Inn on the Square
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$189
Sands Of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$218
Mariner Motel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$131
Town and Beach Motel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$104
Sea Crest Beach Hotel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$207
Orbitz.com
Falmouth Heights Motor Lodge(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$131
Hotels.com
Treehouse Lodge(Woods Hole)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$197
Official Site
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$207
Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$104
Beach Breeze Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$229
Official Site
All reviewscottage buildingindoor poolrestaurant attachedmartha's vineyardcape codwoods holedvd playermain streetdowntown falmouthbike pathfirst floorshort walkshops and restaurantsfridge and microwavecomfortable roomsroom was largeconvenient location
Reviewed 4 May 2010

My Fiancé and I first stayed at this delightful little hotel in December 2008, when we stumbled upon it during our first visit to the Cape. When we returned to London, we often reminisced fondly about our time spent at this hotel and in Falmouth. Our December 2008 stay was during a two-week pre-Christmas holiday to the States, in which we stayed at top-class hotels in Boston and New York and I can honestly say that the time we spent here was the highlight of our trip. I have never written a review on this, or any other, website before, but I felt compelled to after we had recommended this hotel to a friend who was subsequently put off by the reviews that she had read on this site and I found myself defending this hotel in London! We are currently staying at the hotel for a second time (I am writing this review thanks to the free high-speed wireless internet!), on our fourth trip to the States and Canada in just over a year, and all is as we had fondly remembered. This is a gem of a hotel and a rarity these days. The pool is better than The Westin Boston Waterfront (where we stayed for the previous three nights) and has fresh towels readily available. It is refreshing not to have to pay $32 per night non-valet parking and $12.99 for 24 hour wireless internet here. The service is discreet, yet friendly and helpful when needed; the King-sized beds are very comfortable with high-quality sheets and there is a microwave and fridge in the rooms (some also have a Jacuzzi in the bedroom). Above all, the location is perfect. We are currently paying $89/night and I have never experienced value for money quite like this. My Fiancé and I lead stressful lives in London and this hotel is just what the doctor ordered! This quiet, quaint little hotel has to be taken for exactly what it is: it does not have a fancy restaurant or offer room service, it is an Inn, a base for exploring this amazing part of the world. This little Inn has many qualities that many 5* hotels do not, and they would do well to take a lesson from this little gem’s book! If you want a sleek hotel, I suspect that this charming hotel and, indeed, Cape Cod, is not for you!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarSha24
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Stayed for a weekend well visiting family and I still like the place. What I did not enjoy was that we had to stay in a separate building across the parking lot which was not even connected to the main building. Even worse was the annoying room next store with the loud noise at 2:30 in the morning. The problem I see with this place is the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. Other then that the rooms and the place is a little dated but not bad and is close to town.This inn is in a great location and located on a main road but close to the town of Falmouth which is very nice and is an all around nice place to stay. The inn is set up strange with a front portion just containing the lobby but the rest of the inn behind the property. It is a cozy inn with a New England feel and was a moderate rate for that weekend with spacious rooms and all the ammenities. The indoor pool was a surprise and there was a nice continental breakfast out front. The staff seemed a bit out of it and not very helpful, but to be expected on the Cape. I would recommend this spot for a romantic getaway or a vacation with loved ones. It didn't seem kid friendly so I don't know if I would recommend it for families.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lip89
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Dear Lip89,

Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square. I appreciate that you think our hotel has a great location with a cozy New England feel, a moderate rate for spacious rooms with all the amenities, an indoor pool and a nice continental breakfast.

Many of our guests enjoy staying in our detached cottage building, as it provides an even more cozy setting and can be used for groups. If you would prefer to stay in our main building, please let our reservationists know that when you are booking your room.

We appreciate that you would recommend this spot for a romantic getaway or a vacation with loved ones, but we want to correct the assumption that our hotel is not kid-friendly. Many of our guests are traveling with children and we very much welcome families to our hotel. We have cribs and cots available for families that need a little extra room and there is no doubt that people of all ages enjoy our beautiful indoor pool. Stay tuned for more information about our new restaurant opening this summer, which is beloved by families all over the Cape!

We hope that you will join us again at the Inn on the Square in Falmouth, MA.

Reviewed 20 February 2010

The room was adequate but minimal - not nearly as spacious as the one shown on the website. There was a lot of cold air coming in around the window which made the room temperature difficult to regulate. The lobby and hallways could definitely use sprucing up. The staff was friendly. The best part about the hotel is the location - within walking distance to the downtown area and right across from some restaurants and art galleries. It has a nice pool, but since they don't have an adult or quiet swim time set aside, we were unable to use it because it was overtaken by loud, splashing kids.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank noplacelikehome617
Reviewed 19 February 2010

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful week in Falmouth, MA. He had a conference in Boston on Monday and Tuesday so we decided to make a mini vacation of it and stay in Cape Cod all week. We’ve stayed at this gem of a hotel before, so we picked the Inn on the Square as our home base. I was able to work remotely, and the hotel has free wireless internet. I was able to sit with my feet in the pool and work on my computer- just perfect. There is 24/7 coffee in the lobby area and the water pressure in the shower is great. The staff immediately recognized us and was very helpful in setting us up with a large quiet room at our request. The winter rates are cheaper than anything comparable in Boston, and we could appreciate the Cape without all the craziness of the summer. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYJaneDoe
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful vacation at this hotel. Although it is in a nice quiet location, it is near everythign in Falmouth. We were able to walk to shopping and nearby restaurants. For everything else on the Cape, it is quite easy to drive. This hotel is also useful because of its proximity to Martha's Vineyard. We appreciated the free breakfast, although we rarely got up early enough to take advantage of it. The swimming pool was nice and not as crowded as some other hotels on Cape Cod. A perfect romantic getaway choice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple