“very nice stay”

Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for one night over the Easter weekend. Hotel was busy with families and Marathon runners. This was our first stay and we upgraded to a concierge level room and joined the starwood guest program, so we had a junior suite with free wifi, free in room water bottles, a frig and rollaway for our son. Parking was also free, and the concierge level comes with free appetizers in the evening and a nice free buffet style breakfast in the morning on that level. Our room was lovely, very quiet, with very comfortable bed and layout, but the bathroom was quite small and the bathroom door opened into the bathroom, almost touching the front of the toilet seat. A pocket door or outward opening door would have been much less awkward. We had plenty of towels and toiletries provided. We found all the staff we encountered, from front desk, concierge lounge attendants, housekeeping, lifeguard, and valet attendants, to be very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was a very nice layout, but the water seemed just a bit too cool to be comfortable, and our swim was cut short because we were shivering! Otherwise, we were very pleased overall and would definitely return.

Room Tip: we had a corner suite on 6th floor #659
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff members and the great service that was provided. We look forward to your return with us in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel based on location, Priceline rating.
The building exterior had a castle look that is not carried Inside, odd. Room was comfortable, clean, good pillows and duvet. So far a nice-as-expected hotel.
But now let's add a few things: park your own car? $12/ day. breakfast ? $18 buffet. Internet ? $10/ day. Coffee in the lobby ? Good, but not served every day. No in room refrigerator, microwave, or safe. No fresh soap daily.
This place is not your first choice.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lesnpaulette
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We appreciate your positive feedback on the guest room amenities and the cleanliness. We value your business and hope to have you return to us in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Remodel was very nice to see, warm see-thru fireplaces are a nice touch.Bedding and pillows were soo comfortable. Water pressure could have been better, maybe with a adjustable shower head. Room was very clean and comfortable. Could have used a TV guide to know or find cable stations. Robert in the lounge was on top of his game, other bartenders could learn from him. Staff made me feel important at all times, which all guest ARE.

Room Tip: Check how far rooms are from elevators they can be a long walk to some rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We also appreciate your positive comments regarding our service and amenities. We will be sure to properly recognize our bartender Robert who made your stay memorable. We look forward to your return with us in the future

Reviewed 13 April 2014

As an older, single woman, I wondered if this event-centric hotel would be a fit good fit for me. It turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. Ben at the front desk graciously moved me to a different room, when I asked to be located in a quieter area. My room service dinner arrived promptly, and was delicious. The next morning Rachel went above and beyond her front desk duties and came up to my room for assistance.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and I would definitely recommend this hotel, even if you are not part of a conference or meeting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maggiesueb

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center. We are thrilled to see you acknowledge the hotel service and our amenities. We appreciate your comments about Rachel our desk associate and we will be sure to recognize her. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights and it was a very pleasant experience. On entering the reception area its large and impressive with modern decor.
The friendly welcome at the reception desk was way more than I expected, perhaps due to me being used to more european and british service in hotels. Nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are good quality, clean and spacious. The breakfast was in a good, plenty of choice, spacious area, quiet and again staff were very friendly and helpful.
The price was also in my view very inexpensive so I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Only caution is that you need a car or transport as its not centrally located.

1  Thank Jason_Warren

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of one of our staff and the great service that was provided. We also appreciate the positive comments in regards to the cleanliness as well as the breakfast. We look forward to your return with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is very clean and has great beds! Restaurant food was very good, great staff, very helpful and has hotel shuttle to mall, restaurants etc. Certainly would stay there again. Excellent event hotel.

1  Thank Maggie J
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center. We are thrilled to see you acknowledge the cleanliness, our great staff, our amenities and the quality of our food. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just spent 8 nights at this hotel for an annual event we host for our customers. We have been at this particular location for 13 years so the hotel is very familiar to me.

The hotel has a good location for Western Boston suburbs or if you are in this area on business. It definitely is mostly a "business" hotel.

They have great conference facilities.

The hotel is older, but the common areas have been remodeled in the past few years with the lobby and restaurant/bar new in the past year. The rooms were somewhat remodeled about two years ago. The rooms are functional but not great.

The problem with this hotel is the service level. While the front desk experience has definitely improved in the past year, and there are definitely exceptions to the following statement, the hotel staff still needs a lot of training on customer service.

Before I get into service issues, special "kudos" to Missy in the convention services office, and Bonnie and Jose on the banquet staff. They really worked hard to ensure that our event was successful. While we had one major "glitch" with a group lunch, they did everything they could to rectify the situation and make amends on the subsequent days of the conference. This was the first time I had worked directly with Missy and she really worked hard to make our event a successful one.

The thing that keeps this hotel from a 4 star rating are the details. Housekeeping was a particular disappointment since I had some housekeeping issues last year and the problems don't appear to have been resolved.

Out of the 8 nights I stayed on this visit, we did not get wash cloths replaced on 5 days. Simply no wash cloths left by housekeeping when they cleaned the room. That is just not acceptable. The front desk did respond quickly each time I complained, but I should not have had to call about the issue once, much less 5 times.

The other "towel" service was very inconsistent. When we arrived (my wife and I), there were three towels, three hand towels, three wash cloths....pretty standard for this level hotel. During our stay we had two towels....one towel and three hand towels...the previously mentioned wash cloth issue, no bath mat two days.....just very inconsistent and there is no excuse for that. On next to last day of our stay, we came back to our room to find one towel, no hand towels and no wash cloths...and no bath mat. I don't know if it was housekeeping's idea of a joke, but when they responded to our complaint they brought a stack of 6 towels, 6 hand towels, still no wash cloths, and THREE bath mats.

The consistency of replacing other items in the room was also pretty poor. Several days our disposable cups the bottle of shampoo and conditioner in the room was about 1/2 full, so just not replaced from the previous guest (not a big deal since we bring our own and don't use the hotel amenities, but still not acceptable).

More details. In the concierge lounge, the breakfast selection wasn't bad, but it never changed. The only problems I found was that several days they had no fat free milk available and on the last day they only had whole milk, not even 2%. On two evenings we returned to the hotel about 7:30 from dinner expecting to find some desserts in the lounge. Unfortunately, they were already out. Once night the attendant told us they only receive one "cake" that night. We really didn't "need" the dessert, but if the hotel is going to "advertise" that service they should make sure it is available. Again, just another detail that keeps this property from being really good.

I noticed that another guest mentioned the inconsistency of the TV. We had the same issue. For some reason the NBC station only worked at certain times. We also had a "junior suite" and there was no TV in the bedroom. Very odd. While the bedroom was very small, there is no excuse for not having a wall mounted tv in that room. Flat TV's just don't take up much space.

Overall, we will probably stay at this property again, but the management could take it from just barely average to a great property with just a little better training and more consistency.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel. There is definitely traffic noise from the Mass P...
1  Thank Tim C

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. I welcome all feedback as it helps me improve the experience for the future. I appreciate your positive comments in regards to the catering team, the banquet staff as well as the front desk team. I will be sure to recognize each of them for their efforts. I also appreciate your observations in regards to housekeeping, the Club Lounge and television service. I will reach out to you so I may address your concerns personally. I appreciate your business and look forward to your return to us next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
5 mi away
Courtyard Boston Natick
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick

Been to Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!