I was to be a guest at the motel in Foxboro, MA. When I arrived, after a very long day, and went to check in my reservation that I had made the day before. There were no non-smoking rooms available. After waiting five minutes. I was told that a room had become available and that it was "*pause* non-smoking." I even asked the woman, since she had paused and gulped before saying "non-smoking" if it was in fact a non-smoking room, because I was a severe asthmatic and could not be in a smoking room, and she verified that it was a non-smoking room. I went upstairs to check it out. The room was filled with smoke, and smelled like someone had just gone in and sprayed dollar store lysol in the room after chain smoking a pack of cigarettes. Being a severe asthmatic I immediately had an asthma attack. There was a fine layer of cigarette ash all over the table immediately entering the room. Obviously that was NOT a non-smoking room. Also, the TV had been left on and was so loud that I could barely hear. None of the lights worked in the room. I am not even going to go into the details of the unsavory characters that were, as I was told, living in the hotel for a number of years. As a single women, traveling by myself I felt unsafe. After traveling across this country by car by myself and staying in many motels in small towns outside of cities, I have never felt more concerned for my well being anywhere. And I was only there for about 20 minutes. I will never go to another Americas Best Value Inn and tell anyone that I know to avoid them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Foxboro, Massachusetts. This city is home to Gillette Stadium, Major League Soccer's New England Revolution, and Foxboro Sports Center. Other popular local attractions include Attleboro Museum, Capron Park Zoo, and Wrentham Village Premium Outlets. Make sure to visit the Hall At Patriot Place, which is a modern museum that takes guests through New England football history in a cutting-edge way. Our property is also located less than 5 miles from the Plainridge Park Casino in Plainridge, MA. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the local restaurants such as Lafayette House, Chickie Flynn's, or Omega Pizza. Start your day right with our free continental breakfast, available daily from 6:30-10am with bagels, english muffins, pastries, and juice. Enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant, Fusion Bar and Grill. Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro offers a guest laundromat. Our front desk and lobby are open 24 hours/day. Enjoy a relaxing and peaceful stay in one of our guest rooms with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, cable TV with HBO, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, alarm clock, free local calls, and wake-up service. Pets are allowed, charges and restrictions apply. At Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Foxboro
- Americas Best Value Inn Foxboro