“Great for families”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I made a reservation here for my birthday weekend after seeing a deal on Groupon. I had high expectations based on all the reviews and was not disappointed. The staff was incredible friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the on-site dining to the kitchen staff you pass in the hallway. I was there with my husband and our 21-month-old daughter and every staff member we saw looked happy to see us (not something you always get when traveling with a toddler). We were there in the off-season (March), so it wasn't crazy busy, but it didn't feel like a ghost town either. Good location, all around great experience. I'm already daydreaming about when I can go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mont4489
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for one night for a wedding in September.

The room was spacious and clean. We had a corner room on the second floor, and our view overlooked the roof of the 1st floor’s conference room area. It was very quiet even though there was plenty of foot traffic happening under our room.

The bathroom was new and clean. For toiletries, they provided Bath and Body Works.

The hotel staff was kind enough to let us check-in an hour early, so we had enough time to get ready before heading down to the ceremony on the beach at 4pm.

The pool area was packed full of people, and we didn’t see that many available loungers. The beach was a better bet if you wanted to lounge in the sun. But the pool area was better if you want to lounge and easily access the bar a few feet away.

Wedding Info:
The wedding was great, but the food was mediocre. They did a good job with the setup on the beach, cocktail area and reception area. They were good at insuring the guests were directed to the proper areas. The staff was very friendly and pleasant.

During cocktail hour, we had a few small peppers that had gone bad, so we had to spit them out on the napkins. During the reception, our entire table had chosen Filet Mignon. We didn’t get to choose how they would cook it, which is understood during a wedding. The problem was that we all got our steaks in different stages of cooking. It was a surprise until you cut into it. One was burnt, two were medium well, two were medium rare, and the rest were bloody meat chunks that were all still mooing. Aren’t there flags to signal how each steak is done, when you’re going to present them in such vastly different manners?

Overall, this place was a good getaway spot. If we come back, I’d try to get a room that has a small patio area that is right on the boardwalk of the beach: close to beach, pool, bar and restaurant. And the sunset is just so gorgeous from that vantage point.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Massholymoly
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It's dirty. Full dirty linen bags left in the hallway, sand in the hot tub, hair in the bathroom....And the $18 for their breakfast was a complete waste of money. Drive the 10 minutes into town to find a better place to eat. Will do more research for a better place to stay next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 000Angela777
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

I am so disappointed that we failed to impress you, and to read your recent review. I too would have been less than happy to have encountered such accommodations. Rest assured that what you experienced is definitely not our standard or the norm. I am surprised by your review of our breakfast buffet. Usually, our guests find that while it may be a bit more than they have paid elsewhere, the omelet station and waffle station make up for the difference.

I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you that we truly care about our guests and their experiences. Please feel free to call me at 508-564-2551 if I can ever assist you personally

Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My Third Year @ SEACREST Review....
What a wonderfull, unasuming, funky, gracious Jewel of a Resort .
A Great Getaway with a group of girlfriends ,like we just did.
FUN BARTENDER & RESTAURANT STAFF!
WARM, WELCOMING STAFF!

The BEST HISTORIC DOWNTOWN close by.
Lively & Lovely Shops & Restaurants.
Bring your GPS and explore the back roads.
I just find the whole area friendly and welcoming.
I own 2 Shops in Ct. & wish I could retire here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank building19

Thank you for your recent review of the Sea Crest..so glad you enjoyed your third year with us and look forward to many more!

I agree that we have a warm, welcoming and fun staff. I consider myself lucky to work with such professionals.

Come back soon!
Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here with a few friends for a weekend in Feb for a bit of a boys weekend away. The staff was very helpful and kind. We ate at the restaurant at the bar and had great service. One of the waitresses was very helpful, had a unique name, but was beautiful, tall and knew tons of places to go in town. We ended up going to a few places she recommended. Anyway, the food was delicious and the breakfast buffet was good too - a bit pricey but worth it for the waffles! We are looking forward to returning in the summer! Only regret was not spending more time at the restaurant with the attractive waitstaff!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had our wedding at the Sea Crest last August and I can't say enough about it! The venue is GORGEOUS and perfect for a feet-in-the-sand beach wedding! The staff was amazing & accommodating in every way -- everyone from our wonderful wedding coordinator, Caitlin, to our reservation contact, Lindsay, to the girl who set-up our beach chairs for us every morning, to the bartenders -- everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a great time (and we definitely did!). Many of our guests stayed for the weekend and truly enjoyed the resort. With the beach just steps away from the rooms and good food & drinks in the restaurants you don't have to leave the property. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool, too, which the kids loved. I only wish we could do it all over again! Oh and as for the rooms...we weren't in them very much, but they had great views, were very clean and the beds were comfortable, so no complaints there. Thanks again to everyone at the Sea Crest for making our wedding weekend a dream come true!

Room Tip: The oceanfront room is by far the best as it has a patio which opens directly onto the boardwalk. Yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy E
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I wrote a post on May 27th, 2013 about our amazing wedding experience titled "Beautiful Wedding, Excellent Service" and we just recently went to the Sea Crest again for dinner. Over the 10 months since our wedding, we have heard how wonderful the Sea Crest staff was to all of our wedding guests and some are even planning to visit them again this summer. Other recently engaged couples asked for my coordinator's information and I was happy to give it to them. Caitlin Concannon was the most efficient and helpful part of our entire wedding planning experience. In addition to her expertise, the wait staff, kitchen staff, and front desk staff provided 5 star service.

I say all of this again because our recent visit proved just as 5 star as our wedding. Several staff members recognized us and asked us how our married life has been. I also love that the service has continued and I still hear from Caitlin, who we have promised to say hello to when we stay there again this summer.

I highly recommend every aspect of the Sea Crest from the restaurant, to the beach, staff, wedding team, rooms, etc. Definitely a place to check out!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#1 of 20 in Falmouth
Harbor View Hotel
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!