“awful”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Auburn, Maine, United States
“awful”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I would never stay at this place again.. very very poor customer service, I called down to get some towels brought up to me and the person that answered said "No you can come down here and get them yourself!" then hung up on me. I dont care how cheap the room was it should not be as gross as it was.. The box spring was all stained up and looked like it had blood all over it.. the dresser (which i would never have used anyway) was all messed up, handles falling off and all beat up!! Over all just a horrible hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Great for the price. The "club" is just another bar, pool tables, dart boards, dance floor with a good house band on the weekends: bar is noisy on weekends till 2 when they close. Practically right across the street from Patriots stadium. Price is good. A little bit older hotel, could use an update, but very clean and friend. Staff treats you more like a friend than a customer. Wifi is good. I stayed there for three weeks due to work. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

This is the most disgusting hotel ever. The club is a dump. Never go to Fusion. We had the worst experience there. Then the rooms were horrible. Smelled awful, dirty. The tv didn't work. There were swingers in the hotel. They had an event and charged for people to come and have sex with each other. This place sells sex. Beware.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Cowgirlxoxo
Woonsocket, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I just stayed here.. I sort of felt like I was walking into a horror movie. EVERYTHING smelled like cigarette smoke.. we checked in around 1am, but it was quite loud in there. It was a weekday night so I expected it to be a little on the quiet side atleast. There was a worker walking down the halls being extremely loud for this time of night. As we were walking to our room all we could hear was a dog barking.. extremely annoying. The room itself was OK.. looks like they were trying to update.. by looking at the recent pictures I think we may have gotten a room that hadn't been touched yet... they need to put more towels/hand towels in there.. maybe some tissues too. There was hair all over the towels I got. Had to leave the fan on in the bathroom to drown out the noise in the halls and above us.. I am not sure what was going on in the room above us but it was loud all night. Overall I wish I spent the extra money to go somewhere else :/

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michelleg89
Rochester
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We have been here for 1 hour and this is, by far, the worst hotel that I have ever attempted to stay at in my entire life. The entire hotel smells like smoke. People that live here walk their dogs through it. We had four people in a room to stay for a Patriots game, and they acted like it was the end of the world to get two extra towels so that all four of us were not sharing two towels. The manager yelled at us as we tried to point it out, and the bouncer at the "night club" was no help at all. Dried up puke was on the side of the bed, other people's hair was in the bath tub, downright discussing. P.S. we found dirty underwear in our room.

Room Tip: Do Not Ever Stay HERE!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miguel L
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My adventure almost did not include this hotel. I was going to use the coupon for the Super 8 down in North Attleboro, but since my job was taking place at Gilette Stadium, it made more sense to at least check out ABV first. I drove by the place, and saw a ton of cars and a sign saying BLUES FESTIVAL TONIGHT, and decided my mind had been made up for me. Most hotels have a boring club or lounge connected to them, but FUSION is a legit rock and roll club that holds a few hundred people. If you are traveling with kids or you are seeking a place that is really quiet and spotless... this place is not for you. If you are going to an event at the Stadium, and you are on a budget, you can't complain about too much, other than perhaps the prevalent smell of cigarette smoke.

Despite all of the people milling about the lobby and going in and out of the club, I walked up to the desk, and was attended to right away. I was given a double room at a "coupon" single rate of $49.99 (even though I had no coupon). The guy at the door to the club said he would waive the $10 cover to see the show, since I was a guest. Plenty of parking, and I chose to drive my Jeep to the smaller lot in back, away from all of the SUVs loading in and out of the show.

The room itself was fine. Very spacious. The bed was reasonably comfortable, and the sheets and blankets were old, but they were clean. Same for the pillows. I also had an office desk and chair, and a small table and easy chair for sitting options. The bathroom was renovated, and was very clean. Good water, but no towels upon check in. Fresh clean ones, still warm from the dryer arrived immediately upon request. The carpets seemed newer, and the window was definitely new, because there was no wallpaper around where the work had taken place. A minor eyesore, but worth it for the fact that there was no draft and the road noise from Route 1 was minimal. WiFi and Cable TV worked fine, as I watched the weather reports on Hurricane Sandy as it approached. A few hours after checking in... I get a message that my job at the stadium was canceled due to the storm. "Thank god there is a club next door", I said to myself.

It doesn't take long for a hotel to start looking a little unkempt after several blues bands have descended upon it, and ABV did look a little worse for wear the next day. So did I for that matter, since I had a six pack in the fridge and a few drinks at the club. I woke up at 5AM and Hurricane Sandy was whipping rain horizontally. I walked to the lobby and found fresh coffee, bagels, and OJ. When I asked if the coffee was decaf, the guy at the AM desk said, "Decaf doesn't exist here." Fine by me, but the orange handle on the coffee pot did throw me off. "That's because all of the brown handle pots got broken from being used." How can you argue with logic like that?

So while this was a less than average hotel, I give it an AVERAGE rating, because of the fact that they were attentive to my requests, gave me a break on the room price and waived the cover for the club admission. I've stayed in MUCH worse and paid more.

Good For: Music fans, sports fans, singles, friends, and people on a budget
Bad For: Families with younger kids, and people who don't like smoke, or music fans, sports fans, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

On the surface, it looks like they are really trying to make this place nice.... But unless they change some things, it will never be any good. The rooms are no smoking, but they allow smoking in the lobby and nightclub. On a Saturday night by 2am the smoke was coming into our room (very strong odor). There were 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) and we were given only 2 towels... No washcloths and no hand towels. On the first night we were given 2 new towels... Seemed almost brand new. Second night we were given 2 towels, both yellowed with age (yuck) and one had multiple stains including what looked like a blood stain. If they really want to make this place nice, they need to make some changes.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Comfort Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!