“Simply the best”

Inn on the Sound
Ranked #3 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 August 2006

We have stayed at the Inn for a number of years and it is now has new owners and they not only made our stay pleasurable but were themselves a pleasure. They were so very accomodating. We had some friends stop by that made comment on the warm and hospitable feeling that abounds at the Inn; thank you Howard and Jan. It was simply the best and we will be back again and again.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank mimerator

Reviewed 25 August 2006

We decided to try to make a small vacation out of a stressful family- driven visit to the Cape. Our short-notice plans, -- made during the height of the season, -- included several scheduling challenges. Howard and Jan’s suggestions and support for dealing with them helped make our trip not only successful, but a very enjoyable one too -- something we did not anticipate.

The Inn on the Sound is a very lovely, well-appointed Bed and Breakfast with two very warm and gracious hosts. Howard and Jan “go the extra mile” to ensure that their guests are comfortable yet have their “own space” as well. Each morning we awoke to a spectacular view of the Sound and Martha’s Vineyard, followed by a delightful, relaxing breakfast before we struck out on our difficult task of the day.

We enjoyed every moment of our stay and look forward to returning soon.

Bob & Kathleen Pacek

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank LQQKAGN
Reviewed 8 August 2006

We had such a relaxing and amazing experience at the Inn on the Sound and can't wait to go back for another stay. Howard and Janet are the most delightful and helpful hosts! The experieince at the Inn was the highlight of our trip and we highly recommend others to stay at the Inn. Our room was peaceful with a beautiful view and extremely clean. The breakfast made by Howard and Janet was delicious every day!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SLPetes
Reviewed 6 August 2006

I had never stayed at a b&b before, but after this I'm only going to look for them to stay at. Jan and Howard went out of their way to make us comfortable - even to the point of doing our laundry for us while we went to the beach (we were continuing our vacation somewhere else, not going home, or I never would have imposed). The house is warm and inviting and Howard's light and tasty waffles were such a hit.

I look forward to staying there again and hope they will let me reciprocate with a visit to Florida.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vignaj
Reviewed 5 August 2006

Where do I start? The Inn itself was beautiful, with a great environment and was extroadinarily clean. I have traveled all over the United States and Europe and have never enjoyed a stay as much as I did at the Sound. The rooms look as though they belong in Home and Garden and the same goes for the dining room and sitting area. The deck in the front was perfect for breakfast or coffee becuase it's so close to the ocean you can hear the waves breaking on the shoreline.
Aside from it's beauty and perfect location, the thing I was most taken with were the innkeepers, Jan and Howard's kindness. To say that I've never recieved that kind of service is just an understatement. I haven't had half the hospitality they showed us at a family member's house. Howard makes a different and excellent breakfast item each morning along with all the fresh fruits and delicious granola that Jan is quite known for. Howard makes his own ice cream which he gives to all the guests, and once when a batch of cranberry ice cream didn't go as planned he actually went out and bought Godiva chocolate bars so we could have our ice cream. My brother's room was lacking a sports channel so Howard brought his OWN TV up to my brother's room and set it up. There are a number of other things that show they go the extra mile in service, but I was so surprised when Jan ran out during a breakfast rush and bought me a birthday cake and present. I was almost in tears because I have never been shown so much kindness and thoughtfullness. I am not a person who takes to everyone and I'm picky with who I make friends with and I have to say that Jan and Howard left such an enduring impression that I will make the Sound a place to get away to every year. Who wouldn't want to just relax and be treated like royalty. Then to be honest, I never wanted to stay at a B&B after a few horror stories I've heard from some aquaintances and some bad experiences personally. I am soo glad that I decided to give it another try and stay.
The cleanliness and service and of course the decoration made me fall in love with the inn and I just wanted to share my experience with tripadvisor so that prospective visitors will know what to expect!
Oh, and they give you beach towels and as many chairs and umbrellas as you need. The private beach is only a few steps away from the inn and it is private so it"s perfect for laying out and relaxing with privacy. There were only a couple other guests at the beach and that was at different times, so if you get there early you could have the beach to yourself!
Also if you don't the area they will give you advice on which restaurants to go to or which sights to see. They will give you a map and Howard will offer to show you the way, (as he did with us a few times!) Anything you could imagine wanting to do or having done for you, Jan and Howard were there to happily do it for you.
Another thing I want to mention is the fact that you never heard children screaming in the middle of the night or during the day when you want to go to sleep or simply relax. I LOVE kids but when you get away on a vacation the last thing you want to hear is a child screaming all night. This is an inn great for families or couples. It has that beautiful, serene ambience.
Look for photos coming!

The Zourdos Family, NY.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Rose8484
Reviewed 31 July 2006

I had the opportunity to share this slice of heaven on the sound with the owners Janet and Howard. The rooms are romantic, comfortable and relaxing. The views of the sound are spectacular and the sunset is among the most beautiful that I have ever seen. The breakfast is healthy and delicious. What a way to start the day! Janet's granola, breads, and pastries and Howard’s waffles are simply out of this world. However the most enjoyable part of the stay is the opportunity to spend time with this most delightful couple. They are simply the most enjoyable pople to be around and they make every effort to make you really feel at home. They are also a wealth of knowledge of the activities and restaurants in the area. After a stay with Janet I feel as though I have known her forever!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2006

The Inn on the Sound is not only located in Falmouth, Mass., a centrally located, quaint, adorable town in Cape Cod, but the Inn itself is so uniquely perfect for a Cape Cod retreat that we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! With ocean view rooms in a meticulously maintained, 9 bedroom inn, you will immediately feel right at home and ready to stay a lot longer!
Inn owers Jan and Howard are as warm and welcoming as they are knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to your visit. They will help guide you in the right direction with everything from what to eat for lunch or dinner, to where to go for a day trip. We stayed at the Inn for 5 days for our honeymoon and could not have had a better experience. Between the delicious, homemade continental breakfasts (that last all morning, so you can sleep in!), to their gracious host of a dog, K-Zu, it was a completely fun, relaxing, and memorable vacation - and so much of it is owed to Jan, Howard and the ambiance of the Inn! A definite "must stay".

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank beckmos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Beach Breeze Inn
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge

Been to Inn on the Sound? Share your experiences!