“Great hotel, okay location”

Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here so we could have a night out at Patriots Place. It was a good 10-15 minutes away from Patriots Place, but I didn't see any hotels closer. When we checked in we were surprised to be upgraded to a much bigger room. The room was beautiful and trendy, with flat screen TV's, kitchen, two bed rooms and bathrooms. The staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was convenient. I assume they are in the process of renovating because the lobby and bfast area looked new, and our room was new, but the hallways looked old and worn. I wish the hotel was closer to the stadium but the price was reasonable and we had a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We only stayed at the hotel for one night as we were spending the week in Cape Cod. When we arrived, our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite was not ready but we only had to wait about 15 minutes. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. All rooms in the suite were very clean and the wireless worked in all rooms. There were two wedding parties staying at the hotel the Saurday evening we were there but there was plenty of free parking and the hotel was very quiet.

We have stayed at this property before and the remodeling they have done is very nice. We didn't get to enjoy the breakfast this time but to food looked good.

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Usually try to choose residence inn when I can. This one was ok, but fell short. Mostly due to price and cleanliness. I paid more to stay at this location for convenience over other Marriott's in the area and felt like I paid too much. Chose 2 bedroom suite which has kitchen. Wanted to be able to eat in when possible as one of my children has allergies. Had to clean dishes and counter when I arrived as they really were pretty dirty. Room had awful odour to it like they used a spray to cover up smell. I only mentioned it upon checkout as I knew the hotel was sold out and couldnt switch rooms. Girl at counter just looked at me, no comment. Bathroom also left me to wonder about cleaning, as there was dirt all over back of door. Pencil writing on shower, ? from recent renovation. But then have to think, how well do they clean. Also some hair in one of the bathroom showers. Room itself was well decorated, comfortable and had enough room, also very quite even though the hotel was booked. Mixed reveiws of staff, some pretty friendly and others .... not so much. Our Wifi only worked in one bedroom as well. Some staff not to helpful for direction or information as well. My younger son did like having outdoor pool! Breakfast food is ok, not enough fruit, but the kitchen staff were quite pleasant. I really dont think I would choose this spot again based on the amount I paid. The best part was convenience of location for my trip (if you are wanting to go to Boston or beach, this is too far), but after staying I now know the other chooses really are not too far. I enjoyed my stay in general for the fact of having 2 bedrooms and kitchen. Dont think I should have to pay that amount when I had to clean kitchen and bathroom when I arrived. (Good thing I always pack cleaning wipes)

Room Tip: Some rooms face outdoor swimming area, others face back parking area and trees. I enjoyed that we we...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have stayed here many times but for some reason on this trip we just didn’t feel the same about this hotel. We booked for four nights as they are priced well for the area and the rooms are spacious and well stocked, but this room seemed quite a bit smaller than on previous stays. Upon check in, we found our room was as far away from the one elevator as possible and immediately made our lives difficult as my wife has back issues and could not go up / down the nearby stairs. In our room, we discovered that the “L” shaped couch left the desk area so cramped that I had to push it towards the door to make desk chair accessible. This is a one-king bed room, but smaller and a different configuration then what we had on all our previous stays here. There was something spilled down the wall in between the night stand and the bed with debris on the floor. Housekeeping did clean it but this should not have been overlooked. The bed was not very comfy and the walls seemed paper thin. We always ask for high floor, but they were very full and gave us a second floor room. We had some very heavy steppers above us that kept us awake at night. Not the hotels fault, but we were only there to get a good night sleep. The coffee pot was broken and the staff replaced it the next day – but again, this should not have been overlooked. There was also a spoon left in the sink drain / garbage disposal, shower and face towels were so difficult to get that we had to use pool towels. On the good side, the internet worked very well, the grounds were ample – nicely landscaped and fun to walk around. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was very good. This is a well-priced hotel in a convenient location and overall I would still recommend this hotel, but make sure to get a third floor outside room, nearer to the elevator or a ground floor outside corner.

Room Tip: make sure to get a third floor outside room, nearer to the elevator or a ground floor outside corner...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

LIED TO BY THIS MARRIOTT STAFF AND MORNING MANAGER!!

We arrived at this Hotel, which was under construction - neither the web site or ANY emails from Marriott Rewards warning us of this after we booked.

I said to the representative checking us in "Your web site does not say you are under construction" she laughed and look at another girl standing to her left, The Housekeeping Supervisor. The Housekeeping Supervisor spoke up and said, "No, our web site does not tell you that."

We arrived at the hotel around 12:00. We requested "Early Check in" on our Reservation. I was told that we had to wait until 3:00.. I did not understand this seeing that we are Rewards Members and we requested this feature.

When it came time to check in, the Housekeeping Supervisor returned to the front desk and said, "You cannot check them in. (She said someone's name but I did not catch it) Does not want anyone checked in on the first floor yet." The Representative looked up at me and said, "You requested a Handicapped unit?" I said, "No".. She went on to explain that in my Rewards Profile it stated that I need a Handicapped Unit. I told her that my profile does not say that. She said that was the only Two Bedroom she had available because there was a Wedding Party staying in the Hotel and it was sold out. I asked, "Does having a handicapped room make the over all room size smaller due to the increased bathroom size?" I was told, "No, not at all".

We agreed to the room, because we needed a room. The Housekeeping Supervisor said "It is going to be a little bit longer because we are switching out the beds in the room for King Sized Beds" she even made a comment that we would be the "First ones to ever sleep in these beds". So again, I waited.

At this point I just wanted to get into a room and get settled, I had a lot to do that evening.

About another half hour later, the Housekeeping Supervisor returned and said, "You are all set". I returned to the Desk and was issued room # 125.

We were not able to walk through the Hotel, because they were doing construction. We had to exit the lobby and go around back to door # 3 and enter that way.. minor inconvenience, but not one to harp on. After all, as I said above, At this point I just wanted to get into a room and get settled.

I found the room on a hallway that was full, and I do mean FULL, of construction debris. Furniture, carpet scraps, plastic and other items.. along with about 10 workers littered the hall.

I walked through the door to the room and about died. The room was so small. This was not the rooms that they show on their web site. The show large rooms with fireplaces.. large kitchens with full size appliances, a large living room.... Two Beds in one room and a King in the other is shown as well. I looked in the bedrooms and there were only QUEENS. What happened to this nice brand new King Bed that we were going to be the "First ones to ever sleep in these beds"? This room looked like a basement apartment - no fireplace, no lamps or tables in the living room..

The Bedroom door on the right, as you come in the door, had a large crack that looks like someone tried to fix with caulk (YES We have a picture) - there was blue painters tape stuck all over the room where it looks like the finish crew did not do their job.. we removed most of it (YES We have a picture).. there was Styrofoam peanuts broken up and scattered all over the floor. My wife and friend cleaned them up.. the stove is missing the knobs required to operate it - the bedroom door knob is on backwards (YES We have a picture), this locking my wife and I in the bedroom. There was only one phone in the room, and it was not in the room we were locked in.. so we could not call for help. We were finally able to get the door open ourselves.

Over all the room was only about 500 SQ FT, and this is being generous.

After I checked in, I noticed $50.00 OVER my confirmed rate was charged to my Credit Card. I have NEVER had a Marriott place a "Hold" on funds on my Credit Card.

I dealt with all of this because the Hotel was Sold Out, so they say, and there was really no where else to go. We dealt with all of the above. All of the noise from the Construction, the Carpet Installers outside of our door rather late Friday.. then again all day again on Saturday... THEN woke up this morning to a text message on my Cell Phone from my Credit Card Company saying Marriott placed a hold on another $10.00 - THAT WAS IT!! I called the front desk and they told me they have no record of this Charge and wanted an "Approval Number" for the transaction. I went on to share my wonderful experience I was having at their lovely Hotel, and I was placed on hold. Someone else came on the phone and I went over all of this again. They told me that I was in the largest room the have in the hotel, they have no records of additional charges... blah blah blah.. but not ONE TIME did they apologize to me for having this experience on their property.

We registered with 5 Guests, thinking this room was as shown on the Internet - 2 beds on one room, a Sleep Sofa and a pull out. 3 Were able to stay because of the SMALL SIZE of the Room and 2 had to find other accommodations several miles away.

I informed the person I was speaking to that I would be contacting Corporate for Marriott and was informed that I "Have that right".

I was embarrassed to have my friends stay with me in this room. This room, and the Staff of this Residence Inn, did not meet the high standards that we have come to expect from the Marriott Brand. I did not receive the value in this Residence Inn for the money I paid for this room. I also had to cover another hotel for my additional friends to stay in because this room would not accommodate all of us.

As we were pulling out of the parking space near Door # 3 this afternoon, I looked up and saw the Housekeeping Supervisor holding Door # 4 open and smoking a cigarette. This did not look professional in anyway to see an employee smoking in plain sight of Guests.

I arrived home this evening and looked up my credit card charges. I was charged $1.00.. $430.00 and $10.00 by this Residence Inn, for a Reservation that was only supposed to be around $330 @ $170.00 per night, plus tax.. local tax and all of that.. I get that.. BUT not all of the additional funds. No Phone Calls were made, no movies were ordered, no room service of any kind..........

I will not be retuning to this Hotel.

Room # 125
6/8 - 6/9/2012

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank BuddyNShari
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We certainly strive to provide the best experience possible for your stay and your feedback is very valuable. As you noted, we are finishing up our renovation and the room that you received had just been finished and should not have been given to you. I sincerely apologize for the items you noted in your room as you should not have had to deal with them. I also apologize for the experience you encountered with our staff and I assure you it is not typical of our hotel or Marriott in general. We have spoken to the individuals involved and I am confident it will not occur again. In regards to billing, our hotel does authorize your credit/debit card for the entire length of your stay and an additional amount for incidentals. Any amount of your final charges is returned within a couple of days depending on your bank. Again, I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations during your stay and assure you that it is not indicative of our hotel overall.Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to discuss this situation with you personally

Michael Gendrin

Residence Inn Boston-Foxborough
250 Foxborough Blvd
Foxboro, MA 02035

P: (508) 698-2800
F: (508) 698-2822
mgendrin@colwenhotels.com

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here for one night after an event in the area. Nothing luxurious but had the basic comforts of home. No complaints at all. Good size room. Bed was comfy. Room was clean and stocked. Location worked well for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here after a wedding in October, the night that we got hit with that rare snowstorm. All of Foxboro had lost electricity, to include the hotel. We were a little surprised they didn't have generators to produce lights. But they did not charge us for our one night stay. The room was very spacious, very comfortable bed, with extra pillows and blankets. But since there was no electricity, that meant no heat or hot water, which was bad considering my bf and I were extremely sick with the flu, but the extra blankets came in handy.

They also gave us glow sticks to use in the rooms since there was no electricity. We were happy we weren't charged since we really did not have full use of the room except the bed and cold water.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Foxborough, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as well as the situation we all went through in October. As you noted the entire town of Foxborough was without power which left ourselves and other area hotels scrambling to assist guests and residents. During this time we tried our best to accommodate guests by finding alternate hotels in nearby communities as well as providing extra blankets and emergency lighting. We are constantly looking to improve our hotel and we are currently looking at emergency generator options. I am so sorry that you and your boyfriend were not feeling well during this time and if there’s anything we can do for you please let us know.

Michael Gendrin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Residence Inn Boston Foxborough? Share your experiences!