Beautiful location with a great beach. The service at the beach (helping with chairs/umbrellas) was great...but it stops there....
First let me say we were there for a wedding reception and everything about the reception -- food and service -- were great! No complaints whatsoever.
However, our room was old and run down. The AC was abnoxiously loud and leaking quite a bit. There was a huge puddle under the AC unit in the carpet. The bathtub was a bit clogged so by the time we were finished with our showers we were standing in water up to our ankles. The bed smelled like stale mold/mildew...which is understandable, since it's a beach hotel...but it was still unpleasant. Also, there was coffee in our room, but no coffee maker. we had to call and get a coffee maker delivered. Also, housekeeping was at our door pounding at 9am on a Sunday morning. We were up because we had an event to go to, but for a normal vacation, 9am is a bit early to be knocking on my door...
As for the service...we were not impressed. Folks working at the front desk and walking around were pleasant enough. But service -- bar and waiter service specifically -- were so bad. We went to the beach Sunday around noon-time and were hoping to be able to order lunch and drinks from the waiter on the beach. After watching the waiter go back and forth to the folks NEXT to us 7 or 8 times, without ever looking over and asking us if we wanted anything (or anyone else around us either), we decided to go to the pool and order there. We waited at the pool for about 45 minutes. I saw the waiter come out to the pool four times, going over to the same location each time and walking right out afterwards -- again, never asking anyone else around the pool if they wanted anything. I finally went to the Red's window to order food and wait and pick it up, which was fine. I then went to the bar to get my husband and myself a drink. I waited 20 minutes to get my drink order in. There were four bartenders and it was NOT crowded... To make it worse, while I stood there patiently waiting, a couple walked up behind me and called out to a bartender they knew. She came over, greeted them and asked what they wanted. She poured both their drinks (they were immediately over my shoulder while I stood there) and then went back to the other drinks she had been working on. I thought she'd come over to me after that, but she didn't. It literally took 20 minutes to be served two beers. When I finally did get asked what I wanted, she almost wouldn't give me 2 drinks because they have a "one drink limit." I had to show her exactly who my husband was and where he was. The next time, my husband went to the bar and had the same experience -- waited 10/15 minutes and then they almost didn't give him 2 drinks.
Later in the evening we went to the bar inside for an after-dinner drink. Again, it was NOT crowded and there were 3 bartenders. We stood at the bar for 15 minutes before walking out. We talked to another group of people that were just as frustrated, saying they had waited 20 minutes. We finally gave up and decided it wasn't worth it.
For being a service-oriented place, The Sea Crest was NOT up to par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod