“Dreadful Internet Service”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Kingston, NY
“Dreadful Internet Service”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I travel for business so when a motel says there's internet service, I depend on it. This service, which costs extra, by the way, drifted in and out. Mostly out. I checked out of a 4 day stay after only one day.

Room was clean, though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
Adjuntas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 January 2011

As in any place that you pay less than $60, I wasn’t expecting much. I only wanted a place to stay for one night while in the Massachusetts area and this place fill the bill. The room was relatively clean, the same concept as in all Motel 6. It was a nonsmoking but as other reviews said somehow there was a slight smoking odor, but not unbearable and I’m not a smoker. Since I wasn’t expecting much of this place this place was OK since it was clean, had hot water, no noises and the room wasn’t too small. The basics, but just what I needed for one night.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 15 January 2011

the worst hotel ever seen. sure it´s is quite cheap, especially if you compare with other hotels in the bosten area, but defnitly not worth it. please don´t even think about staying here! it´s very dirty. rooms not cleaned, dirty carpets. all in all we had to call the manager. both, recepcionist and manager very rude, but finally we got our money back and could leave!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank penny0110

Travellers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stay here quite frequently when I come to the Boston area to visit family on the way to or from Cape Cod. This motel is more than adequate at at least half the price of larger chains closer to the city. You are right off of the Mass Pike and right on Rt. 9. While the rooms are sparse, this Motel 6 was renovated 2 years ago. The beds are OK, but not uncomfortable. TV's get your locals, HBO, CNN, ESPN, TBS, and TNT. My tips are the following: 1) Bring shampoo or stop and get some, 2) use your alarm on your cell phone or bring an alarm clock, 3) REQUEST a king size room on the back side, not the rt. 9 side, they are quieter as you won't hear rt. 9 traffic, AND king rooms seem not to get used as much so the beds aren't as warn. Also to address any traffic noise, leave the A/C fan on as this will drown out any traffic noise. The staff is very helpful, but only if you give them the same courtesy you expect in return. :-)

As for breakfast, you are right next to Duncan Donuts, and you are right near the hundreds of stores, restaurants, and supermarkets along Rt. 9 in Natick. Just head East on rt. 9 for a few miles.

Yes, Internet is $3.00/day, but it is fairly fast and for $55.00/night, $3.00 extra is not going to break the bank. If it does, there is a Panera if you head east on Rt. 9. And please tell me why people complain about having to turn around on Rt. 9 to get somewhere, how difficult is that? Come on now.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pscyclist
north carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights because a friend recommended it. It was $59 a night which was a great price compared to staying closer to boston but i am not sure it was worth it.
We travle alot and we are not too picky, only twice in hundreds of hotel stays have we changed rooms but we had to here.
Our first rooms a/c unit was way too loud. we called down and she said they are all loud.
we asked someone to come look at it and when she came down the ahllwat she said "wow that is loud". so we changed rooms.
Rooms were big and pretty clean. Just a basic room but we are from nc and our rooms always have a microwave, a fridge and a clock. This room had NONE of these.
we asked for a wake-up call on the last morning to catch our flight out and they forgot.
all they said was oh sorry he must have forgot to set it.
also not the hotels fault was one night the state os mass was paving the road in front of our room. the roller, the dump trucks, all of it. well our bed shook and windows rattled form 10 pm til 1 am.
it is right on hwy 9, a very busy road. that could be good or bad according to the traveler.
Most restaraunts are 1-5 miles away with a dunkin dounts and a mexican restaraunt on each side.
No amenities, shampoos or conditioners just a bar of soap in each room
I would not recommend the room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stanniew
Framingham
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Firstly, parking is limited; secondly, w/out being informed through phone call or in person we are charged $3.18 a day additionally for wireless that through three days is generally recieving signal "Low" or "Very Low." I rented a weekly and after three days i gave up on maid service--there isn't any although a note requests I tip maid. Modern items in room include, and are limited to, a bottle opener attached to sink to open Coke bottles from Vietnam War. TV stations are CNN/CNN/ESPN/ESPN with a PBS station in between.
If you're travelling in region you're better off at Montecello; yes, there are some drunks there but at least you get free Wi-Fi, decent breakfast, daily maid service, fridge, micro, and 100+Comcast channels and an ability to open a door/window into fresh air; none of which this Motel 6 offers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank longstreet63
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was extremely dissatisfied with my stay. I should have asked for a refund as soon as I saw the room. There was a table in the room, with no chairs. Not one chair. There was NO CLOCK. I had to rise at 6 AM and had NO CLOCK in the room to wake me up. The room was very plain. The blankets and design is extremely ugly and tacky. I would never stay there again and never recommend it to someone else. If you want to go West on Route 9 you have to drive East for a while until you can turn around.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!