“Great sushi buffet”

Good for: Child-friendly
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great sushi buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went there after hearing good things from two friends of mine. All you can eat sushi for $20 lunch or dinner (except Fri and Sat night when it is $23).

The sushis and other sides are made to order, right when you order. I got several rolls and sashimi pieces. The dragon roll and spider roll were very good. The angel roll was just ok. The sashimi pieces were nice and fresh, I got white tuna, unagi, spicy tuna, striped bass and regular tuna. We also shared the seaweed salad, shumai and scallion pancakes.

Overall a yummy experience...and you can keep ordering until you are full. Beware, if you leave sushi on your plate, you get charged $1 per piece....so don't waste food, like your Mama said.. lol..

Visited April 2014

Boston, MA
“Excellent Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I shared a delightful Valentine's dinner at this somewhat crowded pan-Asian restaurant (it used to be a Friendly's). They were out of the sea bass, which would have been our first choice, so we picked two other dishes: my wife the seafood in bird's nest, I the Indonesian Sampan Delight. Curiously, they both looked quite similar, coming in a skullcap size "nest" of sorts that held the medium-sized portion of deliciousness. My wife's was a rich mixture of lobster, scallops, shrimp, and other seafood, with a few vegetables thrown in. Mine was a mixture of string beans, chicken, beef, shrimp, scallops, and peppers (I had asked them to hold the onions). The ingredients were clearly fresh and well prepared -- though I was hoping for a bit more zest and/or spice. I also sampled the salad with ginger dressing. It was very tasty, though light on the ingredients other than iceberg lettuce. The salmon roe sashimi was beautifully presented in a tiny cup of radish (perhaps). But the salmon roe was pedestrian I thought -- just out of a jar (then again, how else does one get salmon roe these days -- I don't imagine any sushi place actually scrapes from the innards of an actual salmon). All tolled, we were pleased but not over-the-moon at the place. A bit too crowded for romance, but the price was right. Also, I should mention that many seem to be there for the all-you-can-eat sushi -- that goes all or almost all nights of the week for the ultra-modest price of $20-23 (depending on the night). I think I'd go back just for that.

• Visited February 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Fantastic-all you can eat sushi! Wonderful environment-two waiters in particular, Johnny and Gary have been nothing short of outstanding. Great service, great food and a fair price! Try it!

• Visited November 2013
Winchester, MA
“Amazing food, All you can eat, Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

So glad I found the reviews of this place and gave it a try. A small restaurant, pretty unassuming from the outside, but the lack of architecure or decor is completely made up by the food and service. Each person who interacted with our table was pleasant, professional and helpful. We started with appetizers: avacado salad, spring rolls and crab rangoon. Really tasty and fresh. The sushi and hand rolls that followed were outstanding. I didn't go too crazy with all the specialty rolls; they all seemed to include something fried which i'm not a fan of. My boyfriend, on the other hand, loved everything. I stuck to the raw stuff, sushi and a few of the basics. The tuna is to die for. $23 per person on a Friday night, reasonable drink prices and some really great food. You just can't beat it!

• Visited October 2013
Foxboro, Massachusetts, Usa
“sushi bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went for their all you can eat sushi for $20. You can order an appetizer and 10 pieces of sushi to start and then you can order 10 more pieces. It was crowed the night we went with large parties so our waiter suggested we order our 10 pieces and add another 5 because it would be a long wait between orders. The only drawback is that if you do not finish all your meal, you get charged extra for all uneaten pieces of sushi. The food was excellent and the waiter was very helpful despite being very busy.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Asian Ginger? Share your experiences!