Reservation was made months in advance for a 2 double/queen beds. Upon arrival, we were told the reserved room was taken, but that they had a one king sized bed/room available. After complaining about the reservation the man at the front desk said that there was one 2 double bed room available, but "It's not usually a room they rent out to customers"!!!. It was described to us as a room used for the "local rift raft". Unknowingly we went to check it out (room 210) and it was literally something out of a movie. It was filled with a thick smoke and Pine Sol odor. Stains everywhere, claw marks on the headboard. It was prostitute / crack room no doubt. Also, there were 3 extremely sketchy men directly across our room which made our female companions quite uneasy. There were barking dogs in some of the adjacent rooms.
Returning to the front desk, we said that we will take the king bed/room and requested a cot (there were 4 of us). No cot was available we were told. Going to the new room (non-smoking wing & rooms) we were hit by an old cigarette stench in the hallway and it was no different in the room. Inside the bathroom there were dry yellow stains by the faucets and on the walls. We turned on the heat because it was quite cold and a strong burning smell emerged from the radiator.
Knowing 2 of us needed somewhere to sleep we went and bought a blow up mattress at Walmart. Upon returning to the hotel, we asked for extra sheets for the cot we had just bought, but were rudely told by the night manager that we can't have any because they don't come with the room. Probably for the best as their sheets all stunk and were a yellowish color. I went to get some ice and noticed that the interior of the ice machine was covered in a moist pink residue. My girlfriend being a Restaurant Manager informed me that is water mold.
Later that night a full on bachelor party began directly across from our room. There was loud music and people screaming for hours on end. If you are familiar with the Rick Flair "wooooooo" , it was as if he was in the room and endlessly was doing his famous call. Seeing as how the front desk was literally around the corner from that room, people must pay off the night manager to allow them to party. That kept us up until 3:30am. In the morning all of our throats were sore and clothes smelled of an old stale smoke (it was a non-smoking room). Also, the side door entrance to our wing was unlocked/broken and anyone can walk right in.
The next morning one of us went to ask for extra towels and the front desk man said that's not possible because they were hit hard on towels last night. My girlfriend voiced her opinion and was told that "if you don't like it, then check out!". Standing there with a blank look on our face, he noticed a couple of towels sitting to the side and unwillingly passed us those. After the Sunday Patriots game we were dreading returning to the hotel for our last night. Walking back we saw 3 large dogs enter the facility with what looked like people living there. The front hall had now been fully sprayed with Pine Sol and it was as if the front desk man had been chain smoking as it was cloudy. We quickly tried to sleep and left at the crack of dawn the next morning.
Worst ever. Do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Foxboro, Massachusetts. This city is home to Gillette Stadium, Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, and Foxboro Sports Center. Other popular local attractions include Attleboro Museum, Capron Park Zoo, and Wrentham Village Premium Outlets. Make sure to visit the Hall At Patriot Place, which is a modern museum that takes guests through New England football history in a cutting-edge way. Our property is also located less than 5 miles from the Plainridge Park Casino in Plainridge, MA. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the local restaurants such as Lafayette House, Chickie Flynn's, or Omega Pizza. Start your day right with our free continental breakfast, available daily from 6:30-10am with bagels, english muffins, pastries, and juice. Enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant, Fusion Bar and Grill. Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro offers a guest laundromat. Our front desk and lobby are open 24 hours/day. Enjoy a relaxing and peaceful stay in one of our guest rooms with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, cable TV with HBO, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, alarm clock, free local calls, and wake-up service. Pets are allowed, charges and restrictions apply. At Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Foxboro
- Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro