 Thank Anne F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My fiancé and I stayed at the Inn on the Sound for three magical days and nights in July 2012. Recommended by a friend of ours, it did not disappoint. First of all, the location is magnificent, situated right on the sound directly across from the beach. While I did not have an ocean-view room, many of the rooms appeared to have views directly onto the ocean - nothing is more relaxing or peaceful. Also, a little bonus, when you're looking towards the water, you see Martha's Vineyard in the distance.

Upon arrival, we were treated with the highest level of hospitality, kindness and generosity. Howard greeted us and gave us a brief tour of the Inn and showed us to our rooms. He was available during the length of our trip and helpful with recommendations for where to eat, what to do, and just to have a friendly chat. His wife, Jan, was just as wonderful - always a smile with which to greet you.

Our room, the Sippewisset, had a queen-sized bed, a beautiful armoire, a private bathroom (with an amazing tiled shower and wonderful BeeKind amenities), and charming, high-quality New England decor. I felt like I was in a photograph from an interior design magazine. Though we didn't have an ocean view, we had windows which allowed for plenty of sunlight, and if we wanted to see the ocean, we just went downstairs and sat on the amazing front terrace or went across the street to the beach.

The morning breakfast was unbelievable. My fiancé and I are both gluten-intolerant, something I mentioned in my reservation notes when I was booking the room a while back. This is something that in many places would be overlooked or misunderstood. The first morning we were at the Inn, however, as soon as Howard and Jan saw us come down the stairs and into the dining area, they mentioned they had seen our notes and stocked up on gluten-free items for us. In fact, they tailored the entire Inn's breakfast for us - we were treated to gluten-free french toast, and the next morning, a wonderful egg dish. I have never felt so welcome and cared for while on vacation. And a bonus - your bed gets made while you're at breakfast! Another note about the dining area - there is a small kitchen for guests which has a refrigerator stocked to the brim with bottles of water and various sodas / drinks. You can also put your personal items in there if you need something kept cold. Hot coffee and gourmet teas are always available, and there is always something to snack on (banana bread, homemade biscotti, fruit...).

During the days, we either went to the beach (there are beach chairs and umbrellas for guests to use, and a beach bag with towels waiting for your in your room), explored Main Street, or simply relaxed in our room / in the Inn / on the deck, reading from the vast array of magazine and newspapers Howard and Jan keep in stock (by the way, an assortment of the morning's newspapers is available near the dining area - a great way to relax and stay in touch with the world over a delicious breakfast!).

I noticed that throughout the day, our room would magically be cleaned, touched up, our towels continuously refreshed, our items organized. It was like a magical group of mice was keeping everything just right, just so.

If you're looking for a wonderfully relaxing, peaceful, astonishingly beautiful (and welcoming, hospitable, romantic...the list of positive adjectives goes on...) experience in Cape Cod, you must stay here. Even the ending was wonderful - as we were leaving, Jan offered us some snacks and drinks for the road.

Oh, and a bonus for me - I got engaged during my stay! The ambiance makes magic happen... :)

Room Tip: I can only speak to what I know - I stayed in the Sippewisset room, which does not have an ocean vie...
1 Thank Candies114s
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We only had time for one night stay at this absolute gem and regret we couldn't stay longer. The room was immaculate and comfortable and the view for our deck was amazing. The cooked breakfast was to die for and the hosts made us feel very welcome. They were also very helpful I recommending local restaurants and sights to visit to helps maximize our short time in the area. We would go back in a heart beat.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niqi
Robertson
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed 4 nights in the busy week of 4th of July celebrations, and we just loved it. At Inn on the Sound everything is spot on. Facilities, attention to detail, high quality (bath)room amenities, location opposite the main beach, hands-on owners and a wonderful fresh and generous breakfast with a sophisticated twist. We also liked Falmouth for its vibrant main street and central location for exploring Cape Cod, while not too far away from the main land. We can fully recommend Inn on the Sound!

5 Thank Uyttenhove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#6 of 20 in Falmouth
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge

Been to Inn on the Sound? Share your experiences!