Econo Lodge
US$167
US$132
Hotels.com
US$90
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham(Framingham)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$189
Courtyard
US$210
US$194
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2012

At the time I booked it, this Econo Lodge was the least expensive hotel in the area. So I didn't expect much since after all some place has to be the cheapest and when I'm on a low budget I'm glad those places exist.

First, the good stuff. The beds were comfortable and there was no sign of bedbugs. The area seemed safe. There is a good neighborhood bar next door with nice people, pool tables, and cheap drinks. A grocery store around the corner and a Dunkin Donuts nearby.

The wifi was fast when it worked, but that was only about a third of the time during our two night stay. On 4 different devices we confirmed that the service was out.

The problem was with housekeeping. When the lid of the toilet was down I could see what looked like months worth of semi-liquid urine caked onto the hinges. It was absolutely disgusting. There were lots of little spots like that where I could tell that someone had just stopped caring about their job a long time ago. Under the vanity and sink I saw more dirt and stains.

Cheap doesn't have to mean 'dirty.' If you are paying someone to clean the room, they could spend an extra 5 minutes and actually do their job. This is a problem that can be fixed with better management and a staff change rather than having to spend money and increase prices.

The TV didn't work properly. All that would come on was the main menu and the Weather Channel. I think the remote was broken and the regular buttons on the set were disabled. Whatever. I brought a book anyhow.

By the way, the 'continental breakfast' was especially depressing. I don't understand why places like this even bother with the crappy breakfasts. The thimble-sized styrofoam coffee cup and powdered office-supply creamer; the ancient flakes of off-brand cereal in their dispenser. No tables or chairs -- just take your little bowl of cereal and get the hell out, right?

But the place isn't horrible and there is hope. A year from now maybe they'll have a new maid things will improve.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steamrabbit
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed at the Framingham Econolodge for one night recently. Very average motel. The room was clean but is in need of a makeover. Breakfast was not worth a look. Only cereal and toast and no room to sit and eat it. I stay at Choice hotels for the breakfast but not like this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was taken aback when we arrived at the lodge, but happily surprised when we got to our room. It was large and spacious.....and very clean. We were only there one night on our way to northern Maine, and we would go back. On this trip, we stayed at another lodge in NH for 2 nights and paid much, much more. The lodge was not clean, service was bad and other accomodations were horrible. This Econo Lodge was a great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here one night in June when visiting family. Best thing about the hotel is the location its right Worcester Road not far from the Mass turnpike. The hotel is near shoppers world and many restaurant. If you just need a place to crash for a night no frills it's ok but not for extended stays.

Pros Hotel is basic with large rooms. Hotel offers free breakfast but its very poor not much to offer I would recommend just skipping it. There is a bar and grill on the hotel property.

Cons the hotel allows smoking in many of there rooms, no washer dryer on property, out of date furniture over all just an old hotel bit rundown but clean

Room Tip: If smoking is and issue make sure to request a non smoking room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed here for one night on a trip to visit friends. Generally clean, howver we had to put a towel down on our chairs in the room while having breakfast as they were stained.
Also no guide to channels on the tv and no instructions to operate the remote control.
Continental breakfast was let's say minimal to be kind !

Room Tip: stay on 2nd floor or you're very close to the parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple