“Always a treat”
Review of Big Fresh Cafe - CLOSED

Big Fresh Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$11
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Promoting for healthy, nutritious food concept.
Description: Promoting for healthy, nutritious food concept.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great food, no matter what we try. Nice comfortable decor; rather small inside but fortunately we've always managed to find a seat.

There are newer reviews for Big Fresh Cafe

Reviewed 20 June 2014

As Californians in Metro West for business, we were craving what we think of as "regular" food but which folks in MA seem to call "hippie" food. Big Fresh did not disappoint. Every dish we had at Big Fresh had great flavors. I'm so glad we found Big Fresh but now that we're back in California, I really miss it!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is Moroccan food, very spicy with a good flavor but even though I grew up with spicy food I could not eat more than half of my meal because my mouth was burning. Portions were generous. Maybe the price is cheap for Boston but I felt like it was a bit high given the atmosphere. Very hot and humid in the restaurant, we were perspiring heavily and air conditioning would have done wonders for our comfort not to mention the slightly stale odor right in the doorway which thankfully dissipated about 5 feet into the restaurant. My grown kids love spicy food and thought it was very good but I don't think small children would enjoy this.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We are regulars, dining here dozens of times. It us wholesome, healthy, and real, and deserves high praise for good food with low prices. There are so many good items to recommend, from the homemade lentil soup to the chicken plates with tahini and hummus. The falafel balls are delicious and the salads --- amazing! They could offer a few more drink options. The gal who takes the orders could be more friendly and personable, as the owner says very little and his co-chef says less. The place misses on personality and service. But that's not why you go. You go for delicious healthy food at a great price.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The place is small and no frills, but food is excellent. We ordered Tofu Thai curry and Salmon Moroccan Tgine. The portion is generous. You find many vegetarian menu as well as meat/fish with exhotic spices.
It is amazing that the restaurant can provide so many items in such a small kitchen. Highly recommend !