“All the business amenities in an adorable Inn!”
Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All the business amenities in an adorable Inn!”
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I don't usually tag along when my husband goes to meetings, but I thought this hotel looked cute and we could enjoy a mini working-vacation. The service was fine and everyone was pleasant. Our bed was both big and comfy with nice, high thread count sheets. There also was a fridge and microwave which is really nice since I am not a fan of eating out alone or for every meal. I also enjoy late night snacks and not having to order or go anywhere in the cold was very convenient. The indoor pool was much better than I expected. Taking an afternoon swim with all that natural light pouring in through the windows was really, really nice. Although my favorite amenity was in the free wireless internet that I could use anywhere in the hotel. Just because my husband is the one on business does not mean that I don't have a laptop and email that I need to respond to. I was able to find a comfy chair and log-on for a couple hours before heading back to the pool!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Ushibito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
USA
Reviewed 7 January 2010

When we travel from home it is important for us to stay at a comfortable location that is like being at home- complete with refrigerator and microwave for those stays where you get the traveler's cold and that is what happened to us. My husband joined me on a business trip, while I was in meetings- he loved walking through town and resting comfortably at the hotel. My husband came down with a terrible cold- and the staff just really helped make being away from home more bearable! It was divine. The staff was hospitable and kind.The room was always cleaned with that extra tender loving care. This is definitely a hotel I would love to stay at again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BruinBride25
California
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I am a business traveler who needed to stay for one night in Falmouth, MA. My assistant booked me at this hotel based on the excellent rate. Let me just say that the reviews on tripadvisor did not make me feel confident that she had made the right choice. Well, as it turns out, she could not have picked a better hotel. Not only was it perfectly located with onsite parking, but my business associates had set up dinner directly across the street at a restaurant called the Glass Onion (the parmesan risotto appetizer was so good that I’d come back just for that). I had a king sized bed with high quality sheets which was more comfortable than any of the chain hotels that I have stayed in. Sure, the staff is not particularly talkative, but who wants small talk in this day and age? I found them to be very friendly and helpful when I asked a question. Additionally, free wireless is very helpful for business travelers and increasingly rare these days. I would undoubtedly return to this hotel.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank riturani
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Our family meets in Cape Cod every year for a family reunion as most are located in Massachusetts and the surrounds. I selected this hotel for this year based on having driven around the island last year and come across this hotel. Let me tell you, it was the perfect choice for our family. The kids loved the pool. The rooms were large and comfortable with mini fridges for stashing snacks. The staff was very helpful about getting us two cribs for our newest family additions of two granddaughters. When we arrived I was concerned that the steps to the second floor would be a problem, but we requested rooms on the first floor and were able to get them. An adult dinner at the Glass Onion (isn't it great when the oldest children can babysit for the youngest?) across the street was a major success, with delicious food just steps from the hotel. My daughter in law was even able to run across the street to feed the baby and then return to our meal. Great location, great rooms, great service.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Desertcowboy
New York, NY
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I had a wonderful weekend recently at the Inn on the Square. Compared to similar other hotels I have stayed in throughout New England, this one stands out. My room was comfortable, and I got a great night's sleep. I also really appreciate having a fridge in the room. I also used the indoor pool, which was spacious and really took advantage of the light and surrounding scenery. The service was excellent, too. In all, the Inn on the Square exceeded my expectations and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrewbradt
Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 December 2009

We stayed 2 nights. The room was small, and absolutely freezing when we arrived, but it was clean and once we pushed the heat up, comfortable. Water pressure was low, and it took a long time for the hot water to arrive, but there was plenty of it. The only problem we encountered was that Housekeeping did not come at all. When we returned to our room late at night, we were quite surprised. I went to the front desk and told them that Housekeeping had not been to our room and the response was, "What do you need?" I would have appreciated at least an apology, but none was offered. So I said we needed fresh towels, and walked away. It wasn't a big deal, and they did bring us the towels, but I thought it could have been handled better. The staff seemed very young, so perhaps they are still in training? I would recommend this hotel, but with the advice that you need to be willing to overlook some things. We did not eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jibster
Concord, MA
Reviewed 15 December 2009

My husband and I decided to take a weekend in Cape Cod before our children and grandchildren showed up for a large family thanksgiving. What a great idea! I was very nervous about the hotel- which my husband picked- after reading the reviews here, but the website was very professional and showed nice photos of the property. Well, I am very glad we didn't cancel. Our room was large and very nicely appointed. I am a very picky housekeeper but everything was extremely clean. We did not have problems with smells or noise like others here and they seemed happy to have us staying. We opted not to have the breakfast served at the hotel, but a front desk clerk directed us to a very nice coffeeshop across the street. The location is very convenient to all of Falmouth. I do not know whether we are just not as picky as others, but this hotel was perfect for us. On their recommendation, we also stayed at their hotel in Newport, whcih was also to our satisfaction.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MatildaBruce
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Sandwich
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!