“Housekeeping?”

Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The price is good. I was a little disturbed by the suspicious looking white, dripping stains on the curtains, right behind the chair, Also, having to call for toilet paper, because there isn't enough to finish your business, is aggravating, to say the last. I would have liked to have the option of being able to open the window, since it was a smoking room. The staff was friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Dan F, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Christie,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had a problem while you stayed with us. I would be very happy to hear from you so I can find out what room you stayed in and rectify the situation. I can assure you that this is not the normal practice here as we do take a lot of pride in keeping all of our rooms clean and comfortable and in good working condition.
I would really appreciate the opportunity in having you stay with us again and showing you that we have the cleanest rooms in Framingham.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed here many nights and love it. The rooms I've stayed in are large, clean and quiet. I wouldn't stay here if I needed or wanted to be close to Boston because you're about a half hour away but this hotel is close to most things in Boston Metro West and you can't beat the price for what you get. I always stay here when seeing my family as I enjoy visiting my family but do not enjoy staying with them!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us while visiting your family. We appreciate the kind comments in your review. I hope you are taking part in our redicard program which allows you to build points in getting a free night and we have our currently having a summer tour that if you stay twice, you will get a free night and that runs until the end of August. Did you also know that we are just a few miles from public transportation into Boston which will be a lot less expensive then driving in and finding a parking lot.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a pretty clean place. Unfortunately, not all Red Roof Inns are like this.

Everything looks new and modern.

Unfortunately, there is that distinctive fragrance in all the Red Roof Inn rooms - not to my liking.

Check-in girl is very friendly and professional.

Quite a drive to the city but the savings is worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Dan F, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Max,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay with us and I showed the staff what you wrote and they are so happy to have read it, it really does make them feel good to know that they have done a good job.
I am sorry that there was a fragrance in your room, as a corporate owned property we use the same cleaning products across the brand. I am truly sorry that you did not like that. You can always call us the day of your arrival and ask that we don't spray the air freshener in the room that you will occupy.
I personally know that driving into Boston can be painful if you are going during rush hour, the good news is that we are just a few minutes away from the subway that can take you in and it's still a good value.
I hope you will come back and stay with us when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at many Red Roof Inn's and found this to be one of the best we've ever been in. Very clean, great value, easy access from Interstate, large selection of restaurants and gas stations, convenience stores around and churches. The bed was as comfortable as ours at home! Great nights sleep, quiet and great customer service by front desk. We were in town for concert at Gillette Stadium and we would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dan F, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am very happy to see that you had a great stay with us and I personally loved the comment about this one being one of your favorites. I see that you were impressed with the selection of shopping in the area. Did you know that Framingham/Natick is the largest retail shopping area in New England along with hundreds of restaurants to choose from.
Our mattresses were all replaced just within the last couple of years and we are very happy to hear that you found them to be very comfortable.
I hope you enjoyed yourself at the concert, and we look forward to seeing you again when you come back to this area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here several times during the last three years for college visits. This time their rate almost doubled (appx. $90) with no increase in amenities in order to take advantage of high demand time during commencement week. Unfortunately, the value of the room is much less. Towels and washcloths are paper thin. Pillows are cheap. Mattresses and box springs are worn. No shampoo. Had to wear socks on the carpet. Seemed much noisier than last visit. Crappy coffee. Overall, maybe worth $50 per night. Obviously, Red Roof Inn's definition of "Sleep Cheap" is not in reference to the price. Won't be back here or to Red Roof Inns.

Room Tip: Can't "add a tip to help travelers choose a good room" as I would not recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Unique R
Dan F, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be more than happy to try to explain some of your concerns. Most hotels do have a slow and busy season. In the spring and summer we do have higher rates than we do in the fall/winter. We try to make sure we are the best value in the area, and at $89.99 we have accomplished this goal.
Recently over the last couple of years we have replaced every mattress and box spring to the new Serta Superior rest package. I understand that not every guest has the same taste in bedding comfort, so I would like to apologize that you did not find the mattress to your satisfaction. if you can contact me to let me know what room you stayed in, I would like to make sure we do not have a defective box spring. You can reach me at i0068@redroof.com or calling me at 508-872-4499.
I am truly sorry that the housekeeper forgot to leave shampoo in your room, but at anytime if you need anything please call the front desk and we will be more than happy to bring it to your room.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in Framingham on business and this was the closest hotel to my destination. The pluses were that it was a clean room; free wi-fi, flat screen tv, refrigerator/microwave, price was good (my company paid)....the minuses were it has outdoor corridor rooms, which I don't prefer as a woman traveling alone, and no auto checkout with the bill under your door..you have to go to the front desk for a receipt......not a big deal, but a convenience I like at other hotels! Also no breakfast served here, but there is a Dunkin Donuts next door, so again no big deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time on writing a review about your stay with us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand your concerns about having rooms open outside instead of in the hall way, but I feel you are actually safer as there are more guests near by to help in case of an emergency. We take all of our guests safety and security very carefully and we have made significant strides to make it even safer by adding additional security cameras as well as enhanced lighting of the parking lot.
We are more than happy to give you a receipt when you are checking in, so that way you don't need to come down to the front desk the next morning.
I see that you were in for a business meeting, did you get a chance to check out the Natick mall that is around the corner from us? It has many high tech. stores as well as fabulous restaurants.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a typical Red Roof Inn, but we found it more cleaner than few others. I would give it 3.5 starts, but additional 0.5 star for location. It's right next to the highway. No breakfast served, but right next to Dunkin Donuts.
The area seemed safe and the staff was helpful. It was a good stopping point for while driving further north.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan F, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that you found us to be a clean, and convenient. We try very hard to have the best property and I know the housekeeping and maintenance staff work very hard to ensure that. They take a lot of pride in their work and I know reviews like yours help to motivate them even more.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!