“very fine dining” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
mass
“very fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

top shelf restaurant is an excellent restaurant. Great food and very clean. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The food is very good.

• Visited June 2012

Greenlawn, New York
“Easy to miss, but don't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Visited restaurant with my wife, sons, daughter in law and her parents. We were all pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food. A small establishment, it is not overly impressive when you walk in, but it seems clean and the people as I said are very friendly. I had the fra diovola (sp?) seafood dish which was spicey like I enjoy it. Others had a special pasta dish, steak tips, and salmon. All looked good. I would recommend.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem on crazy route 9”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have been here a few times and each time the food and service are wonderful. Creative menu with just enough offerings. Always a tasty special or two. Very small, but comfortable. Never would have noticed if if a friend hadn't mentioned it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Nice local spot amidst Rte 9 chains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My family and I dined at Top Shelf last week and enjoyed our experience. The restaurant is tucked into an unlikely spot on busy, chain-laiden Route 9 not far from Jordan's, Shoppers World, and every other retail outlet out there. The place is on the smaller size and well appointed decor-wise. I had a decent Chicken Picatta meal with pasta, while my husband had Seared Cod. Our kids happily ate pasta and sauce. The service was great - our waitress was attentive, prompt, and made sure we were pleased with everything. As the meal progressed, more and more people were coming in to eat. The place was definitely filling up as we were leaving (~7:30) and I was curious if additional staff would be coming in to help our waitress out. We weren't blown away by Top Shelf, but I do appreciated a smaller, more locally-focused dining experience and enjoyed it enought to return again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Cozy place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had guests from Japan so we wanted a quiet place to dine and talk. The guests were delighted with the Oppa Oppa beer. They said it was fruity. 2 of us had the scallops(they could have been a little bigger. One of us had the steak. He liked it. The other guest had the very nice salmon dinner. We enjoyed the creme brulee. Two of us didn't have alcoholic drinks because we were designated drivers.

• Visited March 2012