“Well located, but noise is an issue”
Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 19 June 2010

It is a old hotel located near the main street of Falmouth and steps from a bike rental shop and the fabulous bike trail (just behind). Staff is nice but does not know much about local atraction or how to get around. It is an old Hotel where a rennovation will be welcome. The beds are good, but you can hear everything from the other room and from the main road. As the air condioning also is very noisy, if you have problems with noise ythis is not the ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 May 2010

Very nice hotel for the cost. Location is downtown proximate to everything. My room was large and nicely appointed with a refrigerator. The vending machine had some microwave popcorn which was the perfect snack after my meeting requiring almost no effort. The bathroom was very large and had a good shower. There is coffee all day.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BuildingBryce
Reviewed 12 May 2010

“The hotel was very charming and Falmouth is a beautiful place. There was a nice breakfast buffet in a large open area with lots of windows. Indoor pool is gorgeous. Our room was decorated warmly and had TV, microwave, and refrigerator. The rooms are cozy, not luxurious but just right for a romantic trist. Great place for a quiet relaxing visit to the Cape.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank creatomatic
Reviewed 4 May 2010

My Fiancé and I first stayed at this delightful little hotel in December 2008, when we stumbled upon it during our first visit to the Cape. When we returned to London, we often reminisced fondly about our time spent at this hotel and in Falmouth. Our December 2008 stay was during a two-week pre-Christmas holiday to the States, in which we stayed at top-class hotels in Boston and New York and I can honestly say that the time we spent here was the highlight of our trip. I have never written a review on this, or any other, website before, but I felt compelled to after we had recommended this hotel to a friend who was subsequently put off by the reviews that she had read on this site and I found myself defending this hotel in London! We are currently staying at the hotel for a second time (I am writing this review thanks to the free high-speed wireless internet!), on our fourth trip to the States and Canada in just over a year, and all is as we had fondly remembered. This is a gem of a hotel and a rarity these days. The pool is better than The Westin Boston Waterfront (where we stayed for the previous three nights) and has fresh towels readily available. It is refreshing not to have to pay $32 per night non-valet parking and $12.99 for 24 hour wireless internet here. The service is discreet, yet friendly and helpful when needed; the King-sized beds are very comfortable with high-quality sheets and there is a microwave and fridge in the rooms (some also have a Jacuzzi in the bedroom). Above all, the location is perfect. We are currently paying $89/night and I have never experienced value for money quite like this. My Fiancé and I lead stressful lives in London and this hotel is just what the doctor ordered! This quiet, quaint little hotel has to be taken for exactly what it is: it does not have a fancy restaurant or offer room service, it is an Inn, a base for exploring this amazing part of the world. This little Inn has many qualities that many 5* hotels do not, and they would do well to take a lesson from this little gem’s book! If you want a sleek hotel, I suspect that this charming hotel and, indeed, Cape Cod, is not for you!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarSha24
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Stayed for a weekend well visiting family and I still like the place. What I did not enjoy was that we had to stay in a separate building across the parking lot which was not even connected to the main building. Even worse was the annoying room next store with the loud noise at 2:30 in the morning. The problem I see with this place is the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. Other then that the rooms and the place is a little dated but not bad and is close to town.This inn is in a great location and located on a main road but close to the town of Falmouth which is very nice and is an all around nice place to stay. The inn is set up strange with a front portion just containing the lobby but the rest of the inn behind the property. It is a cozy inn with a New England feel and was a moderate rate for that weekend with spacious rooms and all the ammenities. The indoor pool was a surprise and there was a nice continental breakfast out front. The staff seemed a bit out of it and not very helpful, but to be expected on the Cape. I would recommend this spot for a romantic getaway or a vacation with loved ones. It didn't seem kid friendly so I don't know if I would recommend it for families.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lip89
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Dear Lip89,

Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square. I appreciate that you think our hotel has a great location with a cozy New England feel, a moderate rate for spacious rooms with all the amenities, an indoor pool and a nice continental breakfast.

Many of our guests enjoy staying in our detached cottage building, as it provides an even more cozy setting and can be used for groups. If you would prefer to stay in our main building, please let our reservationists know that when you are booking your room.

We appreciate that you would recommend this spot for a romantic getaway or a vacation with loved ones, but we want to correct the assumption that our hotel is not kid-friendly. Many of our guests are traveling with children and we very much welcome families to our hotel. We have cribs and cots available for families that need a little extra room and there is no doubt that people of all ages enjoy our beautiful indoor pool. Stay tuned for more information about our new restaurant opening this summer, which is beloved by families all over the Cape!

We hope that you will join us again at the Inn on the Square in Falmouth, MA.

Reviewed 20 February 2010

The room was adequate but minimal - not nearly as spacious as the one shown on the website. There was a lot of cold air coming in around the window which made the room temperature difficult to regulate. The lobby and hallways could definitely use sprucing up. The staff was friendly. The best part about the hotel is the location - within walking distance to the downtown area and right across from some restaurants and art galleries. It has a nice pool, but since they don't have an adult or quiet swim time set aside, we were unable to use it because it was overtaken by loud, splashing kids.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank noplacelikehome617
Reviewed 19 February 2010

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful week in Falmouth, MA. He had a conference in Boston on Monday and Tuesday so we decided to make a mini vacation of it and stay in Cape Cod all week. We’ve stayed at this gem of a hotel before, so we picked the Inn on the Square as our home base. I was able to work remotely, and the hotel has free wireless internet. I was able to sit with my feet in the pool and work on my computer- just perfect. There is 24/7 coffee in the lobby area and the water pressure in the shower is great. The staff immediately recognized us and was very helpful in setting us up with a large quiet room at our request. The winter rates are cheaper than anything comparable in Boston, and we could appreciate the Cape without all the craziness of the summer. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYJaneDoe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Sandwich

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!