“wonderful resort on a beautiful beach”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Hamburg, New York
“wonderful resort on a beautiful beach”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sea Crest this past weekend. We truly felt we were in a resort atmosphere. The staff was friendly and very attentive. Our room was very clean and had a great patio to view the ocean. Once we parked our car we never left the resort until check-out. The breakfast buffet was very good as well as meals in Reds. You need two hands to hold the beer glasses!! We would recommend this wonderful place for either couples or families. There was a wedding there on Saturday so it was great to watch all the festivities on the beach. As with weddings the noise level was higher but around us no one seemed to mind and it should be a celebration. We can't wait to return to this lovely resort.

2 Thank Chloe027

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Let me preface by saying that I do NOT understand why people spend ridiculous money to stay on Cape Cod...highly highly overrated, IMO. I booked this hotel because my hubby's family used to stay in a friend of the family's beach house on Old Silver Beach. After a horrible stay in Harwichport (nice hotel, lousy beach and with the terrible weather, there was NOTHING to do within reasonable driving distance) last year, he asked me to keep an open mind about this beach despite my overall dislike of all things "cape", so I booked this as a surprise.

We had requested early check-in, which we fully understand can't always be granted. We kept checking with the front desk and they kept saying "maybe in an hour? We'll call you when it's ready." Check-in time is 4:00pm. At 4:50 we STILL had not received a call to tell us if our room was ready, so my husband called the front desk. The girl said "Umm...I THINK you're room is ok, but I have to look for the info..." It turns out it was ready, but we never got a call to let us know despite several attempts on our part to confirm. We could understand any of this if the hotel was busy, but it was most certainly NOT. Way to start us off on the wrong foot as far as our impressions of this hotel. Another thing about check-in that rubbed both of us the wrong way: they cattle tag you. I understand an all-inclusive that has multiple levels of inclusiveness doing this, but this was not necessary here as everything was chargeable and it was very irritating to come away with a stupid tan line from some ridiculous tagging mechanism. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Also, the beach is average to below average. I feel like people who like the Cape only like it because they haven't been anywhere better. This is about my 4th trip to Cape Cod and I dislike it more with each visit. The water was an ugly color (though clear) and the sand was all kinds of rocky and rough near the water - my feet hurt until I went to bed from standing at the edge of the water for 5 minutes. The best part about this beach was the chair/umbrella staff. Those kids are the most attentive staff at the place.

The pool bar/restaurant was poor. We ordered tuna wraps, and were shocked that they came pre-made in a plastic container that you'd find in a convenience store fridge...for $9 each! Service was basically non-existant aside from our sandwiches coming out fast (they were already made). Never got a water refill the whole time and it took forever to get the check. The drink list looked good, but no one came by to check on us so we never got to order one.

The lobby was very nice looking, but the hallways leading to our room stunk of mildew and looked like something out of The Shining, with flickering lights and room number placards that kept falling off the walls. We even had some mold on one of the walls in our room from water damage. gross. The bathroom in the room was nicely updated, though, and the toiletries were good. Maybe some of the parts of the hotel are still awaiting updates? I broke out in hives all over my legs after sitting on the bed for a little while, and I don't want to mention here what I am allergic to that might have caused this but I'll just say: it made me cringe to think of the possibility. I will say that we both slept like logs...the bed was very comfy despite the oddly small pillows.

Service at the breakfast buffet was very good, as was the ocean view from the room it was served in. The food was decent, but not cheap. The waffles looked phenomenal though we didn't have one.

Bottom line: If you love Cape Cod, you may find this place to be just fine. I don't, and I think after this recent visit, even my hubby no longer sees the appeal of Old Silver Beach. We much prefer Cape Ann's beaches. Cape Ann, for us, is a 45-minute drive so it's not a vacation destination (though we plan to someday buy a beach house there)...In the same 2 hours it takes us to get to Cape Cod (or more, with "Cape traffic"), we would much rather end up in Bermuda! I'd give Chatham another chance since it was raining when we were there, but I'd say that I am otherwise all set with this peninsula. In the end, I can't be too upset since I got a cheap room...you get what you pay for.

2 Thank stingrae1625
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

My family & I have been going to sea crest every summer for the past 10 years. We always love the beach & the pool. They recently had a makeover which is beautiful. I can't say the food has had any improvement though. Unless I get the lobster I always seem to be disappointed with the food there (dining rm) lol. The one suggestion I think in my head every year is I wish they would try to cater to the younger crowd a bit more. Play some popular music outside at night let the piano bar keep the old people :)

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wowjanine
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at the Sea Crest a few years ago.... what an improvement with the new renovation! The beach is the best on Cape Cod, beautiful sand and large enough so that people are not right on top of you. Only an hour from downtown Boston and you really feel like you are getting away from it all!!

The guest rooms are nicely appointed with beautiful color schemes and comfortable furniture. The pool areas and fitness center are new and are clean and well maintained. The hallmark of this property is definitely the staff, the friendly and attentive employees are the reason I will return!

1 Thank boscate
Albany, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is simply one of the best places I have ever stayed. The hotel, grounds, restaurants, beach area, etc. are stunning. The staff is the friendliest, most helpful group of people I have ever encountered while traveling. I cannot wait to return for a longer stay! I give this hotel 5+ stars!

Room Tip: Rooms in building 7 are centrally located to all facilities.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
MA
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Booked 1-night with Snique Away for an oceanfront king room and we got that room but unfortunately it did not look like the brightly colored decorated rooms we saw on their website, we were in room 421, although the room was very tastefully decorated, I was a bit disappointed. The resort was crowded and got worse once wedding guests arrived for a wedding taking place at the resort, so did the bar, as these guests started to arrive, it took longer and longer to get a drink at the bar (at one point we waited more than 15 minutes)! We chose to get our own drinks together because they have a very strange drink policy that if one person goes up to the bar from the beach and orders 2 drinks, they have to be followed by someone from the resort back to the beach to show them who that other drink is going to, this gets to be a real pain if you just want to sit and relax.
Overall the resort was very nice, but wish the outdoor hot tub was working. Dinner and cocktails at Reds were good, breakfast buffet very good but no cocktails are served until either 11:00 or 11:30. We had a good time and would only return if we got the same price again for that room. Any questions you have you can PM me.

Boston
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Was here last weekend for 3 nights for "Girls Weekend" and reaching a milestone birthday! Ocean view room was great and the manager, Clarke treated us very well. Beautiful cheese/fruit and wine sent to our room along with complimentary brunch! The beach and restaurants were great and the service was excellent! A fun place to be. Thank you Sea Crest!

Room Tip: Building 5-ocean view is perfect!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan1015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#8 of 20 in Falmouth
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!