“MICE - disgusting”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Los Angeles
“MICE - disgusting”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

One of the most horrible experiences I have had with a hotel. My room was filthy, and had mice roaming around the carpet!!!! I tried to call the front desk to complain, but noone answered the phone. I then went to the reception lobby, and the person I spoke with was not surprised (I assume they had this issue with other customers), and blatantly told me that they could not relocate me to another room for the night. Needless to say, nobody came to fix the issue. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Marco B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

arrived mid afternoon, redeye from CA and straight to work, unpacked, went to take a shower, no water. called front desk 2 times, everytime receiving as an answer "ok, i come". then someone knocks at my door saying "15 minutes".

the staff is as arrogant as it is incompetent.

while checking in, they tell me not to lean over the counter, the same counter where they present me with slips to sign. my shirt stained i asked them "why didn't you tell me". they point at a sign taped to the check in counter, to the left of it, bottom half, i was on the right! how can you work from behind a hotel check in counter without the clients touching it? why not a sign clearly visible? why putting forms to sign over the countertop?

and of course, no apologies or i am sorry. entirely as a matter of fact. not sure if more arrogant than incompetent, not sure if tragic or ridiculous. probably all of the above.

in the evening, at the front desk, a clerk not speaking a word of english

oh yes, i do not suggest a stay here under any circumstances!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank surgerygalore

Travellers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed beginning of may. Checked in after midnight needless to say tired. First room door lock broken..requested new room after tipping front desk, come to my horror! Hairs were everywhere in bathroom sheets not changed etc! She stated no other were available. I told management in a.m. he refused to call me back. Went back left note cell #to etc, still nothing! 81$ for filth! Im still calling board of health until I get my refund! Better off in woods if you can't find another hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank suzymagoozy
Hogansville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would never have picked this motel to stay in, but, we were going to be staying 5 nights in this area so we had to look at price as well as location. The room rate is very reasonable, and the location is very good. There are plenty of places to eat/shop across the street and just down Route 9. As another reviewer mentioned, the owner is updating the whole complex so there were workers around during the day and there was some noise, but nothing too extreme. The room/bathroom was clean. Towels and toiletries were supplied whenever requested. The bed – mattress and pillows were great! The bathroom was a bit dated, but everything worked just fine. There was a refrigerator, microwave, TV, and Wi-Fi service in the room, and they all worked great. In the morning a continental breakfast was served in the lobby. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the accommodations. I will definitely stay here again when we visit the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary T
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Monticello Motel in Framingham Massachusetts is a smaller, more traditional motel than are many of its chain operated or franchised competitors. The motel offers nice rooms at good prices and has a dedicated staff who work to make their guests happy The owners are making improvements to the property and hence, once in a while, a small problem may occur with a room system but the management and the staff work quickly to address the issue. In many motels "guest" means simply "customer;" at the Monticello the work guest still conveys real concern on the part of the management to make their clients happy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My boyfriend and I went out for our anniversary this past weekend. We went to the imax theater next door to this motel and when we got out we found it would not be safe for us to take the 40 minute drive home due to the terrible road conditions during the snow storm. We decided to stay here instead of going to a further hotel. We were welcomed nicely and went to our room, which was requested nonsmoking. When we got there the room smelt musty and of cigarettes and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. Disugsting but not worth the far trip back to the office in the snow. About 40 minutes go by and I see something run across the floor and hide under the blanket on the floor. I freaked out and said to my boyfriend theres a mouse theres a mouse! He told me i was seeing things until it decided to come out and go back under. While we were both freaking out what decides to come into our bed? Another mouse. We frantically packed our things and ran to the office. I went in nicely and requested a refund and was refused because you can only receive one within the first fifteen minutes after checking in. I apologized by saying I'm sorry the mouse did not feel comfortable enough to come into our bed that soon. All he said was he could give one of his rooms without mice. We were on the second floor and they were there I don't think so. for the past two days I have been on and off the phone with the owner who is requesting proof. My proof? I was not going to go catch the mouse with my hands. My proof is my boyfriend and I risked our lives driving home in the blizzard. It normally takes 45 minutes but due to the terrible conditions it took us two and a half hours. I told the owner I would be reporting him to the board of health and he told me go ahead I deal with them all the time. Clearly he does not care about his guests or what anyone thinks of the hotel. We will NOT return.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Holly T
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My family stayed one night here. We came here, because we joined a tour of Boston. After we had dinner in Chinatown, the tour bus took us here after half an hour drive on Saturday night. It is close to a mall. My son even joked about visiting Wal-Mart. Like a motel, there are plenty of places for parking. Our room is not smoke free, but it is not that bad. My son found the bathtub slippery. The TV was old, and I could not find any channel. In the morning, we had continental breakfast in the lobby, which looks pretty clean and nice. Since I did not know the price, I could not tell if it was worth to stay here. The crisp air was refreshing in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abuben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Monticello Motel? Share your experiences!