“So much to like about this place!”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
New York
“So much to like about this place!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Most importantly, this is a great place to watch the sunset. We went the week after labor day so it wasn't crowded, but it was still lively and very few kids. The sand is soft, the water is clear, the attendants at the beach setting up umbrellas and chairs were awesome, the bartender at the outside bar was super friendly, the outside seating area was really nice, the complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We stayed in bldg. 3 in one of the rooms on the side of the building so we had a decent ocean view. A couple of things worth mentioning: the balconies on the side of the bldgs. have almost no barrier between them, so if you're not crazy about your neighbors... well, what can I say. The more expensive ocean front rooms have a wall between balconies. We didn't make advance reservations b/c they didn't seem too booked, but I researched prices and specials on the hotel website before we got there so I knew we were eligible for a specific deal but the girl at the front desk didn't know about it til I told her and she seemed surprised when she found it on her computer. She wasn't very forthcoming with information compared to other employees I overheard speaking with customers. The deal we were supposed to get included complimentary breakfast and taxes. I had to go back to the desk in the morning to see how the free breakfast worked and she said oh, I forgot to give you a card when you checked in. When we got our bill we were charged tax, but actually I was pretty happy with the place and didn't feel like nitpicking the extra charge. So, word of advice, know what you are supposed to be paying before you check in. The room had everything we needed, including a nice little kitchen type counter over the fridge. The balcony had cigarette butts and old coffee when we arrived, but the room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The resort was great and the staff was excellent, especially Tracy! The Asst. Resturant Manager.The food at reds was good, and the service was as well.The room was very clean and we couldnt have asked for more. We stayed at hotel on Sept 4th 5th and 6th. This was a good time of year to go as crouds are gone but hotel is still well staffed and stocked. We will be back.

Room Tip: rooms on north side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
massachusetts
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This beach is wonderful; soft sand, no rocks or seaweed! Umbrellas and beach chaises abound and the staff was extremely helpful in moving us under an umbrella to stay out of the sun. This newly renovated space was upscale both in the guest suites and the lobby areas. Sea Crest caters to families, so expect lots of young ones around! However, multi-ages are everywhere. The beach is a lovely place to walk at the end of day, especially around dusk, as well as early morning. It's right out your door! As the saying goes, you pay for what you get and Sea Crest is definitely on the pricey side!

Room Tip: Ocean front is wonderful, but so are ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam M
Armonk
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My two children - aged 6 and 4 stayed at this hotel for one night for fun and to get an earky jump on a ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Our room was a little bit of a shlep as it was not in the main part of the hotel. Our room was large and clean. My children loved the outdoor and indoor pools. The early part of the day was overcast so we enjoyed the heated indoor pool and later moved to the outdoor pool where the staff greeted us pleasantly and was very attentive. The hotel sits on the beach which was a huge perk for a mom with two young children. Not far to walk and the bathrooms so very close by. When we checked in, both the parking attendat and the front desk did inform us that we were able to use the facilities/amenities before checkin. The kids really loved the pools and the clean sand and all the available seats on the beach. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and had an excellent time. The children (ages 9 and 11) enjoyed the beach, pool and food. Cape Cod doesn't have many or any places that I could find that offer so much for such a good value. The rooms were nice, nothing over the top but still well done. The beach was probably the best part as it had fun waves and you could walk out very far. They had beach service for chairs and towels too which was great.

Room Tip: Most all rooms are the same size but price varies on view. We stayed in a room that was in the back...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night to celebrate our anniversary and were very, very pleased with the room we booked and received. Our room was not located in the main part of the hotel and by looking at the outside of the building that housed our room, one might think that the room would be subpar. However, looks can be deceiving, as our room was very large, modern and clean, with a sofa, chairs, beautiful fire place and pristine bathroom. The mattress and pillows very comfortable. Both the outdoor and indoor pools were beautiful, clean and the staff at these areas were very professional, pleasant and helpful. The hotel is right on the beach, which is very nice. They have an outdoor bar, I had a Pina Colada which was perfect and reasonable priced.
The only discouraging part of our stay was when we arrived our room was not ready even though we were there at check in time. The front desk did inform us that we were able to use the facilities/amenities while we waited for the room. I thanked the clerk but informed her that my husband wasn't feeling well and requested that she call me on my cell phone when the room was ready. The woman asked me to wait at the front desk for a few minutes while she called housekeeping. I did and she then informed us that the room was ready. No harm, no fowl :) This hotel is on the pricey side, however if you are able to afford even one night, I suggest giving it a try.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PFlynn006
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Overall, the hotel setting/amenities are ideal for a summer getaway! Great restaurant(s), indoor/outdoor pool, and beachfront access! I only have one complaint and that is the guest rooms. It seems as though they were not fully renovated. Basically, old construction with a few upgrades such as a new television, new headboards and throw pillows. Hallway and room carpets were old and the product they used to clean the room was so strong that I preferred to spend very little time in there. Behind night table was very dusty (only noticed this because I need to plug in my phone). If you're not picky about where you sleep, then you would love the hotel. I just prefer my place of sleep to be extra clean and I just wasn't feeling it.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!