“full of disappointment”

Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have stayed at meany motel 6'es and this place is a joke. First, all the parking spots are sized for tiny cars, so I parked side ways and took up 3 spots. check in was quick. Second, I walked into the room and it looked like a 5 year old was hired to do the painting. Drips all over the floor, carpet and mirror. Yes its more of a visual but still. Third, I requested a smoking room and then found that the window has been screwed shut. Like anyone wants to jump out of a 4 story window. Forth, on my way back in with my bags. I saw the gentleman who assisted me with check in trying to close the broken entry doors. He knew who I was and didn't feel as though that he should hold the door for me with 3 bags and a dog. I have been in hospitality management for 5 years and with in 20 min of being here, comparing to how my management runs a hotel,motel,B&B, what have you, this place should be $19 a night. I will not be returning!! But the Motel 6 in Brattleboro is still great

Room Tip: I do not recommend staying here
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff M

Reviewed 14 January 2014

what a wonderful small place for the economy minded traveler. I have stayed here numerous times, find it a wonderful value, great location, with a friendly and helpful staff, small coffee bar in the morning, ice machines are slow on occasion. has small upstairs laundry, Highly recommend for vallue.. room was clean, extra pillows from the front desk. Manager is a wonderful and accomodating host. thanks again

Room Tip: try to get 3/4 floor for quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mack t
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The only good thing was that the room was clean. And they were nice about a second person staying with me when I mistakenly made the res for 1. My nonsmoking room has smoke in it presumably coming from the bathroom vent. Horrible. And it is located up against a busy 4 lane highway. Get an even numbered room if you can . Should have done more homework. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Bob G - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the odor issues in your room. This issue is not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Like the title says, at least it was clean and that has to be a plus. When traveling I don't need much to make me happy but the place at least has to be clean. Score one for Motel 6 here.
Definitely no frills. I promised myself I'm not staying at the Travelodge down the road across from the Natick Mall because they gave me such a hard time when I left something behind during that beautiful February blizzard we had that paralyzed the state for that entire weekend. The Travelodge is much more convenient, offers a microwave, mini fridge, room safe, a bigger bed and even enough room for a lounge chair along with a few breakfast choices on the fly to the right of the check-in desk. The Motel 6 I stayed at and will be there again for one night next week has none of the above. Zero, zip, nada...But did I say it was clean...Oh yah, I did...
Late night parking is also an issue if you're out late the only parking spaces you may find are reserved for handicap parking. That happened to me, but Debbie at the front desk said go ahead and park there. Gave her my room number for any problems.
If you're looking for good news sort of here goes. There's a Dunkin Donuts next door(maybe that's why only two coffee pots for b'fast and nothing else besides vending machines). Gas station also next door and easy access to the Pike several hundred yards away. There is also a 24 hr. CVS with an all-night pharmacy for those late night emergencies) Or something simple like forgetting my insulin at home sitting in the fridge. Priceless. But the CVS pharmacy saved the day. Also, a Stop n' Shop almost directly across from CVS that says open till 11.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PAUL D
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Go by the price, die by the price.

I chose the place based on cost and a nice picture (looked like a former Holiday Inn).

When I got there, I didn't care for the tight parking, the feel of the place, or the people I met in the halls.

The desk people were good. The coffee, standard M6 and OK. The rooms large, quiet, and with a great bed, the windows large and clean.

The single elevator was slow, the bright white walls were too bright white, and only a Dunkin Donuts and a gas station next door (and a Mexican place down the block), traffic a pain.

Next time I'd stay elsewhere, but this was near my destination and was well priced.

Room Tip: Since the building is wedged between a tollway toll station and a busy highway it is really hard to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The price was okay but no coffee pot had to go down to lobby for coffee. The toilet overflowed and there wasn't a room change offered or any refund of part of the cost. There wasn't even an iron in the room. The maids were very friendly. You get what you pay for, not much. The bed was comfortable. For Ice I had to go up to the 4th floor or down to 1st floor. The ice container had no cover. Parking very difficult. Rooms needs renovating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this hotel. The price is very cheap we payed seventy three dollars for one night with a king size bed. The location is great right next to dunkin donuts and bp gas station and near mass pike. There is a cvs,friendlys,mcdonalds, and a stop and shop and other places down the street. The clerks were friendly and helpful. However pets are allowed in the hotel and when we walked in a dog sat on the floor next to me and pooped. It was gross. When we got to the fourth floor where are room was the floor would shake from the elavator there were stains on the carpet in the hallways and the halls wreaked of marrijuana. Smoking is allowed in some rooms of the motel so if the smell of cigarettes bothers you I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The clients were very scary and stared me up and down in a eery way. My boyfriends from new york and I'm from boston and we both are used to the city like but he and I both felt unsafe. The room was decent and clean. There was a television, a microwave, and a fridge. The bed was pretty comfortable but the bathroom was incredibly small. You had to click the lightswitch mutiple times before the light turned on. When we checked out the clerk questioned us and there was a room bnehind the desk where a thin teenager in short shorts sat in a chair I'm almost positive her hands were cuffed. When leaving to get to our car right in the motels parking lot we saw a drug deal. I wouldn't bring children to this motel. For us it was worth it but we wouldn't stay on the fourth flour again it was like the ghetto of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!