“Excellent Family Camping”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a blast on a crisp fall weekend in October.

Pools - Too cold for the outdoor pools (although they were open). They looked like they would be fun in the summer. We did use the indoor pool and hot tub though. Very clean and well maintained. Nice to use after spending all day outside in the cold.

Pancake Breakfast - Quick and simple, but can't beat it for $4 a person. Pancakes, sausage, coffee and orange juice. Very good.

Outdoor restaurant - Great food, with huge portions. On Sunday, while watching football, we called up and ordered some pizzas. Great option for when you don't feel like cooking.

Dog park - We had brought our lab and the dog park was a great feature. We had to go there several times a day our lab loved it so much. It was well maintained as well, clean, and plenty of room for dogs to run and explore.

Sites - Hookups are modern, all of the sites are very well kept. You can tell they put a lot of money back into the facilities. We had a small hangup where I site didn't have sewer as we had requested. They offered to move us but we were okay where we were - but it's nice that they were willing to make it right.

Bathrooms - By far the best I've seen at ANY campground.

Overall, great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We’re so glad to hear that your weekend was a blast. The fall is such a great time to visit the park. There is nothing like waking up on a brisk morning and warming up around an early morning campfire with a nice hot cup of coffee. Your compliments are very much appreciated as we all work together as a team to ensure a memorable camping experience. I do hope you'll visit with us again and next time you might want to consider one of our spooktacular Halloween weekends (next year we have 3). Thanks again and happy camping!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The positive experience starts when you arrive, the checking in is fast, courteous and professional. A park "ranger" brings you to your site, as a first time visitor, it can be a little confusing, and the campground is just awesome, it has a beautiful lodge, nice restaurant, it is wooded, the pools are well kept and large the play area for kids are just amazing!
Everything is well maintained and groomed!
On this stay I had a special request of the staff, they delivered in spades and I couldn't have asked for more.
My wife and I travel quite a bit, we don't mind paying a little more for a premium facility, this is as premium as it gets, on par with Lake George RV park and very close to Fort Wilderness, definitely a must try!

Cheers

Room Tip: We traveled in an RV!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Sincerest thanks for letting us be a part of your camping experience. It truly makes us feel special to know that we have made our guests happy! Your kind words and appreciation remind us how lucky we are to work in such a fun and rewarding industry. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We rented a cabin for three nights.It was almost like living in our travel trailer, but had a neat enclosed porch and an open deck with a barbie. It even had our name engraved in a plaque by the door. Beautiful park and a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much! We were delighted to be your chosen destination during your recent stay. I noticed that you traveled quite a distance to visit with us. I hope that you had an opportunity to utilize our Concierge's sightseeing service to make your trip even more memorable.
On another note, I wholeheartedly agree with you about the deluxe log cabins, they are so cozy...it’s like being in a little house out in the woods - but with all the amenities of a fine hotel. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with others.
Have a safe trip home!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This has to be by far the best campground ever! Staff is very friendly, sites are level, just enough trees to provide that woodsy feeling! Wifi is good I just can't say enough good things about this place! Will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2013
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

So delighted that you shared your comments, what thoughtful feedback! I truly hope you do join us again. The park is so beautiful in the fall with all the colors of autumn (and the rates are lower too!).

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Brought my sister tent camping for her first time to Normandy Farms. Figured I better bring her to a really nice place to get her hooked on camping ;) From the moment we pulled in to check in I was super impressed. The views to the pond are so pretty as are the tall pine trees. The check in lodge was so nice and modern and just a great welcoming atmosphere. The place is really clean and modern. I loved the Rec lodge, especially the adult section. The kids enjoyed the arcade and pools. The only negatives I can say is that we wish we could have shared 1 site to save some money. One site would have been plenty of room for us. Also, Safari 4 section where we stayed, was extremely loud from highway traffic. Made it hard to sleep. Would prefer a quieter section next time. Definitely planning on coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

What a great sister you are to share your camping experience with your sister. Sounds like everything fell into place and a wonderful time was had by all. Your compliments are truly appreciated. We put in a great deal of effort to maintain the warm and inviting atmosphere that makes our guests feel comfortable. I appreciate your comment about sharing a site. The guidelines on this topic can be a bit confusing. How about when you are ready to visit with us again, please feel free to call me directly and I will happily review the options with you to find the best rate and site for your family. My name is Lisa Pascale and I am the Guest Relations Director, you can reach me at 866.673.2767 x313. I so look forward to working with you.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This summer we decided to take our 7 yr old, who dislikes bugs, dark etc,. on a camping trip to get in-touch with nature and overcome some of his fears. On our first experience we went to another campground and had a great time. We had a wooded site with a bathroom and shower right next to us. The tents were in one section, and RV's in another less rustic area. All night long we heard the park ranger driving around, which made us feel so safe since are not experienced "campers". The birds and the early cleaning crew woke us up. Both a nice sound. However, it started raining after the first day and the tent began to leak, so we left. We decided to try again, at Normandy Farms. The weather forecast for our arrival day was wonderful so I called and asked if we could come earlier in the day to use the pool etc. I was told no. Only if we were guests of another camper. So we decided to work that day and go after work. When we checked in we were told that we were in a pull through. I replied, "we have a tent?" The girl said "ok, you have a tent." that's OK. We set up our tent between 2 rv's on a gravel driveway. We could not get the stakes in the ground because it was so hard. The people to the left had 3 cars and a camper with a "holding" container right near the tent and loads of kids. Beside them was an overflowing dumpster that smelled. The people to the right had 2 dogs and 3 kids. We could hear every word etc. We also could hear the highway and the traffic truck noise starts at 4 am. By 6 am the smell of the trash was ripe! I spoke with a staff member at the pool area about it and she said she would call someone. Nothing happened. I went to the office to complain. It was still there the following morning. No one should be placed anywhere near a overflowing dumpster in the summer! Gross, could not describe it I worried about rats when I went to late night bathroom visits. It said "recyclables but it had everything in it. All day long people came by to throw more bags in it. Finally, the day we were leaving, it was emptied. Still my tent was near a dumpster not trees or a pond! On a great note, there were no bugs, there were lots of activities for kids, and they appeared to be having a great time, a nice pool area,hot coffee in the morning, a beautiful lodge in case it rains and clean ( but too few) bathrooms. We did have a really nice time, but not what we were looking for. It was like a huge RV parking lot, but not a campground for tenting. It was not a peaceful place. But since I am a "green" camper, now I know

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ann t
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

I’m not sure if your reservation was made on line or if it was made by phone. If you do make a reservation online, you are able to view the available sites with a picture and description and choose the one that is the best match for you, based on appearance, location and amenities. If you had called the Reception Center directly, we certainly owe you an apology for not describing the site you were assigned. With the large number of sites here in the park, we have locations that are more appropriate for tent camping and others that are more suitable for RVs and campers. As the park tends to be quite busy in the summer months, there are occasions when those in tents will opt to take a site that was intended for an RV, as that may be the only site available when the reservation was made. I’m not sure where we went wrong, but I can certainly understand your disappointment as it sounds like you were not on a site that was best suited for your family. Thank you for letting us know that we need to be more thorough, and I hope you find a park that is just right for you and your family – I only wish it could have been us!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

from the minute you enter the property, you know that it is going to be a wonderful experience, the staff, amazing, we had never been so they sent a ranger to guide us thru this very large camping community, everything is so clean, and you can see the workers keeping it that way, always helpful. Absolutely the best 3 outdoor pools, one indoor pool, a store community center, this park is very family oriented, you could see the children, but they were quiet, they allow for dog walking and they have stations, for your use, they did not miss a beat. For a campground everyone did their own thing, the best ever, one should at least try it and you will be back.

Room Tip: we arrived in a fifth wheel , we did not need a room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thanks so much for your gracious comments. We are thrilled that you had a fun time and hope you join us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!