“LOVE the falmouth Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Such a nice hotel with the nicest staff!!! Very accommodating, comfortable beds, and great food!! we love our lil vacations at the holiday inn!! We love the pool and the restaurant. The staff is always so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear jmjohnson7, Thank you so much for the kind review of the hotel! We appreciate your positive input, as our employees work very hard at making our guests feel comfortable. Check out the hotel after our upgrades are complete! Cheers!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

It was a great weekend and a great value. The only downside was that the pool closes twice per day for 1.5 hrs just before lunch and just before dinner.

Also, the room keys did not work well. They did not work on check out day.

Room Tip: Suites are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Marco G, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your input as it helps us find ways in which to improve the hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, though sad that you had trouble with the room keys. The magnetic strip on all room keys are sensitive and sometimes deactivate if placed near a credit card, cell phone or magnet. We hope that this won't keep you from staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in we were given fairly ok directions saying our room was "down the hall" on the first floor. Would have been a bit more helpful if she said it was through a few doors and the first floor wasn't all one straight level but we made it. Then room was very nice at first. Heater was extremely loud so we didn't sleep much that night. We were located. Near a swinging door that was opening all night so that also kept us up and woke us up. The shower didn't drain so we basically took a bath at the same time. Hotel restaurant was excellent chowder was great and the bartender Ron was an excellent server and bartender.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kmacattack14

Dear Kmacattack14, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not sleep well. We apologize for the inconveniences. On a positive note, we are in the process of updating our hotel and hope that the issues that occurred will not happen again. Please check out our improvements this summer!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is by far our favorite place to stay!!!..Always clean always reasonable and staff is ALWAYS the best!!!..If you are staying in Falmouth at all this is the place to stay! Is the ONLY place my husband and I will stay at in Falmouth...

• Stayed: December 2013
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear mvchic, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel. Did you know that we are remodeling right now? Come back and see our improvements! Our employees work very hard to ensure our guests' happiness and will share your review with the entire staff. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband had eye surgery and we needed to stay over night unexpectedly. We end up at your hotel, Thank Goodness! Sofia got us a large room with a wonderful Jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean and comfortable. My husband had a doctors appointment the next afternoon and she helped us with a late checkout so he wasn't uncomfortable and didn't feel rushed. While she took care of us, she also answered 4 phone calls. Sofia was polite and multitasked very well. She was kind and accommodating during a very stressful situation. She's the type of employee I would want working for me. This week my husband has surgery on his other eye. Again we will be staying at your hotel. I hope we see Sofia!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sam B, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Sofia took good care of you! She is an excellent employee and are happy to know that she made your stay more comfortable. Please come back and visit again, soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I checked in late on a Friday night. The cavernous front lobby is beautiful and clean and the hotel is situated on a quiet street in a residential neighborhood. I felt safe and the place seemed quiet. The woman at the front desk helped me weed through my Priority Rewards numbers (there were 3 different ones) and then checked me in, upgrading me to a quiet top floor room that ended up being a junior suite with a king sized bed. The room was clean and quiet, but I should mention that there was a bag of someone's old dirty laundry hanging in the closet, and a couple of the lights didn't work. I'll still give 4 stars for cleanliness and good service, but if you stay here, make sure to check the closet when you get into your room. I'll go back, though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BostonGal13, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel comfortable, clean and quiet. We also apologize for the closet! We have shared this review with our entire housekeeping staff and can assure you, this will not happen again. Please come back and visit!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Outstanding staff transforms average hotel into superior stay … go Sophia!
This hotel is like many others built decades ago. It is an older hotel that has been refreshed. It is clean and bright, the TV is flat and large, wireless is everywhere, the bedding and towels are new and of good quality – and I don’t remember, but the shower curtain rod is probably one of those new curved ones. The bones of the hotel, however, haven’t changed. And why would they? You wouldn’t expect a house built in the 1980’s to have the look or feel of one built today. You can redecorate and renovate, but in the end, it will always look like it was built in the 1980’s. That said, on a relative basis I’m sure that the overall quality of the Falmouth Holiday Inn is the same as it was when it was opened decades ago – it’s just not new. (I don’t think there is a new hotel anywhere in the Falmouth area.) It’s not the Ritz Carlton, but it was never intended to be. It is a Holiday Inn, and a good one. (I have no idea when the hotel was built; just using the 1980’s to make the point.)
That said, the staff is anything but average. The service you receive here goes way beyond that of the typical Holiday Inn. Ask and you will receive … no kidding! And you don’t even have to ask. When I checked in this past week, solo, Sophia at the front desk went out of her way to place me in a quiet room – and gave me an upgrade! Sophia also took the time to discover that I am an IHG Rewards Club member with a balance of more than 25,000 points – I had no idea. If I didn’t know better, I would believe that Sophia had some ownership in the hotel – she is an Inn Keeper from days past, welcoming harried travelers to her hotel, and going to extremes to ensure a restful and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank carencn
SJS2013, Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear carencn, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our "outstanding staff"! Our employees work very hard to ensure the happiness of all of our guests. We have just begun upgrades to the hotel and hope that you will be pleased with the results. Please come back next summer and check out our new look!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Falmouth Inn
Falmouth Inn
#12 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth? Share your experiences!