“Square pillows?!?”

Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed 20 February 2013

In 99 out of 100 ways, this was a completely typical stay. But that last one has me puzzled: the bed pillows are all square-- like, the size and shape of a throw pillow. Maybe I have a big head (OK, I know I have a big head), but when I went to put my head down on the pillows it felt as if I might roll off, because the pillows were small and SQUARE. I thought maybe we were the victims of a shortage, and asked at the desk, but if I understood the answer correctly, every room in the place has these pillows, for reasons I didn't understand on first hearing (they were busy, so I didn't press the point).

Otherwise, I agree with the other reviewers: good-sized suite-style rooms, good free breakfast, not a bad place to stay. There was an incense-like smell in our hallway the three days were there, which was a little odd. But those pillows? That might be enough to keep me from coming back.

Room Tip: See if they have any regular pillows.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank T D
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review, my apologies for the issue with our pillows. We are currently changing our pillow to a larger size to better accommodate our guests. Comments like yours helps us improve guest experience here and this is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Comfortable, clean suite. Nice exercise facility. Friendly, helpful staff. Heater blew a bit loud for my taste, but that is really getting picky. Breakfast buffet was not great, but about what one expects. After staying in a lot of European hotels it reminded me that an average hotel in the US is simply not as nice for breakfast as an average hotel in Europe. But all said, since I go to Framingham frequently, this hotel still is the best in the area, and beats the Sheraton any day.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and completing a review. I am glad we could be of service to you. Again, I do appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is a good business base if you are staying more than 2 or 3 days, however a car is a must have if you are staying here! The rooms are well appointed and have good facilities. the kitchenette is great and has everything you need. The beds are comfortable with good linen . Bathrooms a little tried nut clean and functional. However the lobby shop has very scare resources so stock up before arriving at the hotel otherwise you won't need the kitchenette. Buffet breakfast is basic but plentiful. If you are on a business trip for more than a couple of days this is a great base as you are not in a small claustrophobic hotel room, there is a sofa area with tv and room to relax. There is no restaurant or bar at the hotel or in the immediate area so a car is very much needed,

Room Tip: The rooms away from the lifts are best as they are really quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time and completing a review. I am glad that we were able to provide you the services to make your stay a comfortable one. I will certainly look into market and again thank you for your time.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We've stayed here many times, as we have family in the area. The staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are great. We like the separate bedroom. Great breakfast buffet, flat screen tvs in the bedroom and sitting area, free wifi. Have previously used the wonderful heated pool and the fitness room, no time for it this trip. I used the laundry facilities and was able to purchase laundry powder and dryer sheets at the front desk. Of course, it would have been more economical if I remembered to pack my own laundry powder and dryer sheets. The only thing that could use some checking is the bathmat that is adhered to bottom of the tub. It was grayish and I couldn't tell if it needed additional scrubbing or if it was supposed to be that color. I addressed this in a review directly to the hotel. All in all, we will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and completing a review. I will pass along you kind words to my staff. I look forward having you with us in the future and agian thank you for your review.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here after BC/ND game because of price and location, its about 20 minuites outside Boston, just off and convenient to I90. Rooms were modern, clean and with the help of roll away, managed to get 4 into a one bedroom suite. Road noise was obvious when I woke up in the morning, but I didnt notice it overnight. Breakfast got good reviews from three 16 year old - eat everything in sight - boys. Definately would stay again.

Room Tip: Close to I90, some highway noise, but good value, modern & clean, quality breakfast
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. This is our goal for all our guests and it is nice to know that we are doing so. Again, thank you for your time and I hope that we will see you in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We have successfully stayed at the Residence Inn in Framingham before and we were not disappointed this time either. Front desk people are welcoming and helpful--they called shortly after we checked in to make sure we were happy with the room. Breakfast was full of choices and the hot items were replenished often. It was very busy on Sunday morning, not as busy on Monday. Even though the hotel is located in an industrial area, it is nicely landscaped and would make for a great walk during the day--might not suggest that at night as it is rather deserted at night. The location is very convenient for hopping on and off Route 9 in either direction as well as the Mass Pike. Probably a sign that the hotel is always busy---the bathroom could use some sprucing up just to make it look a little nicer--some wear and tear. For the price and location, it is a good deal.

Room Tip: We have stayed on two different sides and found quiet. We prefer third floor and up for optimum qui...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I will certainly mention to my front desk staff your kind words. Comments like yours are greatly appreciated and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We planned to stay there for 3 mths but left in just 20 stays. To start with good things...the view is great from the rooms...very green and quiet. Rooms are spacious, HD TV is awesome. Manager Derek and maintenance staff were very helpful with all the issues I had.Now the CONS....
1 BED:First of all their bed is terrible...too small and wen u sleep on side u'll keep sliding back in middle and u'll end up bumping into ur partner!!!
2 TV (whch I loved) had only few channels..nd also u can't connect ur laptop or Hard Drive to TV to watch any other movie!!
3 LAUNDRY: I spent almost 3 hrs just drying my clothes and wen I complained, the Front desk lady says...yes the dryer is not working and I'll refund ur amount!! Hello...its not about $2 but about the time I spent on drying my clothes. Finally at 12 am I finished laundry which I started at 5 pm. They should atleast put a sign on machines not working. She was extremely rude, infact most of the front desk staff was rude and of no help except the Manager.
4 SHUTTLE: The hotel doesn't provide shuttle service which is ok but atleast they should keep some information about the public bus which goes almost everywhere from Staples Drive. Since m not working and in hotel most of the time ...after walking around all over the place I finally found about the mwrta buses which could take me to malls and other places. My suggestion to Hotel...please keep bus timetables and Routes. Keeping only Taxi infornation in not enough.
5 POOL: The pool timings were unusual ...which opened at 12 pm.. The shower room was very smelly and pool was sad...looking at it u'll not feel like going in!! And we were surprised wen our keys couldn't open the door to the pool. As per hotel staff its a State Rule because of which you need to call staff people everytime u want to go to the pool...however, the Hotel where I am currently staying (in same state) with indoor pool has no such rules.
6. PHONES: The emergency phones in Laundry, pool and gym r never dusted I guess...especially the one in Laundry Room which had a thick layer of dust. Who will pick such phns!!
Strange...anyways we finally left and I feel at home now in my new room!!

Room Tip: If you like sunny rooms, take rooms on the right side of the hotel. Rooms facing back (above the poo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and completing a response. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. These reviews help us improve ourselves and are very helpful to our future guests. I will certainly make sure to take action on all your concerns that were mentioned. Again, thank you for time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
5 mi away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough

Been to Residence Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!