“Very Nice, but.......” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
hockytwn02
“Very Nice, but.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

This hotel had a great price, and is pretty new renovation. The staff is very friendly and the Breakfast is awesome. I must say that it has one of the best I have seen or tasted for that matter. They have a huge selection of the common things ie: Bagels, muffins, yogurts, fruits, 2 cereals (Raisin Bran and frosted flakes flakes?), potatoes, eggs, wraps, patty saugage, waffles (really great batter), juices (cranberry, apple, and orange), and coffee/tea. The rooms were very clean, and beds were VERY comfortable. The room I had (not sure if all are the same) was very big and had a kitchenette in it as well. The desk was big enough to actually do work on, couch, chair, small dresser, and even a bar nook with 2 high top chairs, Full size coffee maker, toaster, full size fridge/freezer w/ice maker, and a dishwasher. The hotel also has 2 pretty quick elevators, great water pressure, and really good size shower. They do have a business room which is pretty nice, and a little shopette as well. There is also a small but nice little excersise room with a few treadmills, and an eliptical, and another couple machines. The internet is FREE and I did notice a LAN connection and wire as well. The TV is a standard 27" big box one, not your (now standard) flat screen HD, but then again if all rooms had that then maybe the rate wouldn't be so great. There is nothing with-in walking distance and if your not from around here and have no GPS forget about it, you will have a heck of a time finding it.

The down fall is the (very small) indoor pool/Jacuzzi hours. It opens at 12pm and closes at 9pm. You cant use your room key to get in either. You have to track the maintanince guy down in order to get in.

There is a beautiful shopping center about 10 minutes away, BEWARE it is not your normal shopping center. It is very beautiful and amazing, but WOW is it ever expensive. These are not your normal stores. I thought I was on Rodeo Drive, no joking.

Some of the things I have pointed out may not be a big deal to you, but just trying to cover everything for everyone and try to be as detailed as possible. Overall I like this place and would stay again. A great alternative to staying in Boston and paying the huge price, it took us in rush hour with E-Z pass 30 minutes to get to Fenway and park, during the Yankee series at that, 45 to Salem. If your looking for great food check out my other reviews for some recommendations.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hockytwn02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2009

Okay, so I'm not a Residence Inn lover, seems like they all need or lack something but I thought this one might be different but no, it was a miserable nights sleep.
Check in was great, very friendly, my daughter and I checked in got some hot chocolate and headed to our room which was an average Residence Inn room complete with living room and bedroom. It was cold in the room (27 degrees outside) so we put the heat on immediately, well the blower in the bedroom sounded like a 747 was about to land in the room and the heat poured out over the bed in that room but had this tiny little vent that was suppose to pass the air to the living room where the pullout coach was! NOT! Oh and the thermostat was in the living room area so you'd have to bake in the bedroom to get the heat up in the living room.
We turned on the TV's which were small to average size and could not get CBS, it kept going in and out with annoying static noise and offered very few channel choices. The TV in the bedroom was a cheap, small Phillips with poor speakers so you couldn't understand what they were saying but that didn't matter because when the blower kicked on for the heat, it drowned out the TV and when it went off it was very loud!

My daughter slept in the living room and we closed the bedroom door, we booked a one bedroom suite so we could do this since she would stay up later, talk on her cell, use her laptop and watch TV, of course she couldn' t get any of the channels her shows were on. She froze most of the night and I was choking for air in the hot box of a bedroom, I kept getting up to try and adjust the heat but when I saw her with the one thin blanket they give you and her coat over her I couldn't turn down the heat.
When the blower started cold air would blow on the bed and then hot air for an 1/2 hour at a time, I had to open the door and leave it open. She slept with a sweater, sweatshirt, gloves, and more even with the door open!

On to breakfast which didn't get any better! It was horrible! We travel a lot, we stay at Marriott's a lot, this hotel night I used points that's how many Marriott visits we've made but this breakfast topped them all for being horrible, I love the Fairfield Inn which is a Marriott and has great breakfasts. The sausage patties were laying in an inch of grease, the eggs looked fine, the potatoes looked fine but EVERYTHING was ice cold! The croissants were hard around the edges and they split them and threw them in the chafing dish, I guess they hoped you wouldn't take a whole one. They had frozen strawberries in juice and whipped cream but for the life of me I can't figure out what you were suppose to put them on? There was stale bread, cheap horrible bagels and most people who came by, looked got coffee and left! The corn muffin was good and that was it.

I'm staying away from Residence Inns......................I don't know how the same company owns Residence Inns and Fairfield Inns?

• Liked — Location, easy access to Mass. Pike
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable Bed, horrible heating system, lousy breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JLESarasota
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2008

We lived in this hotel for a month while relocating. It is fabulous in all ways, but the staff is especially amazing. They totally go out of their way to make you comfortable and are just above and beyond. Breakfast is also wonderful, with pretty much anything you could want (hot and cold). I loved the waffle station, my husband got spoilt having a hot breakfast every morning (now he has to make it himself it's back to toast).
They also have a small dinner Mon - Thurs (also free) and fresh baked cookies every evening around 7-8pm.
Housekeeping staff are fabulous, and happily accommodated my three year old who liked to follow them around and "help" (aka get in their way).
Location is fairly unexciting (in a business park) but it is conveniently located to the Mass Pike. In fact the Mass Pike goes right by the hotel, but we were in the ground floor room closest to the Mass Pike and you really can't hear the road noise (unless you have your windows open, and even then it's not enough to disturb your sleep).
Frankly most hotels have very similar decor - it's really the location or staff that sets them apart, and this hotel has the kind of staff that you wish was always there to make your stay fabulous.

• Liked — The great staff and fabulous breakfast
  • Disliked — Out of the way location
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank rpar003
Ithaca, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Beautiful hotel, clean, friendly staff! A bit hard to find but no biggie.
Room is was large and extremely comfortable. Never heard a peep in the hallways despite the throngs of young kids staying there for a hockey tournament. Nice breakfast and pool area. Next time I'm in the area I'll be back!

• Liked — cleanliness and size of room
  • Disliked — location....hard to find....needs better signage
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank lethargo
Everywhere USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

I've used Trip Advisor for more than 2 years...and have never written a review. So this morning I'm up early and thought I would take a quick second to do so on this hotel.
You may be just like me, 8 great reviews and it's the 2 bad ones that sway your decision. Let me say that IF you're going to be in the area, and you have to make a choice between the RI and the Sheraton, don't even consider the Sheraton. It's tired an old. This property sits back deep into a business park so you have to know where you're going to find it...but that's one of the first things that I would say I like about it. The staff is absolutely amazing, and clearly have been trained the "Marriott way".
Little things like:
1) I forgot my deodorant and they had some (I know this is standard but nice that they had it)
2) I left my BB charger at home and not only did they have one (lost and found) but they let me keep it.
3) Breakfast is really good...considering you don't pay for it. Same thing for dinner but it's not nearly as expansive.

The room was very clean, and since I'm someone who really cares about that I put that at the top of my list of priorities.

I only have one "issue". My room was close to Rte. 9 which is a fairly busy road. There's quite a bit of commercial traffic early in the morning so if you're a light sleeper, I would mention this when you book a room.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Noise from traffic
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank funnyguy12345
natick, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

We stayed at this hotel just last night and it was such a great experience I had to write today.

The staff at the reception area was great. Friendly and helpful but not overbearing.

The room was very clean and had great amenities. The beds were comfortable. The shower was wonderful.

The pool area was small, but the kids loved it.

The breakfast was out of sight really out of sight (as continental breakfast goes). Eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, fresh juice. Much more than I expected.

Great location for getting into Boston but with easy and free parking. Plenty of nearby restaurants.

All in all, this hotel exceed our expectations in every way.

• Liked — everything was just a little better than you'd expect.
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2008

clean, neat, spacious room with lots of amenities. mini kitchen with little office/work area. Breakfast was included...cereal, milk, coffee, fruit, terrible eggs. gym was very very basic. 1/2 hour from south end in boston and right off mass pike.

Stayed June 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Residence Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!