Fitchburg Art Museum
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Fitchburg
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Fitchburg Art Museum will surprise most visitors. Their collection of art covers a wide range including some great things for kids in their Egyptian room.

Well worth the visit. Take the time to get a group together and do the tour with one of their trained docents.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

With local as well as international exhibits, this is a wonderful little museum. Also has classes for adults and children, with extra classes scheduled during school vacation times. Have enjoyed going many times in the past many years. Inexpensive membership.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Fitchburg Art museum is a great little museum, offering changing installations often. Local artists & Massachusetts artists as well as many other greats are exhibited here. They also offer terrific classes & workshops for teachers & students alike. Their summer program for students is fun & a good learning experience, usually grouped by age level & theme. First Thursdays of each month is Free. Lots of other businesses in Fitchburg also offer First Thursday specials, too. We love visiting the Egyptian exhibit-there's always something new or that we missed before. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

After living in the area for many years, I finally visited the FAM. What a pleasant surprise.
I have visited countless museums and for a local museum this is a must.
I heard that there was a collection of the Hudson River painters and wanted to see them. A lovely collection it was.
The museum is quite large and has several sections. I found the Egyptian artifacts quite good.
The museum caters to children as well as to adults. I attended a lecture given by a local university professor on 19 century American literature and its effects on the HR paintings.
There was also a yoga class amist the ancient ruins. The entry fees are reasonable but we got a free library pass. There was a small coffee/tea stand. Enjoy

Reviewed 11 January 2013

You wouldn't think this place would be such a wonderful museum. My kids and I enjoyed our visit. We also enjoyed very much the restaurant.