“Perfect place for a wedding block with exceptional service!”
Review of Inn on the Square

Inn on the Square
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Chicago
“Perfect place for a wedding block with exceptional service!”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We used this hotel as part of our wedding block a few weeks ago. Let me just tell you that we made an excellent choice. The hotel was large enough for a block (we ended up with about 20 rooms here, and still had to use some of the other hotels) and was still charming enough where you felt you were in the heart of the Cape. The location was a great central point for all of our guests to explore the area. Many people walked into town on a daily basis, used the shuttle to the ferry, etc. We used a private shuttle to our wedding at the Flying Bridge, which was about a 5 minute drive. The staff here is beyond exceptional - they went above and beyond to help our guests and really made everyone feel "at home." I think most hotels in this area are a little overpriced in general, but it was important to us to have the bulk of our guest stay in one spot, so it was worth the price to stay here. I think it ended up being a great value though and everyone seemed really happy. Percy's, the breakfast restaurant downstairs, is really good too. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IHeartVacations11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Boston
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Just returned from a weekend in Falmouth. Had an absolutely amazing time and LOVED Inn on the Square. Very quaint and cute...the perfect New England Inn. We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly and courteous staff. The décor was lovely, our room was clean and quiet with very nice amenities. The private sun deck was a great spot to enjoy the weather and scenery, but even if you don’t have a perfect day, you can still have fun at the indoor pool.

The restaurant, Percy’s Place, was SO good!! Tons of options...highly recommend the crepes and any of the many variations on eggs benedict. All delicious!

If you’re headed to the Cape and looking for a great value for your money, Inn on the Square is the place to go. Thanks to everyone there for a great weekend!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank db909
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I decided to get away from Boston last weekend, and spent 3 days at the Inn on the Square - what a terrific visit! The staff was extraordinarily helpful in bringing up my bags (I asked for extra help because I had a lot of bags) and educating me about the sites around town. I stayed in the Two Queen Guest Room – very spacious, comfortable room. I enjoyed the complimentary Starbucks coffee and had a very good nights sleep; the beds were very comfortable and I couldn’t hear anything going on outside. I was pleasantly surprised by this considering that the hotel has a central location in Falmouth – close to great restaurants, shopping, and cute cafes.

I also enjoyed using the hotel’s swimming pool. Other reviewers have mentioned that this hotel is a bit pricey – from my perspective, my experience far exceeded the cost. Great staff, rooms, and location. I definitely plan to be back soon and highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Had an awesome weekend in the Cape. Took a ferry across to Martha's vineyard. My friends and I rented bikes across the street. The hotel restaurant had great breakfast - banana pancakes - yum!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I have never written a review before but i so so wish we had read trip advisor before as the other comments completely sum the place up. My wife says that it is the worst hotel she has ever stayed in.

I have to say that from my perspective the tardiness of the rooms, paper peeling of the ceiling in the bathroom, grubby carpets and thin walls and ceilings such that everyone is disturbed by noises from other rooms, decorating that looks like a USA version of Fawlty Towers, not even updated but just lacking John Cleese, is all acceptable if this place were dirt cheap, but it isn't ,it is overpriced and a complete rip off.

Oh yes and the restaurant that stays open for breakfast and lunch matches the standards of the hotel. Service so slow that it would literally have been quicker to have driven to a supermarket parked the car, bought some OJ, returned to the restaurant and sat down again, not only that but none of the staff would have noticed the trip. The staff were completely disinterested, no if only they were disinterested that would have been an improvement..With the exception of one man who had been told apparently by the owner that he had to help out, the rest were totally disengaged from any concept of customer service.

Bring back Manuel.

Give the place a wide detour and yes try a Motel 6

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank LeSkiHC
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square.

We regret that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay at our property. We have rigorous cleaning standards at the hotel. If you are noise sensitive and prefer a very quiet room, please let our staff know at the time you make your reservation. We will make an effort to put you in a room that will meet your needs.

We are very excited to have Persy’s Place as the new restaurant at our hotel and we apologize for any service issues that you experienced. However, the restaurant employees are not trained by the hotel, nor are they employees of the hotel. Nonetheless, we work closely with Persy’s management to insure that the food quality and service meet our own high standards. Rest assured, we will certainly share your feedback.

We are very willing to address any issues that our guests experience, but we do need you to let us know how we can best help you. We want to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

We hope that you will join us again at the Inn on the Square in Falmouth, MA.

Travellers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I was here for one night so I could sleep when I participated in the Falmouth Road Race. Having never been to the area, I wasn't sure where to stay. Because Falmouth is a lottery, and I didn't know I was in the race until June, most places had booked up, but this one was still open.

I shelled out something like 264 a night, and it was pretty harsh. The lobby was nice enough, and the desk staff was friendly to me. The room was a bit deceiving-it looked clean, but then I found a maxi pad wrapper under the bed (in plain view), and there were reddish stains on the duster around the bed. I also found some suspicious hairs in the bathroom and on one of the two beds. I was glad I was traveling alone.

The location was nice-a few blocks from downtown and close to the ferry parking areas. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel that was open for breakfast and lunch only. The food was passable, but the waitstaff was bored and disinterested high school kids. There was a sitting area outside that seemed OK and an indoor pool I didn't visit.

I know its tourist season, but if you're going to charge me that much for one night, toss in some free breakfast and a clean hotel room. I'm hoping to run Falmouth in the Fall, and I don't think I'll be staying here, even if the rates are great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank hennaeel
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square. We have very strict standard operating procedures for housekeeping at our hotel. In the future, if your room does not appear to have been appropriately cleaned, please contact our front desk immediately to make sure that we place you in a room that is ready for occupancy. We are willing to address any issues that our guests experience, but we do need you to let us know how we can best help you. We want to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

As you noted, the hotel is proximate to the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard as well as downtown. Additionally, it in an ideal location just a few blocks from Falmouth’s Main Street, filled with shops and restaurants.

We hope that you will join us again at the Inn on the Square in Falmouth, MA.
Orono, Maine
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I have stayed in nicer Super 8 's for less than 1/2 the price. Maybe it is just Cape Cod, but this place is overpriced for a room with worn carpets, cracked shower stall with mold, cracked sink, unpainted patched hole in wall, wallpaper in bathroom coming off, broken desk chair, cheap towels...need I go on? It was clean, not too noisy, location is good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square. We have very strict standard operating procedures for housekeeping at our hotel. In the future, if your room does not appear to have been appropriately cleaned, please contact our front desk immediately to make sure that we place you in a room that is ready for occupancy. Our rooms are larger than average with high thread count linens, granite vanities in the bathrooms, and a refrigerator, microwave and safe, among other features. To the extent that our room was not to your liking, we apologize. We want to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

We are very excited to have Persy’s Place as our new restaurant at the Inn on the Square. We urge you to be patient as they get up to speed- and we promise that the food is delicious!

In addition to the new restaurant, the Inn on the Square has many amenities that our guests appreciate, including a newly refurbished swimming pool, a private courtyard and sundeck, a lobby business center, free coffee and tea at the hotel, and wireless internet through the hotel. With the charm of a cottage and the amenities of a full-service hotel, we hope that you will once again choose the Inn on the Square for your next Falmouth stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Sandwich
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!