“Great view, horrible housekeeping...”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Norwich, Connecticut
“Great view, horrible housekeeping...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth, Mass. I have to say the location is absolutely beautiful, the restaurant on the first floor, Red's, had delicious food at a reasonable price. We stayed for an entire week and found that it was best to eat at Red's than to go out to other local restaurants, it was just that delicious. However, my reasoning for giving this hotel an average rating is because housekeeping was absolutely terrible. We came to the hotel and our bed sheets had hair and lipstick stains on them, when we asked to have this changed, they did not come until the next day..only to use the same bed sheets. It was absolutely disgusting, we could not sleep. Additionally, they did not provide us with enough towels or toiletries. The hotel went through renovations and have a beautiful first floor and the front desk workers are pleasant, but when you go out the stairs, the carpets are dirty with huge stains on them, when you walk into the room it had an awful odor. Would not recommend this place to anyone and would not stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank B P
Clark_Guinn, Regional Director of Operations at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. I am so very disappointed to hear that we completely missed the mark with regard to your housekeeping service, though I do much appreciate your kind words regarding Red’s and the front desk staff. While I am proud of food and beverage and the front desk, I sincerely apologize about the lack of cleanliness, and our lack of response to your requests for service. I know you stated that you wouldn’t visit us again. I hope that you will not let this one experience, albeit it most unpleasant, deter you from giving us another chance to demonstrate that we do care for our guests and their experiences. Please call me at 508-564-2551 so I can personally assist with your next reservation.

Kind Regards,
Regional Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family and I have stayed at Sea Crest Beach Hotel several times since 2010, and found each experience to be memorable. The natural beauty of the setting and and closeness to the ocean are unique; water views are lovely, ever-changing, calming. Fun swimming.
Also the service is unparalleled. The front desk staff is cordial, friendly, and eager to be helpful. The beach staff, servers in the restaurants, and housekeeping staff are all friendly and concerned that guests have a happy experience. Restaurant meals are delicious and we never miss the extravagant weekend brunch in the lovely room with non-stop ocean views. We will be visiting the SeaCrest several more times this summer!

Room Tip: Love the rooms directly facing the ocean...whether 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I attended a recent 3 day meeting for my professional association at the Sea Crest. As I drove up I was immediately struck by the beautiful view, the beach and the appearance of a mini resort. Service was friendly and helpful, rooms were large and clean. I had a great view of the water. For the meetings service for refreshment was good and the food excellent. Exploring the property, there is an outdoor bar area by the well maintained pool, there us also an indoor pool as well, overlooking the beautiful beach. Dining in the evening overlooking the sunset did not disappoint with great food selections and great service. I will definitely return for a vacation at this spot. Recommend for a friends getaway and for families.

Room Tip: Try to get a beach or pool facing room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank yanks3109
What a nice review! Thank you. I’m so glad that your experience of the Sea Crest Beach Hotel as a meeting location so pleasant. We are the perfect location for combining business with pleasure. I take great personal pride in all my coworkers who help our guests, both meeting and individual, experience the best that Cape Cod, and the Sea Crest, has to offer.
Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family! Come back soon.

Scout Hotels
Darien, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My first encounter with the Sea Crest should have been the clue. The reservationist was not familiar with the hotel layout, so I couldn't reserve the room I wanted, I had to reserve on line, so much for the personal touch.
The front desk was efficient and pleasant. The first room they assigned me was a little more than an oversized broom closet ( compared to other places I've stayed ) it was dark with a small window. Turning on the lights revealed a series of spots on the floor reminiscent of blood spatter, that was all I needed to see, back to the front desk I went. I explained my displeasure to the front desk about the room, suit and tie tried to discount by description by telling me it was nail polish and he thought it had been taken care of. Yada, yada. However during the discussion they did multitask and found me a new room that was more in keeping with what one might expect from this long established hotel.
My first stop after a cursory exploration of the well kept hotel and beautiful landscaping was the small but adequate bar. It was obvious the young folks were forgivably new. The person that appeared to be in charge was in the wrong business, people go to bars to enjoy themselves, attitudes should be left at home. I didn't stay after the one drink.
The food I had was upscale and excellent, as was the service
Overall I would say this hotel was enjoyable and I suspect they will have a very successful season given the wonderful
views of the ocean and the sincere effort to please that the majority of employees put forward.

3 Thank 2014trave
Hello and thank you for taking time out of your day to review Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.com. Thank you for understanding that as we embark on high season, we are in the midst of training new staff. We are presently training in all areas. It’s something that I take very seriously, as do my managers. I’m so glad that the front desk was eventually able to remedy your room situation. I have addressed your reservations concerns with our reservations management, and will follow up immediately regarding your experience at the bar, which I find the most surprising since our bartenders and food and beverage management usually get high marks. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please email me at clarkguinn@seacrestbeachhotel.com with the best number and time to reach you.

Kindest Regards,

Scout Hotels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for mother's day weekend. We splurged and got the ocean view room with balcony. Let me tell you it was worth every penny! The rooms are beautiful, sparkling clean. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledable. The only complaint I have is that the beds could use some updating. They were squeaky and kind of lumpy. We will be back again nonetheless!!

Lynn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is like an upgraded holiday inn. for some reason, i expected more and better accommodations. the hotel and rooms definitely need some updating along with better public areas. the staff is very nice and try to be helpful. but also heard of some horror stories of rooms not being made up.The beach is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pocasset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times over the years. Recently upgraded the rooms, the restaurant, the pool area and the grounds. Absolutely beautiful. Feels like a Caribbean resort. Only flaw now is the price. I feel it's a bit over priced but really beautiful.

3 Thank Lisa C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,036 reviews

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!