“Stay here and enjoy some uninvited guests”
Review of Monticello Motel

Monticello Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
“Stay here and enjoy some uninvited guests”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My boyfriend and I went out for our anniversary this past weekend. We went to the imax theater next door to this motel and when we got out we found it would not be safe for us to take the 40 minute drive home due to the terrible road conditions during the snow storm. We decided to stay here instead of going to a further hotel. We were welcomed nicely and went to our room, which was requested nonsmoking. When we got there the room smelt musty and of cigarettes and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. Disugsting but not worth the far trip back to the office in the snow. About 40 minutes go by and I see something run across the floor and hide under the blanket on the floor. I freaked out and said to my boyfriend theres a mouse theres a mouse! He told me i was seeing things until it decided to come out and go back under. While we were both freaking out what decides to come into our bed? Another mouse. We frantically packed our things and ran to the office. I went in nicely and requested a refund and was refused because you can only receive one within the first fifteen minutes after checking in. I apologized by saying I'm sorry the mouse did not feel comfortable enough to come into our bed that soon. All he said was he could give one of his rooms without mice. We were on the second floor and they were there I don't think so. for the past two days I have been on and off the phone with the owner who is requesting proof. My proof? I was not going to go catch the mouse with my hands. My proof is my boyfriend and I risked our lives driving home in the blizzard. It normally takes 45 minutes but due to the terrible conditions it took us two and a half hours. I told the owner I would be reporting him to the board of health and he told me go ahead I deal with them all the time. Clearly he does not care about his guests or what anyone thinks of the hotel. We will NOT return.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Holly T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My family stayed one night here. We came here, because we joined a tour of Boston. After we had dinner in Chinatown, the tour bus took us here after half an hour drive on Saturday night. It is close to a mall. My son even joked about visiting Wal-Mart. Like a motel, there are plenty of places for parking. Our room is not smoke free, but it is not that bad. My son found the bathtub slippery. The TV was old, and I could not find any channel. In the morning, we had continental breakfast in the lobby, which looks pretty clean and nice. Since I did not know the price, I could not tell if it was worth to stay here. The crisp air was refreshing in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abuben
Elsipogtog
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Wife and I was looking for room and we saw the ad on the Hotel Coupons, it was early enough to find a room because the was a graduation in the area, May 18/13. paid the room and we went shopping at the local mall and did go back to the room unlit the mall closed. when we got back to the room our room was rented out to another person. so we went to the front desk to see whats going on.

the OWNER said that i only wanted the room for couple hrs. so he didn't want to give my money back, we argued about 15-20 min before he did.

the rooms were not that great and the management really was rude.

Room Tip: Good price of room is sometimes not good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark A

Travellers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is my second visit in last two years... I can see the diffrence... New carpet, New Wall papers..Rooms looks real nice to me. We enjoyed to stay here like we did last year. Management is taking care of during Marathon situation..

Salute...to staff...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roberts C
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I visited for the first time Monticello Inn, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was so cozy and comfortable. It was a picturesque setting on the snow. Very pretty.
We were welcomed by a very friendly and knowledgeable front desk receptionist named Sally. Sally really made our stay so smooth. She's so warm and loving. I've been telling everyone I know about Monticello Inn and sweet Sally. She's such a hardworker and loves her job and it shows. Monticello is pleasurable, but I truly believe it's because of Sally's hospitality. if I'm ever in the area I will definitely stay at Monticello again, but only if Sally is there, She's fantastic. Bianca was also sweet and the manager was nice.

Room Tip: I always prefer the 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I booked two nights on January 24, 25, 2013 in this monticello motel in Framingham while visiting some friends in Framingham, I wish I had read other customers' reviews here about their serious rat/mice issues in their rooms before I actually slept with a mouse for a night here !!!!!

I booked two nights for 127.34 USD, after waking up to urinate in the middle of the first night, I saw a mouse in the room, as I walked a few steps, the mouse ran and hid underneath the bed, Oh my god, I was terrified, no wonder the place smells so bad when I walked in the first place, it was the Rats. So I was terrified and called the front desk asking for a refund and I couldn't wait to move out to the next door best western hotel, the employee laughed and said ''so? a little mouse isn't going to hurt you, wait there, i will call somebody over to kill it for you''. is he joking? what kind of service and attitude is this? and he was laughing? what kind of business is this?

it was snowing outside, super cold, i was terrified, packed my things and waited outside, no one came by, 15 minutes passed by, i thought to myself, what is going on?, why on earth do i have to put up with this nonsense, i paid for a room, it has mice, here i am standing outside the door freezing my entire body off in the snow with my luggage and waiting for some guy to come over with a mouse trap to kill it so i could move back in and sleep again? what is going on??? It turns out that MICE AND RATS are very common in their hotel rooms, in their office, and many other customer also had mice in their rooms according to the employee and my talk with other customers in person. !!!! Disgusting !!!

so i called him, he told me to wait, someobody would come over, it was already 15 minutes ago, so i told him to forget about sending anybody over, are you kidding me? i went to the office myself and asked for a refund, he laughed and said no, he didnt have the power to do that, he gave me another hotel room key and told me to check it out myself if there is a rat, if there is, he would send somebody over to use the mousetrap to kill it for me, what a joke? is this real?????? i said '' are you kidding me,?'' i am a customer who paid money for a clean room without mouse, you told me i had no choice but to live in another room without knowing if there could be more mice, but if there are, which probably would be, and I would have to check out the room myself, then give you a call again in the middle of the night again and you would send someone to use mouse trap to kill them for me so i could sleep in that same room again before another mouse gets in from the dirty rooms you are providing?

he then said '' dont be scared of a mice, it is very commonly seen here, just like now, we killed some mice in other customers' rooms, even our office has mouse in the storage room because the weather is cold out here, what is this nonsense????????

so i asked him to call the manager, he said '' i can't, because this problem happens all the time and he's tired of dealing with it, that's why we have a paper here at the front desk saying no refund, if i called him, i am afraid i would get fired, so no, i am not going to call him for you, dont be scared of a mice, go back to your room and someone will go over to kill it for you''. so he called the maintenance guy and he said he was eating at a restaurant so give him about an hour before he comes to my room with a mouse trap to kill it for me, what is this nonsense???????? why do i have to put up with this nonsense?

i asked the employee to give me the number of his manager and i will call him myself, he said ''no, i am not going to do that for you, i would get fired and because this mouse thing happens all the time, take the new room and go check it out yourself, if you see mice, call me, i will send our guy over after he's done with his dinner to kill them for you, or go back to your old room and wait there, but the rat that is still in that room will not be killed until our guy comes back, that is it, i am not giving you refund, and relax, dont be scared of a mice, it wont hurt you, we even have mice in our office.''

what a joke!!!!, so for 45 minutes i was there standing in the freezing cold snowing winter arguing with this crook employee who forced me to go back and live in the room with a mice until his maintenance guy gets done with his dinner and use the mouse trap to kill it for me, or move to the room next door and go check it out myself if i see any mice, if i do, give him a call, he will call that guy when he comes back to kill it for me, no refund, and dont be scared of mice, and i will not give you my managers phone number and i am not going to call him for you.

what is this?, seriously, what is this nonsense????? how can this place still be in business in the US for providing such horrible and negligent service and a total threat and danger to human health in this rat infested place?

so i called 911 and the police told me to call the health department of the town to have that place shut down due to danger to human health for exposure to rats.

so the employee panicked and called the manager, but he wouldn't let me speak to him directly, they spoke for 2 minutes and he hung up, i asked what they discussed and why you didnt allow me to talk to him, he said he was sleeping, and said the same thing i have told you, no refund, and i could either go back and wait until someone comes over with a mouse trap to kill it or i could move to the room next door and check it out myself for any mice, if there are, give him a call. but no refund.

What is this nonsense????

so after arguing for another 15 minutes (by now already an hour) in the lobby, another customer came forward and also complained about mice in their rooms. he said the same thing, he told them not to be scared, a mice wouldn't hurt you, and also refused refund to them. what a crook.

then this crook employee told me i was starting to irritate him and told me to go back to my room, at that time, i was speechless and couldn't believe what i was hearing, what kind of business is it? this place really needs to be shut down, it is so dirty with mice in the rooms and these employee and manager are rude crooks who only hold on to your money and dont really give a damn about you. this is the kind of service i was getting. it is so ridiculous.......

so i left the place in a state of shock, while i exit the lobby this crook employee laughed and used a sarcastic tone, thank you for coming by, have a nice evening and i hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and said with a smirk and sarcastic tone, i just simply left in a state of disbelief. i went over next door to best western hotel, only 20 dollars more per room per night, super clean and beautiful and no mice in the rooms !!! when i told the front desk about the argument i had at monticello motel, the employee said yeah, we have had several guests who came from there to here because of the same issue, i really think someone should really do something to have that place shut down, it is just not healthy for the guests without knowing what they are getting themselves into.

when i came back home after my trip, i called the crook manager to ask for refund, he kept giving me excuse and saying that he had to call his employee and see what happened and he was busy he would call me back and blah blah blah, when i brought up the topic of serious rat problem in this hotel, he said i was threatening him, what????? and he denied refund. i explained my situation and asked for a refund for the service which i was never provided, why on earth would someone pay money to sleep in a room with rats and he again refused refund and did not even apologize or acknowledge the rat problem in his disgusting motel. He never admitted the problem and never ever even apologized.

I have recordings of the phone call when i called him. i will also post them on youtube so everyone could listen. The title is going to be Monticello Motel Framingham has rats in their rooms, search on youtube, i will poste them ASAP.

i am also taking this issue to the health department, it is about time for someone to do something about it. listen to them yourselves, and unless you want to contract any deadly diseases transmitted by rats, please by all means do not go there.

read other peoples’ reviews here and listen to my conversation when i confronted the crook manager for refund and the serious rat issues in his disgusting motel.

stay away.

i am so pissed writing this, i am voicing the truth about this disgusting monticello motel in framingham so you don't go through what i went through when visitng framingham.

I am also going to dispute my credit card charges with the bank from this disgusting motel. I am so pissed and feel scammed, ripped off, and being with disrespect and feel insulted.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Stephen C
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We have stayed twice now, and first chose the motel based on the price and its location near the Logan Express bus. Each time the room was clean and the service was very good. The owner is very personable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Monticello Motel? Share your experiences!