“Nice Hotel a little pricey”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel a little pricey”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything was nice here, the grounds and rooms were clean and beautiful. The staff were very friendly from the front desk to the bar. The rooms, food and drinks are a little pricey, but great views and a decent location. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to main st. which has some great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: We had room 504, great view right above the indoor pool overlooking the outdoor pool into the ocean...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BoSoxFan510

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This resort reminds me of my childhood on the Jersey shore. Yes, there are some accommodations that look like strip motels from the 1960s as AnCeoltoir mentioned, but that, in my opinion, is part of the charm. I stayed in one of the "strip motel" room, and it had all the amenities I've found at hotels--flat screen TV, Keurig coffee machine, etc.

What makes a great hotel? The rooms? The views? The staff? I mentioned my room did not have an ocean view, but it did not take away from the experience of the stay. If you want a room with an ocean view, then you can request it and pay more for it. It's that simple. I've stayed at other resorts where I didn't have ocean view, and I was not disappointed by my stay.

The ocean view is spectacular and serene. It what you want when you want to get away from it all. It's not a loud, crazy spring break place--it's where you want to go with your special someone or your family to relax and enjoy time together.

The staff is friendly, professional, and passionate about the resort. I was greeted at the front desk by Kasia. I can tell you, she loves her job! She handled my reservation expeditiously, smiling the entire time. It's wonderful to be greet with such warmth and honesty instead of the "practiced" greetings one receives at larger chain hotels. My bellhop, Claudio, was just as friendly and courteous. He not only walked me to my room, he also showed me the amenities of the room and stated if he could do anything to make my stay more comfortable to please reach out to him. Wonderful, world-class service!

I ate at Reds, the hotel's main restaurant. WOW! What a menu! Organic green salads! Great seafood. And, yes, good burgers, pizzas, and sweet potato fries. Great indoor and outdoor bars as well.

I stayed only two nights as this was tied to a business trip; however, I intend to take my wife there again on a quiet getaway. I know to expect great service and food while I'm there.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview room--you won't be disappointed, and it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank modworldtraveler
metro Boston
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Not all rooms are created equal at the Sea Crest. There are a number of buildings on the property and some look like strip Motels from the 1960s. And while I am sure there are rooms with lovely ocean views, many only over look the massive parking lot.

We stayed in the main building where the lobby and restaurants are located. Our room was on the second floor with no elevator, although in the new parts of the building there is an elevator servicing upper floors.

The rooms are nicely renovated, and are the beds are comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling clean, and at first glance so was the bedroom, but we found a used band-aid under one of the bedside lamps and used tissues could be seen from the bed just under the love seat. I think perhaps the housekeeping staff could use a few more people, or perhaps they only fully staff during high season, as it took 3 phone calls and 2 1/2 hours to get an iron and ironing board delivered to the room.

The staff were all very pleasant (the young man who finally delivered the iron was very apologetic), and the food in the one restaurant that was open ("Red's") was good. We were off season, so not all the food venues were operating.

All that being said, the Sea Crest is right on the beach, and an easy drive or cycle to the Shining Sea bike trail so the location is good for a visit to Cape Cod's attractions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnCeoltoir
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went to Sea Crest Beach Hotel mid-March. It was not very busy. The outdoor pool was still inoperable. The indoor pool was nice and quiet. We had it to ourselves most of the time. They also have a baby pool, which was nice since it was the first time we were taking our baby to the pool. The only problem was that there is no indoor connection from the main lobby to the pool area which was quite difficult in wintertime.

The staff were helpful, nice and courteous. We stayed in the main building which was old, but clean and comfortable. The lobby was very colorful and friendly.

Lunch & Dinner - One thing that I did not understand from their website was that the on site restaurant is not operable in wintertime. They open for weekends only. But the front desk was helpful with providing menus of nearby restaurants which delivered food.

Breakfast - The other thing that was not clear on the website was that they provide continental breakfast on weekdays because the restaurant is inoperable. But again they did not make it clear that there is no complimentary continental breakfast on Saturday. The front desk attendant was very nice to give us vouchers for the full brunch buffet when we asked him what happened to the complimentary breakfast.

In general they made us feel as comfortable as possible. I just wish their website was clear on the restaurant hours and breakfast availability. Food was the last thing I wanted to have to think about when traveling with a demanding nine month old.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our welcome in the lobby was warm and friendly. Our room however, across the lot in "quarantine" building was nothing short of a motel. The bed was "pillow top" but small and uncomfortable. The view out the window was of weeds, sad looking bushes and some wood, we kept the curtain closed. Glad we only spent one night. The beach was nice which is what we paid the outrageous price for but dogs must stay on leash much to our labs dismay. Skipped breakfast and couldn't wait to leave!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luna Serena J
Clark_Guinn, Regional Director of Operations at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
When our recent renovations were made to the property, the town would not permit us to change the footprint of the hotel; therefore, some buildings remain unattached to the main building where our front desk and lobby is located.

The Town of Falmouth imposes a leash law, as a dog friendly hotel, we must abide by the rules. Some guests are not particularly fond of dogs or may have a genuine fear of dogs. To appease both guest types we allow you to stay with your pet with reasonable restrictions to designated areas on the property. For those guests without pets, they are free to roam the hotel and grounds feeling unthreatened or unbothered. The dog friendly guest rooms are available only in the building you stayed in as sometimes dog smells and allergens are left behind and apparent to some.

I must say I was pleased that you found my staff to be warm and friendly and glad you enjoyed our beach. Despite our best efforts, to provide service with a smile and a hospitable atmosphere, we recognize that we cannot always please everyone. Best wishes!
boston
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the Sea Crest the night before a business meeting on the Cape. The Sea Crest was perfect for an off season break. We had wondered what the property would be like off season and it was amazing.
The room had been recently upgraded and believe me, the Ocean Front Room is the way to go if you are able to reserve it. We had a corner room with a balcony that made it feel like we were in the ocean. It was warm enough to have the room open and hear the waves as we fell asleep.
We also loved the second floor room but this may not be an option for those that can't easily manage stairs.
Food in the restaurant was also quite good and the staff were all wonderful when it came to customer service.
Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lina
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful grounds and several pools for the kids' enjoyment. Most of all I appreciated the speedy service while sitting on the beach. An employee quickly approached us as we entered the beach to help us set up the lounges and umbrellas.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,048 reviews

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!