“Outstanding!!!!!”
Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We found ourselves in Cape Cod and in Falmouth we needed somewhere for the night. The first place we found was the Inn on the Square. No problem getting a room for the night. Feather topped bed and feather pillows, large room, big screen TV, Internet access and everything you could want. After a busy day this was a place in which we could relax with no drama. In the morning a quick swim in the indoor pool. If you are in Cape Cod be sure to stay here.I can thoroughly recommend this hotel as it provided the best night of our vacation.

Room Tip: Any room is excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is walking distance to the town of Falmouth - a perfect location. Rooms were clean, front desk polite and helpful. The had a couple of computers by the front area for use where you could print boarding passes etc and no charge for them. We really enjoyed our three nights here and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed just one night to attend an evening wedding near Falmouth. We chose the Inn for it's location and availability of Jacuzzi. We had planned to walk around the area and window shop, but it was an extremely windy so we went to the Inn an hour early and the room was ready so we checked in. The room is was extra spacious with King bed and Jacuzzi in the bedroom itself. Everything was spotless including the linens and the bathroom. There was also a generous sized mini-frig and microwave that would come in handy for a multi-night stay. The next morning I had a fantastic breakfast at Percy's located in the same building. I highly recommend the breakfast where everything including the bread used for toast is homemade. I would have given the Inn 5 stars, if not for the street noise. Our room faced Route 28 and truck traffic was annoying, but bearable.

Room Tip: Would ask for room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at the Inn on the Square last month with my husband and two kids (4 & 6) and anticipated writing a rave review on Trip Advisor! The hotel itself is near perfect. Our King suite was great for the four of us, with a separate enclosed bedroom for me and my husband, and a pull-out sofa for the kids. The large bathroom was great, and everything was spotless and cozy. The common areas of the hotel looked very nice, and my whole family enjoyed a dip in the heated indoor pool. And then we turned in for the night...

Several people have complained about the paper-thin walls at this hotel, with good reason. At 3:20 a.m. we were woken by a conversation in the room below us. Not an argument, or loud music, just an average conversation (...Why at 3:20 a.m.? Who knows.) It woke me and my husband out of a sound sleep, and after a few minutes we called the front desk to complain. The clerk on duty was not very helpful, saying he needed an exact room number to ask them to quiet down (understandable). My husband had to go outside in his underwear to investigate, and determine where the noise was coming from while I was on hold with the front desk. The clerk said the best he could do was put his ear to the their door to see if he heard the noise, but by then it was too late. All of the commotion soon woke up my kids, and those of you with little ones knows what it looks like to have a 4 and 6 y.o. awake at 3:30 a.m. with no hope of going back to sleep! Short of letting them watch 3 hrs. of TV until we could start our day, we were out of options. So at 4 a.m., we packed up at headed for home - thus ruining our plans for the day of going to Percy's for brunch, then renting bikes across the street at Corner Cycle. Needless to say, kids were in tears. :(

But here's why I'm giving the hotel 3 stars. It really is a great place, clean, comfy, charming - fabulous location. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, only YOU MUST BRING A FAN OR WHITE NOISE MACHINE!!! The hotel should provide this, of course, in every room. The bathroom fan won't do as it only operates when the light is on, thus flooding both rooms (LR & BR) with light. If you close the bathroom doors, it drowns out the sound of the fan.

In conclusion, I'd enthusiastically recommend Inn on the Square, just BYO white noise, or make sure they can provide you with a fan or two.

Room Tip: Regardless of what room you choose, you must ask for a fan or white noise machine. Bring one if the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MedfieldMama
Reviewed 1 November 2013

So if you want closeness to the town, bike shop and bike trail, this is an excellent location. The attached restaurant has a fantastic breakfast - they make a great corn bread.

The rooms - a bit old and worn. Not 4 star. Staff is not local - foreign help from overseas it seems, and less than knowledgeable.

Overall, ok. We stayed for a wedding, and the location worked out. But we found a little motel right on the Sound next to a pub nearby that we would have enjoyed more.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We only stayed for one night at the Inn on the square. We didn't sleep in the main building, but got a room in the 'cottage building'. Don't know why they call it 'cottage' but who cares. The rooms were probably more quiet, since it wasn't at the crossroads at the 'square'.
The room was not very big, but there was room enough for a fridge (with freezer), coffeemaker and microwave. Bathroom was a little worn down, wallpaper came off, but the rest of the room was fine.
The walls were a little thin: I could clearly hear our neighbours having 'fun'........
Big plus for us was the indoor heated pool.
Falmouth center was at walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the roadside of the main building
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mona R
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was treated well by all of the staff that I had interactions with. The indoor pool was pleasant. The hotels location is very good for walking around the Falmouth Village Center. I felt the rooms are offered at a fair price for what I received.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Sandwich

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!