“Can't say I loved it...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Can't say I loved it...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Everyone told me"OMG you have to go to Normandy Farms it is so awesome" Well we just got back and I can't say "awesome". The grounds are beautiful...very clean...bathrooms are very clean. Rec. Lodge was nice...Pools are nice... There are a few things I didn't like. Camp sites are literally right on top of each other. If you like to spend time at you site with your family like we do you had better like your neighbors because they are literally right there with you...no privacy! Second...they have a new company running the cafe there and they don't seem to really know what they are doing...Long wait for food and this morning they were so backed up that they stopped taking orders even for people that had been standing in line waiting and told them it would be over 1/2 hour before they could order...not GOOD!! The thing that really made me mad was that we went there this weekend for my sons 10th birthday and when I checked in I told them that we would be having visitors coming for the birthday. When my vistors arrived they were told that they could not come to our site because Gillette Stadium which is right down the street was having a Country Music Concert and that they didn't want cars parking at site ( wish they had mentioned that to me when i checked in?!) So they made my 72 year old mother drive to this dark parking lot behind the store and park her car and I had to go and get her and drive her back to the site. Then i had to do the same thing for my other friends with there children, but they still charged them all $12 each to come and visit..UNACCEPTABLE!!! Last thing I would like to mention is that this campground although beautiful is extremely EXPENSIVE!! Make sure you bring your ATM card because you will need it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mamabug67
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I’m so glad you took the time to share your experiences following the past weekend. I can’t refute any of your comments. I would say the majority of our sites, while quite large and easily accessible, are placed close together. Having grown up camping primarily in state parks where your sites are tucked into wooded nooks and crannies, I always like to suggest to first time guests to take a look at our website so that you can get an idea of the way our sites appear in comparison to those of other parks. For folks staying together this set up can be ideal, but for those looking for a more rustic retreat I hope they appreciate the tip. With regards to the Kamper’s Kitchen, just last Wednesday we met with the folks running it. Having successfully operated several full service dine in restaurants in the area, a smaller concession style facility was new to them. I know they are trying very hard to find their niche working in this new setting with an entirely new team of support staff, but I feel they would whole-heartedly agree that they have a ways to go to get their routine ironed out. Lastly, your comments about your son’s birthday party really hit home. I can understand your frustration and even embarrassment over the parking situation. I’m sure you spent quite some time organizing things on your end, and I feel awful that our parking plans put your event into a chaotic scene that you did not appreciate. I’m very sorry for the way this affected your visit to the park and I do feel your points are valid. Thank you for the kind words you began your review with, you were very generous to start off that way, and I commend you on your fairness. Most importantly, I appreciate your honesty and I would like you to know that after all these years, we still have work to do. Thank you for letting us know what areas we need to focus on, and again, my sincerest apologies for your disappointment. I do hope your son enjoyed his special day.
Respectfully yours,
Guest Relations Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Liberty, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This campground is Awesome! Just got in too late and leaving too early. Wish we could stay the rest of our New England trip here... The road to the park was a little small so I was nervous of what we'd find, but when you turn the corner and see the entrance you stop worrying. It had a three lanes for checking in, I'd guess up to 6 or more big rigs could be in line to check in and there'd be space. The grounds are really nice, level and spacious. The staff is friendly & knowledgeable. Plenty of room for walking and our dog LOVED the dog park... We weren't here long enough to use all the facilities, but this is definitely a destination spot... More than worth it! If we drive back out here someday, we'll definitely be staying here...

Room Tip: We didn't use the cabins, we were in a Motorhome.
1 Thank Joan W
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad to hear that your visit to the park exceeded your expectations as we do work hard to do just that! Next time your travels bring you back this way, I sure hope you’ll once again include us in your visit. Wishing you a safe journey back to Utah.
Rockland, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We are frequent visitors to Normandy Farms (NF) and just returned from an awesome Mother's Day weekend. We camp here about 5 times a year for the past two years and have already booked another 5 visits for 2015. Our three young children ages 8,7, and 4 LOVE the playground. And weren't we surprised when they had the heated pool open this mother's day weekend. We all had a blast as always.

The Daniels family know how to make a great experience for all campers. (I especially loved the surprise mothers day massage at the wellness center). The campground is impeccable, always clean, including the bathrooms. The staff has always been helpful and playful with the children.

I am never disappointed at Normandy Farms!

Room Tip: If you have kids book a site near the playground.
      Rooms
1 Thank Deirdre H
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I loved to hear of your experience, it really makes all of our hard work worth it. I was working at the front desk in the Reception Center on Saturday during both the pancake breakfast and the Mother’s Day Reception. What a lot of lovely feedback I received! My granddaughter is almost 3 and I haven’t brought her to the playground since last fall, I am really looking forward to see just a 6 months will help her experience it in a whole new way. The only thing is, she will never want to leave  On another note, I think I met your littlest one Saturday when she came in with her Dad to rent movies – I hope she was happy with her selection.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience ~ Lisa
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is the place we go for our annual shake down cruise in our RV since we know if things go awry there is a store to buy forgotten cables and necessities. In addition, the staff is invariably helpful. When we got a new (well, for us, we traded up to a 1997) rig last year and couldn't figure out how to set up the cable, the welcome crew worked in the rain with us until we figured it out. This time we had a hose problem and one of the grounds crew came over and with a few strong turns of the attaching hose put everything right. Our dogs give Normandy "paws up" for a large, well designed dog park with double gates so rascals can't escape and with modified agility equipment so the dogs can have fun. Descriptions of their sites is accurate and there are many pull-thru sites for big rigs and for us oldsters. Their pumping station is in an odd spot among camp sites and often has a wait, but the indoor recreation area and the food court are top notch.

2 Thank Grandmas_go
Welcome back! Glad to hear that we had just what you needed to prepare yourself and your camper for the season. I will be sure to share your “thumbs up” to our Rangers for assisting you. Even with a little rain, it’s the guests make it all worthwhile. We really appreciate your kind words.
Lisa Pascale, Proud Normandy Farms Team Member since 1980
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first camping trip in many years. The weather was mostly good. Some rain on saturday evening but it didnt spoil anything. Nice pancake breakfast that was free for moms on saturday morning. Yummy. Many activities available. Pool spa massage. Most of all relaxation

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
So glad that you enjoyed your weekend! It sounds like you had a chance to experience many of our special events where we aim to spoil the moms. It was fun to see the Recreation Department dressed to the nines to complete the elegance we had hoped to achieve during the reception. There’s nothing like being spoiled with a chocolate fountain served by polite young men and ladies who want you to feel like a queen for the day!
ps – if you think Mother’s Day was fun, you ought to consider a visit for Father’s Day!
We hope to see you camping again soon!
Foxboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I camped here in our diesel pusher motor home for 5 nights during the first week of May. This is a fabulous campground. Large spacious camp sites with W-E-S located close for easy hook-ups. Several outdoor pools and an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, which is great for the colder weather. Nice snack bar & ice cream location with plenty of under-tent seating. Well stocked camp store located at the office, beautiful basketball court and playgrounds with plenty to do for kids.

The "Pros" are plentiful in this beautifully maintained campground. Too many to list, but take my word this is a truly nice camping location. The only "Con" that I feel is necessary to mention is: "the road situation around the campground." Other than the entry area being paved roads, the rest of the campground roads are gravel & dirt. The main roads that go through the campground are unfortunately more dirt than gravel. The side roads that give you direct access to the camp sites are less traveled and tend to have somewhat more gravel. Our campsite was located on the corner of one of the main roads and side road. The main road is busy with Rv's coming and going, plus trucks, cars, etc. Even a vehicle driving slowly would raise a dust storm that would blow every direction at the mercy of the wind. We had to keep our windows in the motorhome shut for this reason. Worse yet was being outside and walking on this road. The dust from passing vehicles would choke you and burn your eyes, not to mention covering your clothes with enough dust you had to brush yourself off. This was not a good experience to say the least. Travel on the side roads leading to your camp site was also dusty, but less vehicles on these roads made it more bearable. Our humble recommendation would be to pave at least the main roads cutting through the campground and also the perimeter roads as well. Paving the side roads would also be great, but I know paving is expensive and at least the main roads would be a tremendous improvement. Mothers pushing babies and walking with youngsters were literally being crop-dusted by passing vehicles. Many folks complained in conversations about this very problem, but this is normally as far as it goes. Many folks also said, "this is a resort style campground and they charge a resort price for camping here, they should at least improve these roads so we can stop eating & breathing road dust." I agree with this logic !!!!!

Overall this is a truly nice campground with the availability for both adults & kids to have fun and enjoy themselves. Upgrade improvements to the roads would eliminate the airborne dust problem and rectify this situation. Otherwise, a truly nice camping experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Neil, your frank explanation of the roads is accurate. We’ve been working on upgrading our sites to include 50 amp electric service and cable TV. Once this project is complete and we are finished digging trenches to run these services, we intend to pave the main roads throughout the park. We appreciate your patience as we work toward providing these improved services. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
Thanks Neil - Happy Spring!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The worst possible customer service. Board of Health should fine this property for not having any bathroom facilities for guests during water main repair. No notification to guests that there was a problem, just locked bathrooms. No compensation for guests for the complication of having to scramble off property to find bathroom facilities for their children. Extremely disappointed in lack of concern in having a back up plan in place or that money was spent for a stay at their property for a product they couldn't deliver. Just totally disgusted. They should be ashamed. I will report them to the appropriate authorities but also want to share this horrible experience.

Room Tip: Don't rely on their facilities to be open
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
I hear you loud and clear. I know how much we disappointed you and I had tried to express in previous correspondence with you how sincerely sorry we were, and still are. Any issue that affects our guests is important to us. When someone has a problem, we want to hear about it. We need to hear about it. We need to own that issue and find a way to ensure that future guests will not have the same experience. For those reading this, here is a summary of the situation:
On Saturday, April 26th, the Town of Foxboro experienced an unexpected water main break on West Street, which is where we are located. During that time, the local neighborhood and campground had no running water. The water remained off while the repair to the 10-inch main was completed. This lasted throughout the day. With no water, our guidelines suggested by local authorities included rendering the restrooms inoperable for both guests and employees, this would include the pool areas as well. Our snack bar was able to serve our guests with food items that required no or little water to prepare. Our camp store was open with bottled water and ice. We extended the activities in an effort to keep our guests entertained during this challenging time. Calls were placed to local portable toilet providers, and we were told that they would be available for delivery the next day. We located restroom facilities outside of the park that were not affected by the water outage and directed our guests there for some relief. We spoke with many guests via phone and our Ranger did his best to communicate the status of the water problems to our guests, as did the Recreation Department and other team members on duty. Signs were posted on all buildings that were open at that time explaining the water outage.
We did not have a backup plan in place for the lack of restrooms. To be honest, this had never happened to us before. We just were not prepared. We learned a very important lesson that day. Every incident is an opportunity to become more educated, to learn how to communicate better and to learn about other alternatives. We have started researching the addition of alternative facilities to our park, which will most likely be composting toilets. We are committed to satisfying our guests. Thank you for providing the opportunity to share this experience with others who may not have taken the time to write to us.
Respectfully yours,
Lisa Pascale – Guest Relations Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!