“That's more like it!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Framingham, MA
“That's more like it!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I've been to the competitor down the street and always left thinking "I can't believe i paid that much for that food." La Carreta is a few blocks further from the mall and the highway and good thing, or it would be jam packed all the time. If you are the type for whom an extra exertion for something better is simply out of the question, go back to the Cheesecake/Chili's/Friday's/Applebee's/Ruby Whatever that's closer to you. La Carreta makes a real margarita (with real tequila), has the best authentic tacos I've had this side of El Paso, the place is clean and bright, and the staff is fantastic. And yes, they speak Spanish because they're from Central America. They know what good food is and they deliver. Fresh, dynamic flavors that will change your assumptions -- menu is approachable but not stereotypical. A hidden gem. Try it. You'll like it.

Visited May 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location but not impressed.”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My husband and I wanted to try a Mexican restaurant to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. This restaurant is located right next to the post office in Framingham, so it is away from the crowded Route 9 restaurants. Unfortunately, we weren't impressed. The waitstaff was friendly and service was good but the food was just average. I got a glass of Sangria and it was 8.75.
So prices aren't great either.

• Visited May 2012
“Next time,bar area”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Arrived at La Carreta Mexican restaurant Saturday night night around 6:30.No wait and promply taken to our table.There was nothing on the table,we had to ask for silverware,napkins and drink menu.After that,things got much better.My wife and I got the house Margarita which was $7.50 and very good..I had the chicken chimichanga and my wife had the chicken fajita.Both were very good.A negative is this is a family restaurant and with quite a few families with young and loud kids.Next time the plan is to sit in the bar area,get Margaritas,the homemade quacamole and split a main course.The service and atmosphere were fine.

• Visited April 2012
“Once good restaurant now truly awful”
Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

Went to La Carreta on a busy Saturday evening; met with a sign at the door announcing new management. We have been here 6-8 times in two years since they opened. Used to be terrific: not any more.

Service was chaotic, mistake-prone, and confused. Food wa truly awful - bland, tasteless, not at all fresh or tasty. Enchiladas were the worst I have ever has. Sauce tasted like old Campbells soup.

we will not return and would not recommend this once very good Mexican restaraunt to anyone.

1 Thank Tjpf01
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“OK...”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The food is just ok and so is the service. Very hit or miss. I like the chips and salsa and the sides were nice but the the meat was salty and tasted like tobasco sauce. Also the drinks were very expensive. The waiters can be very friendly at times but then other times very difficult to get service. Overall I would say this place is pretty average which is too bad because it could be great if the food was better quality.

• Visited February 2012