“Good location and value”

Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good location and value”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Motel 6 is one of my go-to chains when an independent can't be found and this was a typical Motel 6. No frills, no dirt, no surprises. It is an ideal location for a day trip to Boston. It's actually pretty good for a night trip, too, and some of the other guests were there for a Red Sox game.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Denny G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Staff was very nice and hepful but our first room was awful. Our room key didn't work and we had to keep getting our door opened for us. The floor had stains all over and just didnt seem to be that clean. Having paid for a nights stay we asked for a second room which they gladly gave us. The second room was much cleaner. We also didn't have the best experience with the type of people who were staying in the hotel at the time. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EZpass11

Travellers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Keflavik, Iceland
Reviewed 7 December 2011

It was OK - and I would stay there again, given the low price and proximity to Boston (every other hotel in the vicinity charges double the $60 bucks I paid at Motel 6). It was very clean, shower drain works well, no mold. There is a good new non-smelly AC/heater unit. No alarm clock. Things that I didn't like: hotel lobby and the hallways reek of smoke (even on my non-smoking floor). Also, I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and found puddles of water on the floor - and I could hear the water running in the adjacent room. I called the clerk downstairs, she sounded displeased with this 4 am phone call, and when I woke up again at 7:30 there was more water on my bathroom floor and water was still running in my neighbor's room. Also, the walls of this hotel are very thin and let in all kinds of noise, so bring ear plugs!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Motel 6 and were really horrified by the condition of the place. The rooms were not cleaned, wastebaskets not emptied and towels left on the floor. We had to go down to the desk every day to get new towels. Bags of garbage were left in the hallways, sometimes for a whole day. The worst thing that happened was that somebody went into our room when we were out and left a note for an unknown person on the desk. When we went to the main desk to find out who had been in our room, we were told that that it was a friend of that person and he got the room wrong. No explaination as to how that person got a key to our room, or why he had been allowed in. Later when we complained to MOtel 6 management, we got no apology or explaination. Do NOT stay in this Motel! There is a nice one called Montecello just down the road at about the same price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Polly R
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here while visiting Boston and surrounding area. Motel 6 had the cheapest rates around for a long fall weekend when I was searching for a room two months in advance. Having said I would never stay at Motel 6 again (thin walls, no service), I was leary about trying this place. Motel was clean, check in and check out fast. Dunkin Donuts and gas station next door (with cheapest cash price for gas this New Yorker has seen in years). Restaurants and shopping minutes away and easy access to Boston. Cons: Outside doors not locked, ice maker never worked. Rt 9 out front means constant noise all night long which gets worse in the early am. There are families living here and I saw children about, but never heard them slamming doors and talking in the hallways at 3 am on Sunday morning as the adults were. We had a non-smoking room, did smell funny, but more like a cleaning spray but fan worked and cleared the smell out. Small TV, no fridge or microwave. King room was huge, bathroom very tiny. My idea of vacation is to leave a hotel at 7 am and not return till after 9 pm, so Motel 6 was ok for me, but if your idea of a vacation is to hang around the hotel this would not be the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank centralnyr
Chicago
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This was my scariest hotel experience EVER!!!!!!
Aug. 10th, 2:30 am after driving all day heading for Cape Cod, I arrived at this hotel with just my two small children (ages 6 and 3). When I went to the front desk I noticed very scary tatoo people in the lobby and a very run down hotel. A little nervious, I asked the clerk if the area was safe. She replied yes. She then gave me a room on the 3rd floor which she said was the last availalbe room. I took it and journeyed upstairs all the way to the end of the hall (which was dark) with two very sleepy little boys. When I put the key in the door (card thingy) a very big man came flying out the door upset and he scared me to death. My little boys were crying. He said this was his room. I apologized and got out of there as fast as I could back to the front desk. I told desk clerk someone was in the room & she said "hold on, I need to call the police to get them out of that room." That was all I needed to hear, and I immediately requested that she cancel my room request and credit my AMEX card so I could leave right away. Today (09/07/11) I received my AMEX bill with a $62.54 charge on it from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jhallett
Kingston, NY
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I travel for business so when a motel says there's internet service, I depend on it. This service, which costs extra, by the way, drifted in and out. Mostly out. I checked out of a 4 day stay after only one day.

Room was clean, though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!