“Great value, decent facilities, not the Taj Mahall”

Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Richmond, Virginia
“Great value, decent facilities, not the Taj Mahall”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stay here quite frequently when I come to the Boston area to visit family on the way to or from Cape Cod. This motel is more than adequate at at least half the price of larger chains closer to the city. You are right off of the Mass Pike and right on Rt. 9. While the rooms are sparse, this Motel 6 was renovated 2 years ago. The beds are OK, but not uncomfortable. TV's get your locals, HBO, CNN, ESPN, TBS, and TNT. My tips are the following: 1) Bring shampoo or stop and get some, 2) use your alarm on your cell phone or bring an alarm clock, 3) REQUEST a king size room on the back side, not the rt. 9 side, they are quieter as you won't hear rt. 9 traffic, AND king rooms seem not to get used as much so the beds aren't as warn. Also to address any traffic noise, leave the A/C fan on as this will drown out any traffic noise. The staff is very helpful, but only if you give them the same courtesy you expect in return. :-)

As for breakfast, you are right next to Duncan Donuts, and you are right near the hundreds of stores, restaurants, and supermarkets along Rt. 9 in Natick. Just head East on rt. 9 for a few miles.

Yes, Internet is $3.00/day, but it is fairly fast and for $55.00/night, $3.00 extra is not going to break the bank. If it does, there is a Panera if you head east on Rt. 9. And please tell me why people complain about having to turn around on Rt. 9 to get somewhere, how difficult is that? Come on now.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pscyclist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
north carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights because a friend recommended it. It was $59 a night which was a great price compared to staying closer to boston but i am not sure it was worth it.
We travle alot and we are not too picky, only twice in hundreds of hotel stays have we changed rooms but we had to here.
Our first rooms a/c unit was way too loud. we called down and she said they are all loud.
we asked someone to come look at it and when she came down the ahllwat she said "wow that is loud". so we changed rooms.
Rooms were big and pretty clean. Just a basic room but we are from nc and our rooms always have a microwave, a fridge and a clock. This room had NONE of these.
we asked for a wake-up call on the last morning to catch our flight out and they forgot.
all they said was oh sorry he must have forgot to set it.
also not the hotels fault was one night the state os mass was paving the road in front of our room. the roller, the dump trucks, all of it. well our bed shook and windows rattled form 10 pm til 1 am.
it is right on hwy 9, a very busy road. that could be good or bad according to the traveler.
Most restaraunts are 1-5 miles away with a dunkin dounts and a mexican restaraunt on each side.
No amenities, shampoos or conditioners just a bar of soap in each room
I would not recommend the room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stanniew

Travellers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Framingham
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Firstly, parking is limited; secondly, w/out being informed through phone call or in person we are charged $3.18 a day additionally for wireless that through three days is generally recieving signal "Low" or "Very Low." I rented a weekly and after three days i gave up on maid service--there isn't any although a note requests I tip maid. Modern items in room include, and are limited to, a bottle opener attached to sink to open Coke bottles from Vietnam War. TV stations are CNN/CNN/ESPN/ESPN with a PBS station in between.
If you're travelling in region you're better off at Montecello; yes, there are some drunks there but at least you get free Wi-Fi, decent breakfast, daily maid service, fridge, micro, and 100+Comcast channels and an ability to open a door/window into fresh air; none of which this Motel 6 offers.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank longstreet63
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was extremely dissatisfied with my stay. I should have asked for a refund as soon as I saw the room. There was a table in the room, with no chairs. Not one chair. There was NO CLOCK. I had to rise at 6 AM and had NO CLOCK in the room to wake me up. The room was very plain. The blankets and design is extremely ugly and tacky. I would never stay there again and never recommend it to someone else. If you want to go West on Route 9 you have to drive East for a while until you can turn around.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed here after a long drive, a bit too tired to make it into Boston. The hotel was very nice for the price - clean and comfortable, an easy drive back to the interstate and next to a Dunkin' Doughnuts.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
western mass
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I've stayed here a few times on business because it is by far the cheapest place I could find within a reasonable distance of where I needed to be that still had decent TripAdvisor reviews. The first night I got a smoke that had clearly been sprayed with Lysol to cover the smoke odor, even though I'd asked for non-smoking. I thought the smell had been masked enough so I didn't request a different room, but when I got to where I was going for the day I discovered that the only item of clothing I hadn't packed away for the night--my pants--did smell like smoke. The next time I stayed, I was assigned a "non-smoking" room which wreaked of pot smoke and tons of Lysol spray. When I complained, the font desk first tried to claim the room couldn't possibly smell of smoke because it had been cleaned. Sorry buddy, but no amount of Lysol is going to get rid of that much pot smoke in one day. Fortunately, he quickly reassigned me to a non-smoking room with two double beds that faced the highway out front, because he "knew" those rooms would not smell like smoke. (In other words, he knew all along that the rooms facing the back tended to attract smokers, regardless of room designation. Turned out the new room was indeed non-smoking. But I also learned the next day at 6am that the front-facing rooms have no noise insulation, because the roar of the commute traffic woke me up and kept me up. (I guess smokers like to sleep in, so they don't reserve these rooms?) So, the choice seems to be between smoking rooms and rooms where you can't sleep after 6 am. Oh, and the stairwells often have a strong smell of smoke, and the hallways have at least a faint smell of smoke.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank scandahoovian
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The motel is a good deal if you do not want to spend a lot of money. Only 45.00 for a one night stay. The room was spacious, but lacks any special features. One of the negatives outside of the room in the hallway it smells of strong cleaning odor, I thought it smelled of dirty diapers. The downside to the property is that it is located in front of a major highway, so you cannot go out for a walk, you will have to drive to the hotel or call for a taxi. I asked the front desk how to get to the train station and he said, "oh a free bus, should come by every hour or so..." and I had to ask for clarification on what the bus looked like. When coming from Boston, to the hotel you have to go past the hotel and loop around on crossing street to get to the correct side of the hotel.

Good night and they keep the light on for you :)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!