“Upscale Camping Experience.....................”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I camped here in our diesel pusher motor home for 5 nights during the first week of May. This is a fabulous campground. Large spacious camp sites with W-E-S located close for easy hook-ups. Several outdoor pools and an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, which is great for the colder weather. Nice snack bar & ice cream location with plenty of under-tent seating. Well stocked camp store located at the office, beautiful basketball court and playgrounds with plenty to do for kids.

The "Pros" are plentiful in this beautifully maintained campground. Too many to list, but take my word this is a truly nice camping location. The only "Con" that I feel is necessary to mention is: "the road situation around the campground." Other than the entry area being paved roads, the rest of the campground roads are gravel & dirt. The main roads that go through the campground are unfortunately more dirt than gravel. The side roads that give you direct access to the camp sites are less traveled and tend to have somewhat more gravel. Our campsite was located on the corner of one of the main roads and side road. The main road is busy with Rv's coming and going, plus trucks, cars, etc. Even a vehicle driving slowly would raise a dust storm that would blow every direction at the mercy of the wind. We had to keep our windows in the motorhome shut for this reason. Worse yet was being outside and walking on this road. The dust from passing vehicles would choke you and burn your eyes, not to mention covering your clothes with enough dust you had to brush yourself off. This was not a good experience to say the least. Travel on the side roads leading to your camp site was also dusty, but less vehicles on these roads made it more bearable. Our humble recommendation would be to pave at least the main roads cutting through the campground and also the perimeter roads as well. Paving the side roads would also be great, but I know paving is expensive and at least the main roads would be a tremendous improvement. Mothers pushing babies and walking with youngsters were literally being crop-dusted by passing vehicles. Many folks complained in conversations about this very problem, but this is normally as far as it goes. Many folks also said, "this is a resort style campground and they charge a resort price for camping here, they should at least improve these roads so we can stop eating & breathing road dust." I agree with this logic !!!!!

Overall this is a truly nice campground with the availability for both adults & kids to have fun and enjoy themselves. Upgrade improvements to the roads would eliminate the airborne dust problem and rectify this situation. Otherwise, a truly nice camping experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Neil, your frank explanation of the roads is accurate. We’ve been working on upgrading our sites to include 50 amp electric service and cable TV. Once this project is complete and we are finished digging trenches to run these services, we intend to pave the main roads throughout the park. We appreciate your patience as we work toward providing these improved services. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Thanks Neil - Happy Spring!
Guest Relations Director

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The worst possible customer service. Board of Health should fine this property for not having any bathroom facilities for guests during water main repair. No notification to guests that there was a problem, just locked bathrooms. No compensation for guests for the complication of having to scramble off property to find bathroom facilities for their children. Extremely disappointed in lack of concern in having a back up plan in place or that money was spent for a stay at their property for a product they couldn't deliver. Just totally disgusted. They should be ashamed. I will report them to the appropriate authorities but also want to share this horrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't rely on their facilities to be open
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I hear you loud and clear. I know how much we disappointed you and I had tried to express in previous correspondence with you how sincerely sorry we were, and still are. Any issue that affects our guests is important to us. When someone has a problem, we want to hear about it. We need to hear about it. We need to own that issue and find a way to ensure that future guests will not have the same experience. For those reading this, here is a summary of the situation:
On Saturday, April 26th, the Town of Foxboro experienced an unexpected water main break on West Street, which is where we are located. During that time, the local neighborhood and campground had no running water. The water remained off while the repair to the 10-inch main was completed. This lasted throughout the day. With no water, our guidelines suggested by local authorities included rendering the restrooms inoperable for both guests and employees, this would include the pool areas as well. Our snack bar was able to serve our guests with food items that required no or little water to prepare. Our camp store was open with bottled water and ice. We extended the activities in an effort to keep our guests entertained during this challenging time. Calls were placed to local portable toilet providers, and we were told that they would be available for delivery the next day. We located restroom facilities outside of the park that were not affected by the water outage and directed our guests there for some relief. We spoke with many guests via phone and our Ranger did his best to communicate the status of the water problems to our guests, as did the Recreation Department and other team members on duty. Signs were posted on all buildings that were open at that time explaining the water outage.
We did not have a backup plan in place for the lack of restrooms. To be honest, this had never happened to us before. We just were not prepared. We learned a very important lesson that day. Every incident is an opportunity to become more educated, to learn how to communicate better and to learn about other alternatives. We have started researching the addition of alternative facilities to our park, which will most likely be composting toilets. We are committed to satisfying our guests. Thank you for providing the opportunity to share this experience with others who may not have taken the time to write to us.
Respectfully yours,
Lisa Pascale – Guest Relations Director

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Normandy Farms last year and we just stayed there again! We LOVE it so much we booked again for the end of summer. It was very relaxing. The kids always have a great time here. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great camping experience. The park is EXTREMELY clean. The bathrooms are top notch. However, there activity schedule that they give you does not say what it should say. Example- Candy bar bingo and it states the time. It should say you need to bring your own candy bars. I had 4 extremely upset kids because I assumed you could buy the candy bars there. Well I brought a $20 bill. Figured a $1 per candy bar and we all would play two games. That was not the case. Long story short we could not play and the girls were not helpful on what I should do. Softball Ball field 1.. not saying you should bring a glove. I just think their sheet should be more detailed. Overall, I would not give the campground a bad rating because of this just was upset over it. We all can't wait to go back again! I wish there was more campgrounds like Normandy. Normandy Rocks!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Victoria,
Point well taken and thank you for your kind words and helpful suggestions with regards to the clarity of our activity schedule. For candy bar bingo, we do have a coin-operated vending machine in the Recreation Lodge for those who need to purchase. I’m so sorry if we did not make that known to you. I checked with Doris, our Recreation Director about softball. She told me that we do have some extra gloves for those without, but with a limited amount, perhaps we had run out before your kids arrived. I’m so sorry – just when we think we’ve got things down pat we learn that there is always a better way to prepare our guests for a more informative and enjoyable stay. Thanks again for keeping us alert and on our toes. PS – if you have any questions at all in regards to activities during your next visit, don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 866-673-2767 x313 or email me at lisa@normandyfarms.com.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lisa Pascale
“ The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family and friends are regular visitors at Normandy Farms and have been going 2 to 3 times a year for nearly 20 years and we already booked two visits for 2015. The Daniels family really know what they are doing. The sites are nice and big and always in great condition. Over the years I have seen constant improvements being made. I am excited every spring to see what they have done over the winter. The staff are all very accommodating and friendly. The activities are second to none. This is a destination where you have lots to do (Disc Golf, 3 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, hot tubs, 2 baseball fields, playgrounds, horse shoe pits, volley ball courts, a huge dog park, and lots of planned activities. A great family destination close to Boston and Gillette Stadium. This is the best campground I have been to in the North East.

Room Tip: Lots of full hook-up, pull through sites to choose from and rental units too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so very much for sharing your kind words with us and also your review with all the folks that utilize TripAdvisor when planning for their free time. It is very important for us to give the best that we possibly can to our guests. Between our facilities, amenities and personalized service, we all work diligently to keep our guests coming back. I know you mentioned that you always like to see what’s new each season – Spoiler Alert ! This year your taste buds will thank you for visiting our Kamper’s Kitchen, which is now being operated by the Sarro Family, owners of Fresh Catch Seafood which has four Boston-area locations offering the freshest local seafood, choice meats and more. They have certainly set the level for open air dining! We have continued to improve sites, both with enhanced hookups and ease of accessibility. The popularity of our Halloween weekends led us to add a third so that everyone should have a chance get to join in on the fun that fall has to offer. Spirit Weekend is a new event for us, occurring in early October. You won’t want to miss this mystical weekend with spirits from beyond… We’ve got a few more improvements up our sleeves but I want to let some be surprises, so let me just finish by saying that we look forward to seeing you again - you can be sure that you will be very welcome at your next stay with us.
Lisa P

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just got back from spending 4 days at Normandy Farms and all I can say is Wow! Such a beautiful campground! It exceeded all our expectations.
In Novemeber we traded in our pop-up for a 23ft Rockwood Roo and wanted to go someplace close to home for our maiden voyage, which is why we chose Normandy Farms. It is only about 45 minutes from our home, and after the first day we decided to book for spring break next year. The facilities were the cleanest I have ever experienced at a campground. The playgrounds were super and the indoor pool was enjoyed by everyone in the family. I was a little concerned about bringing our chocolate lab, this was his first camping trip and he can be a little hyper, but the dog park was great for him and the other dog owners we met were very friendly. You can tell the owners have a lot of pride in the campground and every staff member we talked to was helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this campground!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Wonderful to hear that your stay was such a memorable one. I’d say that’s a great sign that your camping season is going to be the best ever! We appreciate your comments in regards to the cleanliness, it’s not always easy but we take the team approach to pitching in together to keep the park looking so nice. And if only dogs could write a review – I think your four-legged family member would definitely give us a “paws” up! Thanks so much for your kind words, it really makes it all worthwhile!
Respectfully yours,
LIsa P

Reviewed 24 April 2014

we stayed at normandy farms during 2014 boston marathon for 5 days. resorts staff very helpful, lots of planned activities for both adults and kids. resort seems to cater to both kids and pets, as there were massive amounts of each. RV Sites are fairly small but with full hookups. Resort is huge with almost a thousand rv/camp sites and all the amenities. Only negative was slow and almost useless wifi. Still would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Well, I have to say that for someone who traveled all the way from Florida, I’m sure you’ve seen a whole lot of campgrounds and with that being said, your kind words mean a lot to us. Most folks don’t realize how busy April school vacation can be, all of us hearty New Englanders are just itching to get out and about and this is usually the “shake down” trip for the season. It can be a busy as a summer week. While the park has almost 100 acres, we’re not quite as big as some of the beautiful southern resorts you might be accustomed to. With over 400 sites, we like to think we have just the right spot for everyone, from the tenting family to those folks traveling with the biggest rigs. You aren’t the first guest who has commented on our internet service. We recognize the need for improvements and we are always working toward providing the best that we can for our guests. I hope you have another chance to visit with us again, and hopefully you will find this service much more to your expectations.
Lisa

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean. Many activities for kids. Dog park was huge and maintained.staff was excellent.camp store had a lot to offer. Online check is awesome and easy to use. Security gates a plus to keep people out who dont.belong.

• Stayed: April 2014

We are grateful for your lovely comments. We try to provide a variety of activities and events to keep all of our guests equally entertained. I suspect you may have visited us over school vacation week however, when the children far outnumbered the adults! Our approach to a week like that is …. If the children are happy then the parents are happy. I’m glad your travels brought you to us, and we wish you a safe journey back to New Mexico (visited there last year, such a beautiful area).
Lisa Pascale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!