“Phenomenal Sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Phenomenal Sushi”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Out of the handful of local sushi restaurants I have tried, Asian Ginger proved high on my list. The sushi here is excellent. The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat deal for a standard price in which you can pick and choose soup/salad/sushi and more. If you are hungry, this would probably be the best option. However my brother and I decided differently, choosing to rather order a variety of sushi rolls the old fashioned way. Definitely try the "Sunshine Roll", it was out-of-this-world.
The bottom line is that Asian Ginger is a wonderful little place that serves some of the best sushi in Southeastern Mass, and if you are in the area, it would be wise to stop in.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AustintoBoston

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Best Sushi Around!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Asian Ginger is a small quaint restaurant in Foxboro. They are known for their all you can eat sushi. What is awesome about Asian Ginger is that even though it is all you can eat, all of the dishes are made to order. I know that when I hear all you can eat Asian food, I think of bad buffets but that is not the case with Asian Ginger. The sushi is fresh and high quality. There is a great assortment that you can choose from. If you are a sushi lover, you must try this place. The Fantastic Roll is to die for! Staff member Johnny is always around to help you with a recommendation if you need some assistance. Be sure to check this place out!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tash0612
Bisbee, Arizona
“The worst Asian food I ever had”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I got the Malaysian curry beef lunch special. It was strangely bad. Lots of tofu, hunh? Did not see it mentioned on the menu. First time I have ever eaten it.

Potatoes were in this gruel medley as well and how I figured out this pre-prepared dish had been hanging around a long time as the potatoes absorbed random flavors. Eggplant and other veggies were mush. Unattractive dish as well. Server was bad and unresponsive. He brought out my brother's wickedly over-priced summer rolls-$9.00-10 minutes after he delivered the 2 other diner's dishes. Got they did not care.

My friend had the beef and broccoli. She said it was okay. Nice atmosphere if you like dark.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dave M
North Scituate, Rhode Island
“Charge randomly, should check your bill at paying”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food is okay, but the service was horrible. Especially when they would charge a two year old boy $10 for playing with the empty edamame shells. The server did asked me if he was gonna eat anything when we walk in and I said no. I didn't want the little one running around bothering other customers so he was playing with the empty edamame shells but the server said that he was eating it. I told the server guy that he was just playing with it, and he argues that everyone saw him eating it. Also, the server said food are to eat not to play with, well guess he never had any kid because he don't know that kid do play with foods. It soooo ridiculous that I have to pay 10 dollars for the little to play with empty edamame shells, we did not wasted any of the food and was trying to be nice but they aren't nice at all. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!!! if any of you go there please check your check make sure they don't charge you randomly!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Becky0526
Boston, Massachusetts
“Plan for extra time”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We went for the first time last evening. The restaurant is in a converted Friendly's, and they did it well. It is small, though. Three of the adults and a 9-yr-old had the sushi "buffet". This is not a long table, but a long menu on which you each, or as a group, decide on which sushi items you'd like to have. Each item comes with either 6 or 8 pieces, so if you like variety, you are best with a sharing plan. Once your first choices have arrived and been eaten, you may select another round. This is, I should mention, a buffet in that it's a flat rate and you can keep ordering additional rounds.

The sushi eaters were very, very happy. The only issue is that for a roomful of people ordering large plates of sushi, there are only two sushi chefs. There were two parties of ten or more people, so if your order was behind theirs, well, sit tight. With appetizers and two rounds of sushi, we were there for a bit over two hours. There were a large number of people waiting.

I ordered sesame chicken off the very nice regular menu, and although not thrilled, was very happy. My problem was that although I tried to eat slowly, I was finished long before everyone else. I don't know how to address that, except to ignore it and enjoy the evening.

With the fortune cookies, they offer orange halves, very cleverly cut and back in the rind cups. Pretty, delicious and unusual.

Visited May 2014