“Great Iconic Restaurant”
Review of Ken's Steak House

Ken's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 204 Restaurants in Framingham
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9
Description: With Age comes great things..Ken's steak house has been serving Metro-West since 1935. Ken and Florence Hanna had a sound formula for success: Good quality food at reasonable prices, an honest drink and a good cup of coffee. Guests always receive prompt, courteous, attentive service. The prime and choice cuts of beef and the fresh seafood found at Ken's has set a standard of quality that is unparalleled.
New Hampshire
“Great Iconic Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is a throwback to the restaurants of the past, and ones that I miss! It was designed to manage noise levels. We were a large party, and I didn't feel we were disturbing anyone around us. We had awesome service, and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. They had a terrific wine list, as well. While the decor is very dated, I loved it. I had lived in that area about 20 years ago, and was glad to see that nothing had changed. Not the service, the food quality, or the decor.

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband's family is from Framingham and they always talk about ken's steak house from back in the day. This was my first time to the Boston area with my husband and his family. I believe they said the parents used to own it and now the kids own it. If that is true, I think the kids have run this place in the ground and it needs to go on the show "restaurant impossible" or something. The place smelt weird and stuffy. The place was not at all busy for a Thursday night at 7:30. I ordered a sirloin steak that comes with salad, veggies and baked potato. The salad was a 2/5, little toppings and huge chunks of iceberg lettuce. My steak was cooked perfect, at medium temperature, but it was a terrible cut of meat. It was chewy and just not good, 2/5. Vegetables were ok, 2.5/5. My baked potato was way over cooked and looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for awhile, 2/5. I will not be back!

2 Thank Winter G
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Ken's Steak House July 2014”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a return trip to Ken's for us. They have a new chef and a new menu and new prices. The food is still top shelf as always but the pricing and new style menu has put this every day restaurant into the occasion category and as the only 6 tables filled in the main dinning room on a Friday night should tell them it was a mistake. It used to be that 2 sides and salad were part of the price. Now the price has increased and you get one side and pay extra for the salad. If that was not a turnoff, having our dinner arrive when we were only half through our salad sealed the deal. We may go back as the food is great but will wait for the occasion not the usual "Let's go out to eat."

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jerry5567
Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant and Accommodating”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just had some of the best swordfish and profiteroles ever. The swordfish was ocean fresh, and perfectly cooked, and the profiteroles had real whipped cream! We'll be going back soon to try a steak. Also, we found the atmosphere to be pleasant and accommodating, and the service was excellent.
I have eaten in some very fine gourmet restaurants and Ken's can't measure up to those, but it doesn't aspire to either. Our experience found very good traditional fare, fairly priced.
For those who find the atmosphere to be "old and tired," I suspect that years down the road those same people will frequently find their favorite haunts referred to in similar terms. Ken's has a storied past and I can understand why the owners are trying to preserve that rich tradition by not turning it into a Capital Grill.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Frank1492
Massachusetts
“Great steak and great service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

OK, the wood-paneled decor is a little tired and the cost is on the high side, but the steak was grilled exactly the way we like it and, even though we arrived on Mother's Day without reservations, we were seated right away in an otherwise full dining room and we were served promptly. We would go again.

• Visited May 2014