“Avoid at all costs!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I was to be a guest at the motel in Foxboro, MA. When I arrived, after a very long day, and went to check in my reservation that I had made the day before. There were no non-smoking rooms available. After waiting five minutes. I was told that a room had become available and that it was "*pause* non-smoking." I even asked the woman, since she had paused and gulped before saying "non-smoking" if it was in fact a non-smoking room, because I was a severe asthmatic and could not be in a smoking room, and she verified that it was a non-smoking room. I went upstairs to check it out. The room was filled with smoke, and smelled like someone had just gone in and sprayed dollar store lysol in the room after chain smoking a pack of cigarettes. Being a severe asthmatic I immediately had an asthma attack. There was a fine layer of cigarette ash all over the table immediately entering the room. Obviously that was NOT a non-smoking room. Also, the TV had been left on and was so loud that I could barely hear. None of the lights worked in the room. I am not even going to go into the details of the unsavory characters that were, as I was told, living in the hotel for a number of years. As a single women, traveling by myself I felt unsafe. After traveling across this country by car by myself and staying in many motels in small towns outside of cities, I have never felt more concerned for my well being anywhere. And I was only there for about 20 minutes. I will never go to another Americas Best Value Inn and tell anyone that I know to avoid them.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ralfy235

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Last year was my first visit to Boston, My son and I went to see a Patriot Game we flew all the way from Puerto Rico we arrived on a Friday Night and departed Sunday after the game. All I have to say about the place is that the employees there were very kind and helpful. The only bad thing is the cigarette smell they should not permit people to smoke in the rooms the room I was supposed to stay in was not ready so they gave me a larger room but it stunk like cigarette I had to go to Target and Purchase carpet powder and spray to take some of the smell away other than that everything else was ok. The price is pretty good. By the way I will be staying there again in two weeks to see a game.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We were visiting relatives in the area and chose this hotel based upon the reviews because we were not going to be there during a Patriot's home game or other Gillette Stadium event. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday in a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. This is definitely a hotel that caters to the Gillette crowd and I can totally believe the other reviews about noise on weekends with the nightclub on site.

The lobby was a little smoky, but that is because Massachusetts still allows the smoking areas to be right outside the door. Mr. Patel was warm and welcoming and when I showed him our coupon he was very accommodating and we were checked into our room within 15 minutes. The room had a small fridge and a microwave, which was a nice touch. All in all, considering we paid $52 per night we were very happy. There is also a coffee pot and extra coffee was available at the front desk. We could have stayed someplace else at $175 a night but that just didn't make sense, since we only needed a clean and quiet place to sleep.

If you are traveling here, be aware of events at Gillette Stadium. Since this hotel is within walking distance it does fill up on event nights and will be loud and boisterous at those times. The bands they have at the club are pretty good and live music happens Thursday -Saturday. The club seems to be a local hot-spot and we saw posters for the bands other places in town. We never got to the breakfast, as we both enjoyed the luxury of sleeping in both mornings.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I was told, when I booked this hotel back in June, that the room rate was $55.00 per night. When we arrived, we were told that anytime the Patriots had a game, it would be $125 per night. Will fight this with my credit card, but probably won't win as I never got a confirmation in writing. The fully-tattooed girl who checked us in said if we booked it online, we would have gotten that rate if we booked way in advance. Well, I tried booking in advance with "End Zone Motor Inn" but it didn't have a website. If I knew it was actually called the "America's Best Value Inn" it might have worked... The hotel is pretty dumpy looking outside, but has a nice restaurant/bar inside. Our room was definitely nothing special, just a place to sleep. The morning we arrived, my husband checked the ice machine. It was fully stocked and ready to go. Later on in the afternoon, it was duct-taped and said "out of order". The following morning, the tape was off and the machine was working again. It seems like they knew people would be partying and just turned off the machine. Low class! Oh, and before I forget, the continental breakfast area was full of fruit flies. Gross! You learn by your mistakes.. I won't be telling any of our friends about this place. If you want any more info, just let me know.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We were greeted by an overly casual receptionist, who told us to use the side door, since it was closer to our room, and this door was flanked by overflowing garbage cans and a shopping cart full of empty beer bottles.
the room was shabby, the dirty carpet had a bad smell, i was afraid to shower, the window screens and microwave were broken, there were holes in the wall, there was no coffee maker or internet. there was a noisy motorcycle dealer across the street and a noisy bar band at night.
but the sheets were suprprisingly clean, and we needed a place to sleep after a concert, and the location was just right for gillete stadium or mansfield venues.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2009

My son and I stopped at this hotel to stay the night when we were traveling during a snow storm. It was run down, seedy and dirty. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke. I noticed that there was no toilet paper and the man at the desk told me I was "lucky" because the toilet paper delivery had just come in. There were leftovers from previous tenants in the refrigerator. We couldn't stand the thought of actually sleeping in that bed so off we went into the storm.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Kebob
Reviewed 22 December 2008

We showed up and were give our room key. When we went to our room and opened the door the room had not been cleaned, as the beds were a mess paper all over the place and used towels in the bathroom. We went back to the front desk and told them the the room was not clean so they gave us another room and off we went, only to find the same result, and this happened a third time. Finally they want us to go down the street to another hotel, which maybe we should have done. They finally had someone come in and clean the room and make it up. Thank god we watched them cause they were going to put the same blankets back on the bed and these were the blankets that were all messed up on the floor with the old sheets, we had to request that new blankets be put on. Also, check out states that it is 11am which is what the sign says behind the desk. At 9:45 we get a call asking us why we have not checked out as check out is 9:30 am if there is an event at the stadium. WE stated that we were not told this and that it is not posted anywhere. Bathroom was still not the best as there were hairs everywhere. I know the price was under $100, but this hotel needs to show some improvement in cleaning and at least put clean blankets on and when I say blankets I don't mean the comforter. If I had been with my family I would have walked right out of this place as it is a total dive, worst hotel ever.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jassmiley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Comfort Inn
4 mi away
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!