“Avoid at all costs!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Reservation was made months in advance for a 2 double/queen beds. Upon arrival, we were told the reserved room was taken, but that they had a one king sized bed/room available. After complaining about the reservation the man at the front desk said that there was one 2 double bed room available, but "It's not usually a room they rent out to customers"!!!. It was described to us as a room used for the "local rift raft". Unknowingly we went to check it out (room 210) and it was literally something out of a movie. It was filled with a thick smoke and Pine Sol odor. Stains everywhere, claw marks on the headboard. It was prostitute / crack room no doubt. Also, there were 3 extremely sketchy men directly across our room which made our female companions quite uneasy. There were barking dogs in some of the adjacent rooms.

Returning to the front desk, we said that we will take the king bed/room and requested a cot (there were 4 of us). No cot was available we were told. Going to the new room (non-smoking wing & rooms) we were hit by an old cigarette stench in the hallway and it was no different in the room. Inside the bathroom there were dry yellow stains by the faucets and on the walls. We turned on the heat because it was quite cold and a strong burning smell emerged from the radiator.

Knowing 2 of us needed somewhere to sleep we went and bought a blow up mattress at Walmart. Upon returning to the hotel, we asked for extra sheets for the cot we had just bought, but were rudely told by the night manager that we can't have any because they don't come with the room. Probably for the best as their sheets all stunk and were a yellowish color. I went to get some ice and noticed that the interior of the ice machine was covered in a moist pink residue. My girlfriend being a Restaurant Manager informed me that is water mold.

Later that night a full on bachelor party began directly across from our room. There was loud music and people screaming for hours on end. If you are familiar with the Rick Flair "wooooooo" , it was as if he was in the room and endlessly was doing his famous call. Seeing as how the front desk was literally around the corner from that room, people must pay off the night manager to allow them to party. That kept us up until 3:30am. In the morning all of our throats were sore and clothes smelled of an old stale smoke (it was a non-smoking room). Also, the side door entrance to our wing was unlocked/broken and anyone can walk right in.

The next morning one of us went to ask for extra towels and the front desk man said that's not possible because they were hit hard on towels last night. My girlfriend voiced her opinion and was told that "if you don't like it, then check out!". Standing there with a blank look on our face, he noticed a couple of towels sitting to the side and unwillingly passed us those. After the Sunday Patriots game we were dreading returning to the hotel for our last night. Walking back we saw 3 large dogs enter the facility with what looked like people living there. The front hall had now been fully sprayed with Pine Sol and it was as if the front desk man had been chain smoking as it was cloudy. We quickly tried to sleep and left at the crack of dawn the next morning.

Worst ever. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nuscas

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for 1 night and left early the next day. Upon check in 2 times my key did not open the room on the 3rd time they sent me to a different room which was to my surprise OCCUPIED!!! I walked in on a woman it was mortifying!! They then put me back in the original room and FINALLY got me in there. I was now running late to where I needed to be so I did not have time to examine the room. When I got back I found the fridge was gross and had no shelves. The carpet had mystery stains and the bathroom was NASTY!!!! There were even blood droplets on the door. I thought this was bad but yet more happened ...at 7am someone entered our room!!!! Our door was locked so they master keyed it and to boot the extra security lock on the door was broken so we couldn't even use it. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! Mr. Patel the owner promised a refund on the stay and 2 months later it still has not been refunded and now he will not answer or return my multiple phone calls. The board of health should shut this place down and America's Best should pull their franchising license.

3  Thank Christie M
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Younger guy @ check-in, very short, no smile. Hallways smell of stale cigarettes. Doors to rooms open, in disarray. Our room was out dated, but not too bad on the cleanliness dept. Unpacked and left for a night @ Patriot Place. Came back around 11pm, locked out of the room, because the kid (who hates his job) didn't charge my card right. Anyway straightened that out. Went to have a beer in the bar (Fusion) Band playing, but they wouldn't accept out of state drivers License, because Arizona doesn't make you renew till your 60. Oh well. Left room in the morning at 930am, and came back around 6pm. Room was never cleaned, went to the desk for fresh towels. Kid was there again..uuugghh. Got up in the morning, to go tailgate prior to Patriots game, short walk to stadium( 1 mile). Left our car in Hotel lot, saved $40.00 I would stay again if if is just the guys

Room Tip: Farthest from Nightclub as you can
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The only upside to this place is that the rooms are cheap. The room my mother and I are staying in is absolutely gross, and you notice as soon as you walk in. The hallway that we stayed in was all non-smoking rooms and yet it smells of cigarettes and marijuana. The bathroom counter is literally duct taped together. There's a gross mystery stain on the carpet in front of the dresser, and there are literally no shelves inside the dirty looking refrigerator. My mother is allergic to feather pillows and they didnt have any foam pillows even though her reservation gave her an option for a no feather room. she's asleep using the comforter as a pillow. This is a sad excuse for a relaxing night away from home, and all i have to say is thank god there's a bar in the motel because you need to get drunk just to sleep here. At the ridiculously priced bar.

Having a really bad night. Wish me luck

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different motel
2  Thank Kayla M
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I would never stay at this place again.. very very poor customer service, I called down to get some towels brought up to me and the person that answered said "No you can come down here and get them yourself!" then hung up on me. I dont care how cheap the room was it should not be as gross as it was.. The box spring was all stained up and looked like it had blood all over it.. the dresser (which i would never have used anyway) was all messed up, handles falling off and all beat up!! Over all just a horrible hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Great for the price. The "club" is just another bar, pool tables, dart boards, dance floor with a good house band on the weekends: bar is noisy on weekends till 2 when they close. Practically right across the street from Patriots stadium. Price is good. A little bit older hotel, could use an update, but very clean and friend. Staff treats you more like a friend than a customer. Wifi is good. I stayed there for three weeks due to work. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

This is the most disgusting hotel ever. The club is a dump. Never go to Fusion. We had the worst experience there. Then the rooms were horrible. Smelled awful, dirty. The tv didn't work. There were swingers in the hotel. They had an event and charged for people to come and have sex with each other. This place sells sex. Beware.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Cowgirlxoxo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Comfort Inn
4 mi away
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!