“If you like mold and urine this place is for you”

Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is extremely overrated. Our room has stains on the carpet, the curtains had mold on them and the cushions of the coach were so stained and disgusting we had them removed. Upon arrival, I noticed that as we approached our block of rooms in the 800's it smelled like urine. The urine smell has persisted through out the visit. The women's bathroom next to the indoor pool also smells like urine. 2 out of the 4 days they put sheets on the bed that were ripped. They do not make up the room until 4:30 each day which is annoying as well.

6  Thank kellene o
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I read your review and was so very disheartened that your recent experience left you not only unimpressed but disgusted. Clearly we missed the mark on cleanliness during your visit, and I have met with my Director of Housekeeping and staff to address the items you pointed out.

I do hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to cleanliness and superior guest service. Please do be in touch with me directly at clarkguinn@seacrestbeachhotel.com so that I can personally ensure your next visit is one that you will remember fondly.

Kind Regards,

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations
Scout Hotels

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I come back every few years and love it. This year we had a family reunion here - people from all over the country. My husband and I had a lovely ocean-view room with a balcony. My husband's brother had an older room with no view, so he was not as pleased. But such a fun hotel - beach, pools, restaurants, band, wedding (to which we had a front row seat from our balcony). Bring your bikes - lovely areas to explore. My only advice - Lose the tacky wrist bracelets. Yes, I understand people sneak on your property to use the facilities, but for God's sake, stop! Please. Mine went right into the trash.

Room Tip: Oceanview w/ balcony over the large patio
2  Thank Krisdavsch

Thank you for your lovely review. So glad that you come back every few years…we’d like you to come every year. Sorry to hear your brother in law didn’t like his room…but hopefully he enjoyed being able to be at the beach in under a three minute walk! I agree that the wristbands are a pain, but it does help us with ensuring that our beach chairs, umbrellas, and other amenities are reserved for our paying guests, like you. We’ll put our thinking caps on about an alternate system, so maybe when you come back next (next year?) we’ll surprise you.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Clark Guinn
Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Travelling up from NYC on our way out to Provincetown, we wanted to stop for a night in Falmouth to stretch our legs and get a taste of this part of Cape Cod.

I chose Sea Crest based on reviews and the website photos and found the property to be everything it claimed it'd be (not too much more though). Our room overlooked the ocean and pool, was spacious enough and had everything it should have. The only downside was the smell of chlorine from the indoor pool which was on the ground floor of our section.

Close enough to Falmouth township to be an enjoyable scenic drive; the area is really quite beautiful and I'm glad we stopped through for the night.

I can see how it'd be an ideal place for families in the warmer months - we came in early June so still a little chilly to enjoy the ocean or the outdoor pool.

7/10 - would recommend. Little pricey for what it is though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marika_G
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is our third visit to the Sea Crest as part of a conference, our first two being delightful with great rooms and a nice beach. However, this time was quite different. When we arrived, we were put in a ground floor room across from a mechanical room on a busy and noisy corridor right off the lobby. It was an ADA room with a wider bathroom, leaving very little room space - not even a desk could fit. The room was very dark and overlooking the parking lot. Quite miserable and came out to about $275 a night after tax (conference rate). Honestly, Motel 6 rooms had this one beat by a mile. After two nights of this and repeated visits to the front desk, we were finally moved to a significantly better room with a view for our last night.

Upon checking out, I spoke to manager (Mike) and expressed my concerns. I asked that in the future, they let people know when they book these rooms (there are only a few of them) about the smaller than usual size and lighting before they shell out a lot of money. I felt his response was pretty dismissive, saying that they've never gotten this complaint (hard to believe) and that next time we should ask for a room on a higher level.

We love this place, but this experience left us a little leery. Overall, my advice is that before you book and spend a lot, make sure they guarantee you a decent room that isn't numbered between 700 and 705.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor rooms near the lobby - ask for this when you book!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank NbptUH
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights this past week and loved the beach access. Rooms were ok, nothing special. Restaurant very expensive for what you got. Property kept up and was clean. Good family resort. Brought my 5 yo grand-daughter who loved everything about the place. Had an indoor and outdoor pool that were very clean. Staff were all friendly and willing to help. overall, enjoyed our stay very much.

2  Thank irenecusimano
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent 4 nights there (thankfully at significantly reduced rate). The beach access was fantastic, although crazy crowded on the weekend, and having free beach chairs if you got there early was nice. The rooms were very average, and I agree that the cooling system left quite a bit to be desired. Some complained about the comfort of the bedding, I would say in particular, the pillows were awful. Place is still in need of updates (interior painting etc..) if they want to be considered a premium hotel.

It was nice that a restaurant and bar on premise, but not being able to walk anywhere was a drawback for me - you are very isolated from anything. It was about a 15 minute drive into Falmouth where you can actually park and walk around and see things and enjoy the town.

1  Thank Livetotravel
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good sandy beach, 10 mins from Falmouth as best town / restaurants and surrounds on Cape Cod.
Hotel bit of UK Butlins resorts style...huge quantity of rooms, very busy including non residents visiting for beach. Residents putting towels out in morning on all chairs around beach and pool, people hogging hot tubs, restaurant caters to masses.
Falmouth great place to get boat Island Queen to Martha's Vineyard, then rent bikes (1st seller on left as arrive), after greatest coffee in town Oak Bluffs, cycle to Edgarstown, stop along way on great beaches for swim, have fantastic lobster roll on restaurant veranda.
On mainland, drove slow roads to Chatham, saw seals next to fishing pier, great Sundae School ice cream on way back.
Best place to visit on Cape Cod is the Knob...small harbour close to Falmouth, free parking, and great small beaches either sea side or harbour side and small 10 min country walk with views.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bananalaser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Blue Water on the Ocean
#1 of 3 in Vineyard Haven
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!